• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

ItalyGAF

Wii U Mario Maker Edition 199€ LINK
Wii U Xenoblade Chronicles X Edition 217€, only online LINK
MediaWorld.

There is also the Xbox One lineup on sale.

tfw something a deal for Italy but you already have a WiiU

Still, thanks to all of you who keep posting deals, for IT, mainland EU and wherever, the only GAF thread I still visit everytime.

Famassu

Well fuck you too, Amazon. "We can't ship this cheap Persona 4 Mega Super Special Edition to your location." Oh well, your loss if you don't want my money. ;___;

holygeesus

Banned
Much like you can with the MS Xbox store, you can now change your location in Windows 10 and buy PC games cheaper via the MS store. At the moment India seems the 'preferred' location - e.g. the new Tomb Raider game is approx £10. Expect this 'glitch' to be sorted soon, but for now it's fill your boots time.

superjona

Much like you can with the MS Xbox store, you can now change your location in Windows 10 and buy PC games cheaper via the MS store. At the moment India seems the 'preferred' location - e.g. the new Tomb Raider game is approx £10. Expect this 'glitch' to be sorted soon, but for now it's fill your boots time.

Is it 10 pounds for XO as well?

mshlive

Looking to get an Xbox One Elite Controller but really struggling to find one in stock at a half decent price.

I'm in the UK, has anybody got any ideas?

Looking to get an Xbox One Elite Controller but really struggling to find one in stock at a half decent price.

I'm in the UK, has anybody got any ideas?

I watched the argos website and checked locations near to where you live. They do come back in stock, you can reserve them and they are sold at retail price. CEX had a used one in their window for about £170, cheeky twats.

mshlive

I watched the argos website and checked locations near to where you live. They do come back in stock, you can reserve them and they are sold at retail price. CEX had a used one in their window for about £170, cheeky twats.

That's the annoying thing, there's such a differentiation in price in the places that do actually have it!

demonkaze

Still looking at Disgaea 5 on the PSN sale page at £32.99. I want to play it at some point, just not right now but its the cheapest ive seen it anywhere. Whats the odds of it dropping lower at retail or in another sale or should I jump now?

Still looking at Disgaea 5 on the PSN sale page at £32.99. I want to play it at some point, just not right now but its the cheapest ive seen it anywhere. Whats the odds of it dropping lower at retail or in another sale or should I jump now?

You can get retail copies with the launch bonus for only a few £ more (37). Unless you want to play it now I'd wait, it will be cheaper at some point.

Hasney

That's the annoying thing, there's such a differentiation in price in the places that do actually have it!

Yeah, I ended up buying an XBox Elite Console yesterday and looked at CEX... They wanted £5 more than Game for a second hand one compared to their new!

Zavvi is sending out mystery discount codes again. Did anyone get one higher than 10% that they don't need? If so, i'd be grateful if i could have it.

Just a heads up to you UK Amiibo peoplez. CEX are selling Animal Crossing Amiibo cards for 50p each. Some might be £3 but I've managed to pick up lot's of specials (Isabelle, DJ.K.K, Tom Nook) etc for £1 each. Went into Watford and got a around 20 cards for £16. So good since you don't have to buy packs and get the same card again since they're on display in CEX stores.

Zafir

It's not really a glitch per se though.

You've been able to do it for a while on the Windows 10 store. It's just, up until Rise of the Tomb Raider, there wasn't anything on the store to profit from.

I swapped my region over to the US over Christmas because they had some good 10cent tablet game deals. (Didn't even bother doing anything for any other country. -.- )

They will probably change how it works now though. :/

Microsoft are starting to sell £5 windows store cards/codes to use on windows 10 however your live account is shared between xbox console and windows store, so if you ever only need a few quid for somethng on the xbox you can now avoid having to buy a £10 card.

it's not a direct saving but handy for dlc that's not £10 yet you want to buy it without adding a credit or debit card.

*edit* you can buy £5 xbox codes on GAME's website, I forgot about that.

oldmario

kinda tempted by that disco fever edtion, anyone want a £20 + postage copy of P4DAN to help me out since i already own the game? probably have to limit it to the uk for there to be any value

Hasney

For those looking at the Tomb Raider deal, just keep 2 things in mind.

Windows Store doesn't allow modifying the files and exclusive full screen doesn't work. Really fucking weird decisions.

For those looking at the Tomb Raider deal, just keep 2 things in mind.

Windows Store doesn't allow modifying the files and exclusive full screen doesn't work. Really fucking weird decisions.
windows apps all run from a closed off portion of the HDD so it's expected, and windows apps have never worked with external video grabbers since win8 came out because of the closed off nature of how apps work.

I'd only suggest buying a full game there if it's super cheap otherwise it's way too limited.

*edit* iphone auto correct can be really bad

Hasney

windows apps all run from a closed off portion of the HDD so it's expected, and windows apps have never worked with grapes and external video grabbers since win8 came out because of the closed off nature of how apps work.

I'd only suggest buying a full game there if it's super cheap otherwise it's way too limited.

Yeah, it's slightly frustrating that MS don't treat games separate. I don't think I could even buy them on my desktop due to the small SSD boot drive and Windows Store apps having to install to C (unless that changed. I got Win 8 at launch, did symbolic links from the directory and they failed to launch). Hell, even the laptop I'm looking at has a 128GB M2 SSD, so I doubt I'd buy games for that either.

Hoping that Killer Instinct and other MS published game gets a Steam release, but I'm not holding my breath.

Phinor

Zavvi is sending out mystery discount codes again. Did anyone get one higher than 10% that they don't need? If so, i'd be grateful if i could have it.

FYI, Zavvi seem to exclude most of their in stock items from this discount. At least that's been my experience this past hour, trying it on various items I've been planning to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom