• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
Surprised this isn't over at HUKD yet but GAME have the Blazblue ChronoPhantasma extend LE for £19.99 for the PS4 and XB1 versions or £14.99 for PS3 and PSVita, it then knocks £19.98 off the price of the XB1/PS4 versions or £14.98 off the PS3/Vita versions respectively for some reason, making each version 1p each.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...4____ProductDisplayErrorView?productId=783261

Link is to PS4 version. I'll await the cancellation to my order for 1 PS4 copy.

Fucking lol. Ordered, fully expect them to tell me to get stuffed tomorrow

daxy

Surprised this isn't over at HUKD yet but GAME have the Blazblue ChronoPhantasma extend LE for £19.99 for the PS4 and XB1 versions or £14.99 for PS3 and PSVita, it then knocks £19.98 off the price of the XB1/PS4 versions or £14.98 off the PS3/Vita versions respectively for some reason, making each version 1p each.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...4____ProductDisplayErrorView?productId=783261

Now that's a deal if I've ever seen one. Wonder how quickly these will be canceled.

8bit

Knows the Score

Haha, in for a penny.

I got The Order for £7 the other day with a brick n mortar shop coupon.

It's really pretty good, brutally truncated story aside (like seriously... people thought MGSV was bad...)

However £20 is still just too high, I think. £10-15 is probably perfect. The simulation and the gunfighting is god-tier. Fancy playing it again now actually.

Bought. Thanks for the heads up. Was gutted I missed this deal the other week.

3DS is such a great console. Look forward to playing this.

I enjoyed The Order, but it's probably the most linear game I've ever played. I must get round to opening Codename STEAM, got it for a tenner a few months ago but forgot.

Stalk

Almost added The Order to my cart before remembering that I don't really want to play The Order, and I also don't want a big box full of shit.

I hate the gamer response to a "bargain."

I completely agree. The only bargain there for me was the Codename STEAM price. I could not want a big box of the game any less... if the standalone was £10 I'd probably grab it but hey.

So.. uhm... just a quick question
When you buy a console from amazon france. Does it ship all the way from france ? or does it ship from the nearest outlet to your post code ?
The reason I am asking is because I am seriously considering buying a PS4 from amazon france but I am a little bit worried about the warranty and electricity plug.

Added 1st class delivery to the Blazblue pricing error, feels wrong getting a game for 1p! Now it's £1.51!

Can't wait to see how quick GAME shut down my order! Should be good for a laugh

Hasney

Almost added The Order to my cart before remembering that I don't really want to play The Order, and I also don't want a big box full of shit.

Yeah, I almost bought the Driveclub Season Pass even though I really dislike the game. But it was only £5!

Hasney

Ordered Blazblue. Needed use up my points since I never really want to use them anyway and it brought it down to 12p delivered!

Be amazed if we get it though.

I know what you mean and yet I wasn't able to say no to GoW3:R, The Order and Tearaway for 9.99 each. I don't even really want the first two games.

Looks like my order went through! Really interested to see if GAME honour their mistake! Got a feeling they won't, but it'll be amusing anyway!

Prg7q3B.png

TheMoon

So.. uhm... just a quick question
When you buy a console from amazon france. Does it ship all the way from france ? or does it ship from the nearest outlet to your post code ?
The reason I am asking is because I am seriously considering buying a PS4 from amazon france but I am a little bit worried about the warranty and electricity plug.

You'll get a PS4 from France and you'll need to buy an adapter for your plug. Or does the PS4 still just use regular PC-like power cables like the PS3 did? Then you can just buy a local one of those and simply use that. Total non-issue either way.

Ordered BlazBlue for £1.51. Every time I ordered on my card it seemed to fail, however when I used my reward card points, the transaction went through just fine. Thanks for posting the deal, hopefully it all works out.

Hasney

You'll get a PS4 from France and you'll need to buy an adapter for your plug. Or does the PS4 still just use regular PC-like power cables like the PS3 did? Then you can just buy a local one of those and simply use that. Total non-issue either way.

Yeah, still a regular old power lead.

hohoXD123

Was posted on HUKD about 15 minutes ago, someone probably bought the lot.

Hoping that some people here get it honoured, wait what am I thinking these are 100% going to get cancelled but there was no harm in trying I guess.

Haha yeah, as soon as I saw the HUKD post I knew it would go OOS.

mr-paul

PS4 version is temporarily out of stock, so went for the PS3 version for a penny! Don't know if I'll ever play it if it's actually fulfilled, but hard to turn down for a single pence!

SomTervo

I enjoyed The Order, but it's probably the most linear game I've ever played.

Linear isn't a pejorative term, though.

I played some of the fights in it 4-6 times and got a great, different fight each time.

And in a year or two, once I've forgotten the game enough, I'll load it up again and it'll be almost like new.

Hasney

Linear isn't a pejorative term, though.

I played some of the fights in it 4-6 times and got a great, different fight each time.

And in a year or two, once I've forgotten the game enough, I'll load it up again and it'll be almost like new.

Still the only game I've bought, beaten, platinumed and sold on day 1. That's gotta be worth something, right?

Only ordered one copy. Didn't want to be greedy. Just received my order confirmation. Here's hoping.

Even if you get a confirmation that it's "in the post", I wouldn't believe it until it comes through your letterbox.

Last time game had a pricing erorr, I got confirmation that it was "on it's way", but that actually means the orders been sent to GAMEs warehouse, not that it's in the post. They can still stop it at that point.

Binabik15

I'm trying to buy The Order as a digital code from Amazon.com, bt it tells me that it is not available due to geographic restrictions. I mean, WAT. I've bought several PS4 games from them before :/

I'm not sure that changing my country on Amazon -as it suggests- is a smart idea with Prime and actually ordering physical goods from Aamzon.de, sooo, any way around that? I want to shoot rabble and werewolves and I want to do it cheap.

I'm trying to buy The Order as a digital code from Amazon.com, bt it tells me that it is not available due to geographic restrictions. I mean, WAT. I've bought several PS4 games from them before :/

I'm not sure that changing my country on Amazon -as it suggests- is a smart idea with Prime and actually ordering physical goods from Aamzon.de, sooo, any way around that? I want to shoot rabble and werewolves and I want to do it cheap.

Just set up a new amazon.com account with another email address and tell it you're in the US.

Binabik15

Cool, then I'll create a new account. Just asking because e.g. Sony wouldn't let me use a non-US card on my dummy UK/US acounts.

Now if only all the other games I wan't didn't cost thrice as much as digital codes compared to physical :I

Does anyone know if you can use promotional credit (received because they fucked up an order) towards a lightning deal? I can't see any information on it. Just got off with CS but they seemed clueless.

Why not just add a deal to your basket and see? Just don't complete the checkout.

Well I tried to explain to them 5 times that the only promo credit I received was amazon video credit and when I tried to order an amazon basics HDMI, nothing was deducted. They said the credit was in my account but you can't use it towards a lightning deal, tried another item not in any deal or promo and nope the credit doesn't work.

So they're just wrong?

edit: i can't be bothered with it right now, I'll try it another day.

Well I tried to explain to them 5 times that the only promo credit I received was amazon video credit and when I tried to order an amazon basics HDMI, nothing was deducted. They said the credit was in my account but you can't use it towards a lightning deal, tried another item not in any deal or promo and nope the credit doesn't work.

So they're just wrong?

If the promo credit you got is for amazon video, why would it work on anything else?

If the promo credit you got is for amazon video, why would it work on anything else?

well, originally I ordered Guitar Hero Live for PS4, it never arrived, according to them the wrong courier picked it up. They gave me £10 promotional credit, it appears to be amazon video credit for whatever reason. I guess I'll watch a film later haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom