• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called New Super Luigi U.

But it should've been called Super Luigi Bros. U (is what jimi_dini is saying)!

Nintendo is way too focused on calling everything "new". Like with the New 3DS.

In the shop:
Customer: "Will this game work on my Nintendo?"
Sales person: "What type of Nintendo console do you have?"
Customer: "A red one."
Sales person: "Ok, but is it a New 3DS, because you need a New 3DS for this game."
Customer: "Well, I bought it 2 months ago, so it's fairly new."

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
But it should've been called Super Luigi Bros. U (is what jimi_dini is saying)!
."

Wouldn't make sense considering the names of the heroes are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario ("Mario" bros) and there's only one of them in New Super Luigi U. The New in the title makes sense, since it was originally a DLC for New Super Mario Bros U then released as also a standalone title.

Wouldn't make sense considering the names of the heroes are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario ("Mario" bros) and there's only one of them in New Super Luigi U. The New in the title makes sense, since it was originally a DLC for New Super Mario Bros U then released as also a standalone title.

Honestly, this is a bit of a pointless discussion. It was just an honest mistake by jimi_dini that started it.

Having said that: we've already had the thing with them being "Bros." Read the last few posts above. That was already cleared out by Beyonce Beytwice.

But your logic is still off, man. The game "New Super Mario Bros. U" should've never been called "New" either. "Super Mario Bros. U" would've been perfectly ok. It's Super Mario Bros. and it plays on Wii U. Even Mario Bros. U would've been sufficient. They are not Super, because Super originally meant they could be played on the Super NES.

It's not because that game's title is wrong that the Luigi game should just follow suit.

There is no point in calling those games (or consoles like the New 3DS for that matter) "New". It does nothing but confuse customers.

Sondar

Earth Defence Force 2025 (X360) has dropped to £9.85 (£9.56 for silver members) at Shoope Twooie which was my sweet spot, so grabbed a copy.

JonCha

Held off on all the other bundles waiting for a great Xbox One bundle that included MCC, hoping a decent one pops up next week!

I've got a £20 off voucher for Amazon so I'm wondering if £329 for the console and MCC is the best it's going to get before release.

repeater

Lots of UK deals ship to mainland EU and come later in the year and also in spring BOMBA prices will come to stock that did not sale this fall.
Exactly.
Plus, no one's stopping anyone from outside the UK from posting deals in here. I've posted deals that were Sweden-exclusive (I mean.. come on!) repeatedly and have never gotten a single critical remark from anyone in the thread. So if the thread is UK-centric it's only because the most active participants are UK-based. Thus, ExoSoul's passive aggressiveness seems wholly uncalled for.

Anyone got a Zavvi coupon laying around? I might pick something up there if I can get 5%-10% off.

Edit. Found one myself. 10CCZ for 10% off if someone is interested.

Amazon just cancelled my order.

Sorry to hear that.

But that's what I had already feared: that these are people's last chances to get the game if they want it.

Don't see it getting cheaper in the future, unless some stock leftovers are found somewhere. Or in case of a reprint of course, but at this point that doesn't seem all that likely.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Amazon.co.uk:
Final Fantasy XIV(PS3) - £2 (Price Matched With Tesco's) - Can be upgraded to PS4 version - Comes with 30 days subscription - 14 days restricted trial also available IIRC
Last of Us - Remastered (PS4)- £25

The Game Collection:
Pokemon Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire - £30 - Cheapest I can find.

GAME UK-They've been doing Digital Downloads for a while, some of the stuff is cheap I.e. Sonic. Ps3+Vita HERE
Thanks for The Last of Us deal! 2-4 weeks despatch though :(

Zatoth

The PS3 (and the 3DS version) are probably easier to get a hold off for a fairly cheap price. It's just the Wii U version that I think is going to more of an issue from now on.

PS3 version for £19.95 at TGC for example.

Thought so. I'd prefer the Wii U version. But I am in no hurry to get the game and the price at Amazon was nice. So I tried my luck.

Eolz

Sorry to hear that.

But that's what I had already feared: that these are people's last chances to get the game if they want it.

Don't see it getting cheaper in the future, unless some stock leftovers are found somewhere. Or in case of a reprint of course, but at this point that doesn't seem all that likely.

The PS3 (and the 3DS version) are probably easier to get a hold off for a fairly cheap price. It's just the Wii U version that I think is going to more of an issue from now on.

PS3 version for £19.95 at TGC for example.

Thought so. I'd prefer the Wii U version. But I am in no hurry to get the game and the price at Amazon was nice. So I tried my luck.

It's at 30€ on Amazon fr, official discount by Amazon, so about the same price.
No idea if it's in english/5 languages as most games are in Europe though.

It's at 30€ on Amazon fr, official discount by Amazon, so about the same price.
No idea if it's in english/5 languages as most games are in Europe though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be in French.

My UK copy has English text only on the back of the box. And inside there is a manual/instructions leaflet with instructions in English, Dutch, Swedish and Finnish.

jimi_dini

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be in French.

My UK copy has English text only on the back of the box. And inside there is a manual/instructions leaflet with instructions in English, Dutch, Swedish and Finnish.

Wii U version seems to be multilingual. Can't say for sure about the PS3 version.

In case you own a Wii U UK copy and it's English only, then I guess there are 2 versions in Europe. One UK only and the other one is multilingual PEGI.

EDIT: The Australian PS3 version is definitely multilingual
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/771435-one-piece-unlimited-world-red/images/box-426844
And the PS3 Limited Edition has PEGI, USK + Australian age classification stickers on it. Which means there is at least one multilingual version for all those countries.

Wii U version seems to be multilingual. Can't say for sure about the PS3 version.

In case you own a Wii U UK copy and it's English only, then I guess there are 2 versions in Europe. One UK only and the other one is multilingual PEGI.

But there is Dutch, Swedish and Finnish in the instructions leaflet...

Edit: there is also a German version, with USK logo, which mine definitely doesn't have.

jimi_dini

But there is Dutch, Swedish and Finnish in the instructions leaflet...

Weird. So you own the PS3 one? Or the Wii U? Could you check what the game does in case you change the language to for example French? And does the disc have a USK sticker on it? That normally hints that it's a multilingual version. The manual may be country specific of course.

Yes, the cover may be different as well. That's also the case for Nintendo games. Still the disc is the same.

Sakujou

Banned
How is that figure? have any links to real life pics because 25 euro is damm cheap just to have the figure.

my picture of the figurine. solid quality.

btw. i cant believe how cheap they sell the LE.

i bought the LE DAY 1 for 100€ and was so proud... now they even cant get rid of it and sell it for such a shitty price :(

Weird. So you own the PS3 one? Or the Wii U? Could you check what the game does in case you change the language to for example French? And does the disc have a USK sticker on it? That normally hints that it's a multilingual version. The manual may be country specific of course.

Yes, the cover may be different as well. That's also the case for Nintendo games. Still the disc is the same.

Wii U.

There is an USK logo on the sticker on the disc.

Not sure about languages, because there is a Japanese language track. I'll check tomorrow night. On the back of the box there is a "Audio" indication with ONLY the Japanese flag, btw, so I don't know if there is another language track on there even.

Edit: oh wait. Down below on the back of the box there is another indication.
- Software and electronic manual: EN, DE, FR, ES, IT
- Quick guide: EN, NL, SV, FI

So probably multilanguage on disc, but localised to some regions for the cover art and the quick guide (= the instructions leaflet I talked about before).

jimi_dini

Wii U.

There is an USK logo on the sticker on the disc.

Not sure about languages, because there is a Japanese language track. I'll check tomorrow night. On the back of the box there is a "Audio" indication with ONLY the Japanese flag, btw, so I don't know if there is another language track on there even.

The game has Japanese audio only. But multilingual subtitles.
And the USK logo proves that it's a multilingual disc. I guess they did the same for PS3. Sony for example releases country-specific versions, so that people won't import games (the actual disc only has for example French + English audio or German + English audio on it, UK is English audio only). Most other companies don't do that crap.

Tales Of Graces f (PS3, also by Namco) has multilingual subtitles as well, even the UK release. Still English audio only everywhere.

How is that figure? have any links to real life pics because 25 euro is damm cheap just to have the figure.

I don't have any pics of it, but bought it for £20 a monthish ago for the figure alone. It's worth that price alone, very detailed and all the knives+swords that raiden has in the game come with it and can be placed on his feet+hands etc. Only complaint is the paint was kinda faded straight out of the box - not as good as the stock pics.

Thanks for The Last of Us deal! 2-4 weeks despatch though :(

Shop2 have it as well .

I uploaded some pics I took this morning:

7GerBa7.jpg

More pics:
http://i.imgur.com/iDZZ8c7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iJlk3cV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ufolD1i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/szSXICL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yn3SaS0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1ZZdrP7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eref1gD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BPSSNrk.jpg

NateDog

Completely forgot when Bayo2 was out (thought it was this Friday, not last), couldn't pay for my order with Amazon (have to by tomorrow but bank holiday here so no bank open before 10AM tomorrow and they want payment by 4AM). Got onto their chat service and asked if they could cancel the automatic cancellation and the guy told me he'd get me back the initial price (£32 for the Bayo2+1 edition) if I asked. Good old Amazon.

jesu

Lords Of The Fallen is £34.95 at thegamecollection.net, PS4 and X1.
I'm waiting on some reviews to see if it's worth that or not.

E-phonk

Banned
What seems to be the best price for smashbros for mainland europe?

Amazon.fr has it for 49,99 (10 cheaper than .de), and co.uk £39,99 which is exactly the same after conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom