• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we expecting a WiiU price reduction here in europe for Q4, assuming they announce NX in september?

I am trying to warm up to buy a WiiU to play the handful of games I am interested in + Zelda when it arrives but spending around 400 for a WiiU + games whe it's on its way out of the market is really inexcusable,

They got the nintendo selects right so that's being take care of but the hardware itself, at this point it shouldn't be anymore than 199 euro IMO

I don't personally, at least in UK you cannot find it at retail aside from GAME, online a lot of stores even dropped it, sales have been poor for years so I doubt there is much inventory about.

If there are reductions there would be very limited stock so you'd need jump on the deal the minute it happens, because it would be OOS over and done with within a hour.

Unlike Sony/MS Nintendo kill their old hardware the moment they release a new one. They won't produce new ones.

Ok, maybe I'm a little LTTP but I just found out that if you preorder South Park: Fractured But Whole you get The Stick Of Truth right away for free.

Question is: what if I preordered it, then cancel the preorder and wait for it to get cheaper after launch? Can I keep Stick of Truth or Sony takes locks it like it was a Plus game without subscription or something like that?

Cancel how? good luck getting a cancelation/refund from psn, specially if you download and use "part" of it.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...ons/pre-orders/how-do-i-cancel-a-pre-order-0/

After payment (immediate payment)

How long you have to cancel (cooling off period) depends on when you paid:

More than 14 days before main product release date

You can cancel up to the release date if you have not started to download1 the main part of the pre-order (or the pre-load file).

14 days or less before main product release date

You can cancel up to 14 days after placing the pre-order if you have not started to download1 the main part of the pre-order (or the pre-load file).

If you have not started to download the main product and your pre-order included immediately accessible extra content, this extra content will stop working if you cancel your pre-order and you will receive a refund to your wallet. If no additional content was included you will receive a refund to the original payment method where possible2.

Stick of Truth is a pre-order bonus and not the main product, I guess in theory you could download it, play it and refund Fracture But Whole, then lose access to Stick of Truth.

I wouldn't test it though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
No, I really did mean Horizon 2!

It's been €19 on Amazon.it a few times and gets that low every few weeks; weirdly there's a multitude of entries for the game on the site (like 10+ and no I'm not kidding) so check on all of them, when I got my day1 (!) copy for €19 shipped a few months ago, the other skus were going for as high as €69!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cancel how? good luck getting a cancelation/refund from psn, specially if you download and use "part" of it.

On PSN EU sites, contrary to NA, you can cancel any preorder in just 2 clicks and they also don't take money until release, done it myself a few times.

Got the huge Guilty Gear "demo" exclusive to Xrd Revelator's psn preorders and canceled my preorder two days later and didn't lose access to it.

On PSN EU sites, contrary to NA, you can cancel any preorder in just 2 clicks and they also don't take money until release, done it myself a few times.

Got the huge Guilty Gear "demo" exclusive to Xrd Revelator's psn preorders and canceled my preorder two days later and didn't lose access to it.
that changed a while ago, most pre orders now charge you immediately. Specifically to avoid situations like getting the demo for free

thenexus6

Bless you thegamecollection

0wfawID.jpg

Salvadora

I don't personally, at least in UK you cannot find it at retail aside from GAME, online a lot of stores even dropped it, sales have been poor for years so I doubt there is much inventory about.

If there are reductions there would be very limited stock so you'd need jump on the deal the minute it happens, because it would be OOS over and done with within a hour.

Unlike Sony/MS Nintendo kill their old hardware the moment they release a new one. They won't produce new ones.

It's a real shame because the Selects line-up have made the games a very attractive prospect, but I just can't stomach Wii U prices.

It's heartbreaking that the NX won't be backwards compatible - so say the rumours.

Powwa

Also Lucas, but he's been cheaper before.

Wasn't planning to get any amiibos since I don't have a Wii U, ended up buying Ryu, Dark Pit and Wario with that tempting price. Will use them as just figures, thanks for the heads up.

I recently bought a DSi XL. Does anyone know where I can pick up some Hori screen protectors for it? They seem to be out of stock everywhere...not surprising given it's so old now. Hoping someone can help, though. Thanks.

NateDog

I'm probably fairly late to the party but anywhere still selling the FFX/X-2 LE with the steelbook and calendar thing on PS4 and for a decent price? I got the PS3 version but haven't played it yet but someone reminded me the PS4 version of the game has the option to use the unremastered OST in-game and since I already know a few tracks from the game and really like them I think I'd rather go with that version if possible. Even if there's a good deal on the standard PS4 one.

I'm probably fairly late to the party but anywhere still selling the FFX/X-2 LE with the steelbook and calendar thing on PS4 and for a decent price? I got the PS3 version but haven't played it yet but someone reminded me the PS4 version of the game has the option to use the unremastered OST in-game and since I already know a few tracks from the game and really like them I think I'd rather go with that version if possible. Even if there's a good deal on the standard PS4 one.
It's always on sale on PSN as recently as last week. Pick it up there and forego the need for more physical cruft.

The calendar version was for the US, we only got a steelbook iirc. So you'll need to buy (what are now) two overpriced versions.

NateDog

The calendar version was for the US, we only got a steelbook iirc. So you'll need to buy (what are now) two overpriced versions.
Ah I didn't know, ah well.

And thanks, maybe I will go digital if it's cheap enough, not like I need to hold on to a copy since I still have a PS2 copy of it too.

Ah I didn't know, ah well.

And thanks, maybe I will go digital if it's cheap enough, not like I need to hold on to a copy since I still have a PS2 copy of it too.
They went down to £12/13 for a physical copy a month ago iirc, cheapest atm is Base though. The digital copy is always more than that on sale, I think it went down to £20 once (I was considering upgrading).

Zafir

How are Amazon for day 1 delivery these days? They have the sun and moon steelbooks for £36.50 which is the cheapest around and I have a £5 promo code, but I want them on the 23rd.

Very hit and miss personally, despite subscribing to Amazon Prime.

Anything out ordered through Prime they get to me the next day. Pre-orders though, they sometimes don't ship them out early enough, and you inevitably don't get them for release date.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Could anyone with a bit of Destiny knowledge help me out?

So GAME currently have a '2 for £10' on pre-owned games at the moment, and I've picked up Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition and Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition on PS4.

Great value I think, but I'm wondering if Destiny actually comes with all the extra stuff, as the warning on the site reads (understandably) that download vouchers might not be present. I'm wondering if the expansions are on the disc or come as a download code. If they don't, I'm worried that I've just spent a fiver on vanilla Destiny!

Liamc723

Could anyone with a bit of Destiny knowledge help me out?

So GAME currently have a '2 for £10' on pre-owned games at the moment, and I've picked up Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition and Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition on PS4.

Great value I think, but I'm wondering if Destiny actually comes with all the extra stuff, as the warning on the site reads (understandably) that download vouchers might not be present. I'm wondering if the expansions are on the disc or come as a download code. If they don't, I'm worried that I've just spent a fiver on vanilla Destiny!

You have vanilla Destiny, the expansions were on a code.

NateDog

Has there been concrete confirmation about the CoD4 remaster and how it works yet? I checked the FAQ on Activision's website and it suggests it is a digital code and nothing more (a separate question asks if it will be on disc and it reiterates that it is just a digital download code and that you need an internet connection to download), but people still seem to believe it will be tied to disc. Have Activision said this previously? TGC have the Legacy edition of IW for £68 and if I can sell IW I'm going for it but I can't afford to not be able to sell it if I'm doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom