• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Random musings because dp

The white Xbox one is gorgeous - they had one in the window of game.

Considering trading in my 2nd PS4 and my launch Xbox one (£390 credit), buy the white Xbox then sell SO and forza for £50. That would leave me £90 which I could use to buy a PSTV which would play my PS4 games in my spare room.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Do Amazon.es have free shipping to the UK? Just asking if you can save a couple of quid on the amiibos since they're £10 on the UK site. It also doesn't seem to have the £49.85 amiibo/GameCube controller bundles.

No.
Only to countries without their own Amazon website.

RiggyRob

No.
Only to countries without their own Amazon website.

Nope, shipping costs to the UK are 3 quid.

Not worth trying to get it if the shipping is just going to bring it back to £10+, good for those who can take advantage of it though.

I suppose I should get around to preordering Smash + the Mario amiibo, but I'm holding out
possibly in vain
for cheaper than Amazon/Shopto (£45 or less would be great).

TheMoon

it's ridiculous how cheap Amazon.es and Amazon.fr are compared to Amazon.de who shamelessly are still selling them for 14,99 EUR...

mclem

If anyone's got Nectar points, save 'em. In late November they're worth double* on videogames in Sainsbury's, so you could potentially pick up a half-price PS4 or Xbox One game.

(*in multiples of £10, you exchange £10 for a voucher worth £20, etc.)

Got any more on this? Not sure if I need to exchange in advance, or just do it at the till, or what. My birthday pretty much falls dead on the cusp of 'late November', so I'll be taking advantage!

Got any more on this? Not sure if I need to exchange in advance, or just do it at the till, or what. My birthday pretty much falls dead on the cusp of 'late November', so I'll be taking advantage!

When it starts around November 26th, you exchange your Nectar points at customer services for a voucher worth double what the Nectar points are worth. So 1,000 points is normally worth five quid and you'll get a voucher for ten quid, which you can use in a specific category - so, entertainment. You then just use the voucher at the checkout before it expires a few days later.

You can exchange in multiples of 1,000 points, up to a maximum of 4,000 points per category. So 4,000 points will get you a voucher for £40 instead of £20, which would effectively save you £20 on the price of a game.

So yeah, it's worth saving them but the maximum you'll get is twenty quid off a game.

MUnited83

For you.
Just a smal PSA: PS+ games this month on the EU seem to not have expiry dates, so you can subscribe PS+, get the games, let the subscription end and you will still kee the games. This might be a bug but my store(portuguese) does say I can " keep the game forever"

For my fellows French bros: just bought a Wii U Premium pack with Monster Hunter and a Pro Pad for 175€. Deal is up too for the Zombie U pack (but the price is 40€ higher).

Place: Fnac St Lazare. Don't know if the deal run for every Fnac, but it's worth a call at that price!

Just grabbed mine, with MK8 and Bayonetta 2 First Print Edition

mclem

When it starts around November 26th, you exchange your Nectar points at customer services for a voucher worth double what the Nectar points are worth. So 1,000 points is normally worth five quid and you'll get a voucher for ten quid, which you can use in a specific category - so, entertainment. You then just use the voucher at the checkout before it expires a few days later.

You can exchange in multiples of 1,000 points, up to a maximum of 4,000 points per category. So 4,000 points will get you a voucher for £40 instead of £20, which would effectively save you £20 on the price of a game.

So yeah, it's worth saving them but the maximum you'll get is twenty quid off a game.
Other than spending a few at Argos purchasing DVD storage, I've never spent any after having the card for several years. I'm sitting on around £100s worth. What are the other 'categories', assuming you can only max out at 4k points (I assume you can't use the offer a second time?). I would hope 'groceries' would be one, but I wonder if that's too generic.

kuppy

bsuqd9.png

Worth a shit at that price,

Don't go in expecting much. Actually, don't go in expecting anything at all and you might have some with it.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! ABORT!

I'm only considering because of the DOA5 costumes...

Its ok, i bought it for 10dollars and its ok.
But yeah, worst ninja gaiden in forever.

That doesn't sound too good. :)
Anyway, I'll think it over. Thanks guys!

zaphod79

Found COD AW for £34

anywhere cheaper? :D

Which system ?

PC you can get a cheaper steam key - £27 at simply games or £25 at cdkeys
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/call-duty-advanced-warfare-pc-download-26-99-simplygames-2035957

PS4 / XBO that seems to be the cheapest (unless you are also doing your weekly shop in a supermarket like Sainsburys when you get it cheaper if you buy £30 worth of shopping at the same time).

360 and PS3 versions are around £5 less.

Cheapest online I can find for the PS4 / XBO is £34.85 at Simply games : http://www.simplygames.com/search?keywords=advanced+warfare (interestingly they are charging £5 *more* for the PS3 / 360 one)

Other than spending a few at Argos purchasing DVD storage, I've never spent any after having the card for several years. I'm sitting on around £100s worth. What are the other 'categories', assuming you can only max out at 4k points (I assume you can't use the offer a second time?). I would hope 'groceries' would be one, but I wonder if that's too generic.

Yeah it's one voucher (up to £40, so the £20 saving) per category. I can't remember what the others are, but I think there's electricals, so toasters and hoovers and whatever, beers and wines (not spirits), and maybe health and beauty? There's actually a few, I'm sure you'll get emails from Nectar about it nearer the time, and there'll be stuff all over Sainsbury's when you go in when it's on. You'll be able to use £100 though if you happen to need stuff in each category, I'm sure there's five.

jesu

Yeah it's one voucher (up to £40, so the £20 saving) per category. I can't remember what the others are, but I think there's electricals, so toasters and hoovers and whatever, beers and wines (not spirits), and maybe health and beauty? There's actually a few, I'm sure you'll get emails from Nectar about it nearer the time, and there'll be stuff all over Sainsbury's when you go in when it's on. You'll be able to use £100 though if you happen to need stuff in each category, I'm sure there's five.

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on my emails for that too, I've got about £190 in Nectar points.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just picked up the White XB1 with SO for £289 at Asda

Currently giving £20 off with code CONSOLE so down to £329
http://direct.asda.com/Xbox-One-Consoles/AD07011201,default,sc.html

and I also had the £40 paypal offer attached to my account from the other week. Pick up tomorrow :)

What PayPal offer? Guessing it has finished now?

White Xbox for £299, white Xbox with SO for £329, or white Xbox with SO and Forza 5 for £349. Might go for the solus and sell my black one. Would I get £250 for a black one? Want to keep my kinect though (there's a sentence I didn't expect to be typing)

Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Special Edition - £44.99 @ Nintendo UK Store

Combine with the below for free hat/magazine. Might be a deal to some people.
Apparently they were working last week on pre-orders but have since stopped doing so (might have resume though). The hats are apparently pretty bad quality though.

As for other retailers. I have a feeling only GAME and Nintendo Store will sell it so £44.99 will be the best from a UK retailer.

What PayPal offer? Guessing it has finished now?

White Xbox for £299, white Xbox with SO for £329, or white Xbox with SO and Forza 5 for £349. Might go for the solus and sell my black one. Would I get £250 for a black one? Want to keep my kinect though (there's a sentence I didn't expect to be typing)

Yeah it was a while back, I think it was limited to 5,000 people but you could get a £40 off a £200 Asda Direct spend coupon applied to your PayPal account, I'd been holding on to it in the hope that Asda brought about a sale or a coupon just like this. The £40 was running out (11th Nov)

Zafir

Apparently they were working last week on pre-orders but have since stopped doing so (might have resume though). The hats are apparently pretty bad quality though.

As for other retailers. I have a feeling only GAME and Nintendo Store will sell it so £44.99 will be the best from a UK retailer.

I put in a order about an hourish ago after noticing they put it up, and it let me add codes. You can only choose one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom