• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

TheMoon

I did that and the pre-order went in. The code should work for the same currency accounts on Switch (euro in my case). But the 100% confirmation of that will be on 27th.

EU = EU as far as game codes on Nintendo platforms go (unless there are distinct language/country-specific SKUs as with some VC games, for example).

Necro900

Mmh, looks like my £12 Nier shipment from Amazon.co.uk got delayed right before shipping. Now it says arriving on the 27th of october.. weird!

Too bad I think I'll be playing something else on the 27th... :p

stupid question: can I later redeem the gift card on my own account?

Haven't done this yet, but I'm sure you can.

This is what happens when I put my email as the recipient.
xe9qoQm.jpg

But you have to at make sure your account is eligible for the offer.

Edit:
When looking at the terms and conditions I came across this:

The Promo Code may not be combined with any other promotional offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the Offer at any time. The Promo Code is void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud.

So I don't know If this works with the £2 off prime pre-order.

TheMoon

But you have to at make sure your account is eligible for the offer.

their site is confusing as hell. I clicked on their button and it said "you're now registered for this promotion" in green text ...so does that mean I'm eligible or do I have to wait for a sign from the heavens lol

illusionary

Mmh, looks like my £12 Nier shipment from Amazon.co.uk got delayed right before shipping. Now it says arriving on the 27th of october.. weird!

Too bad I think I'll be playing something else on the 27th... :p

Not uncommon - essentially they have no idea when it'll ship and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again. My order from 5 October is apparently both shipping and arriving today, which I'll believe when I see it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
their site is confusing as hell. I clicked on their button and it said "you're now registered for this promotion" in green text ...so does that mean I'm eligible or do I have to wait for a sign from the heavens lol

I had the same and I took it as a confirmation, but received nothing on top of the £30 I got. Oh well, at least I put those towards Skyrim for Switch.

Zafir

They really ought to be dispatching earlier than the day before release, though, given that they claim still to be aiming for release day delivery.

I'm just not sure they care that much about giving the best service. They want you to pay the extra £1 for first class.

Like the fact that they didn't even tell me why the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite pre-order didn't ship out for like a week until I went on live chat (they ignored my email through their contact form). Really poor form. At that point I told them to just refund it since I didn't care enough about getting the game.

Either way, it seems like now they've raised the prices on cyclonic deals again. At this point I don't even think the saving is worth dealing with them, personally.

I think they just introduced the deals to try and get more customers in, and now that they have they've raised prices, but I don't think they understand to keep customers, you need to offer a good service.

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I bought a preowned Nintendo Switch from Grainger Games back in the summer, which has since been demonstrating the joycon syncing issue. The 6 month warranty that came with it is due to expire next month, and I figured it would be worth returning the console and buying it elsewhere before then.

Anyway today I tried to return it today and they basically said they won’t do anything since they couldn’t replicate the issue in store, and even then they said they would only consider changing the controller. So I’m now wondering what my rights are, and if I have any options available. Since it seems pretty shitty.

Zafir

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I bought a preowned Nintendo Switch from Grainger Games back in the summer, which has since been demonstrating the joycon syncing issue. The 6 month warranty that came with it is due to expire next month, and I figured it would be worth returning the console and buying it elsewhere before then.

Anyway today I tried to return it today and they basically said they won’t do anything since they couldn’t replicate the issue in store, and even then they said they would only consider changing the controller. So I’m now wondering what my rights are, and if I have any options available. Since it seems pretty shitty.

I mean usually you can only get a refund for a fault within the first month of buying something. After that it's up to the place where you bought it from to either fix the issue, or replace the console. In this case it would be fixing your controllers, so I don't think they're in the wrong, personally.

I mean usually you can only get a refund for a fault within the first month of buying something. After that it's up to the place where you bought it from to either fix the issue, or replace the console. In this case it would be fixing your controllers, so I don't think they're in the wrong, personally.

They aren’t even offering to fix or replace the controller though.

Zafir

They aren't even offering to fix or replace the controller though.
Well in that case first you need to pressure them to give you that repair. Can you do a video recording of the issue and take it to them if you can't recreate it in the shop? Can you get to any of their other stores? Could even try contacting them through their website.

If you paid by credit card, you should still be able to chargeback the money, so you could use that as leverage to get them to fix it.

Edit: Also I forgot to add, you should look into the Sales of Goods Act or Consumer Rights Act , as that's what covers these kind of problems.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Zafir

Surely all Nintendo Switch's are still under the 12 month manufacturer warranty, since the systems not even been out for 12 months?

Maybe try the Nintendo Service Centre:-
https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/

It being pre-owned changes things.

Most manufacturers don't honour pre-owned stuff as the warranty is considered non-transferable.

They might still do something but it's not guaranteed. They could reject, or ask for a charge.

hank_tree

Most manufacturers don't honour pre-owned stuff as the warranty is considered non-transferable.

They might still do something but it's not guaranteed. They could reject, or ask for a charge.

This doesn’t apply because the console isn’t 12 months old. Literally no switch console that exists in the world is not covered.

In March next year your point will have some validity but not today.

Link83

Well they offer free a inspection service, and since the issue is due to a manufacturing error I think it might be worth a try?

Ok, so I bought the £30 amazon card and got nothing. I contacted, Amazon through online chat and got the £6 added to my account. So if you didn't receive the £6 credit CONTACT AMAZON IMMEDIATELY. Mario Odyssey for £34 is a great deal.

OCD Guy

Ok, so I bought the £30 amazon card and got nothing. I contacted, Amazon through online chat and got the £6 added to my account. So if you didn't receive the £6 credit CONTACT AMAZON IMMEDIATELY. Mario Odyssey for £34 is a great deal.

I noticed the digital code for Odyssey is only £41.99, but you get £2 saving if you pre-order, does that still apply when using the £30 and £6 promo code

Actually I assume it does, as you say you paid £34!

I'm wondering whether it'll be cheaper using a different eshop region e.g South Africa etc

Zafir

This doesn't apply because the console isn't 12 months old. Literally no switch console that exists in the world is not covered.

In March next year your point will have some validity but not today.

That's not how it works unless you have proof?

When I say non-transferable, it means warranty don't transfer owners. In other words the warranty is with the original person who bought it. It doesn't matter when the console came out...

I noticed the digital code for Odyssey is only £41.99, but you get £2 saving if you pre-order, does that still apply when using the £30 and £6 promo code

I'm wondering whether it'll be cheaper using a different eshop region e.g South Africa etc

Yes it does, notice how Im only paying £4 for it. I don't know if it's cheaper for other regions, but I'm ordering it for a physical copy.

oti

Banned

I would assume Nintendo would adapt the pricing accordingly. This is one of their biggest money maker on Switch after all.

OCD Guy

Yes it does, notice how Im only paying £4 for it. I don't know if it's cheaper for other regions, but I'm ordering it for a physical copy.

Thanks, it's the same price for Digital so I'm gonna go for it.

I would assume Nintendo would adapt the pricing accordingly. This is one of their biggest money maker on Switch after all.

Yeah I'm being silly really, £34 is as cheap as I'm going to get this game digital. To be fair I'm surprised it's the same price as Physical, because other Switch games on Amazon are £10 more for the digital copy.

Best spot for eShop credit? Unavailable on Amazon and the 'discount' on CD Keys is gash.

Currently discounts on eShop cards is very rare. Best to keep a look out on Hotukdeals. I find it works out cheaper switching eShop regions than looking for discounted eshop cards.

For example I saved over a tenner buying Breath of the Wild on the South African shop. No chance of making those savings buying eShop cards.

Zafir

Well they offer free a inspection service, and since the issue is due to a manufacturing error I think it might be worth a try?
I mean if GraingerGames keep refusing, it could be. At the very least if they don't fix it, they could ask them to send the report and then it could be used as proof that there's a problem.

Shiggy

It's ZAR 669 in South Africa, which comes out as GBP 38 / EUR 43.

oti

Banned
Thanks, it's the same price for Digital so I'm gonna go for it.

Yeah I'm being silly really, £34 is as cheap as I'm going to get this game digital. To be fair I'm surprised it's the same price as other Switch games on Amazon are £10 more for the digital copy.

You tell me. German Amazon has been pretty awful with Nintendo lately. They don't seem to care anymore and everything is either the same price or even more expensive than usual. I'm saving 15€ by purchasing the digital code from France. That's just ridiculous.

OCD Guy

It's ZAR 669 in South Africa, which comes out as GBP 38 / EUR 43.

Thanks, that confirms it 100%. WIll buy it now, just incase the price changes or something on Amazon.

You tell me. German Amazon has been pretty awful with Nintendo lately. They don't seem to care anymore and everything is either the same price or even more expensive than usual. I'm saving 15€ by purchasing the digital code from France. That's just ridiculous.

Out of curiosity are digital download codes region-free? Just asking incase you can't redeem it.

The UK switch code has a disclaimer stating it's only valid for UK customers.

If not I wonder whether it would just be a case of changing the region on MyNintendo and then redeeming the code.

It would be good to know just incase in the future digital download codes are cheaper on a different Amazon. In tehroy then I could buy a downlaod code on Amazon US and redeem it on my account

why don't you try nintendo support directly? you can send them the joy-con and have it fixed back in less than a week now.
(I did that)

hank_tree

That's not how it works unless you have proof?

When I say non-transferable, it means warranty don't transfer owners. In other words the warranty is with the original person who bought it. It doesn't matter when the console came out...

In my experience with returning PS4s/360s etc. you call them up and they based on the serial number on the machine they decide whether it's still covered by the warranty. I've never had to provide proof of purchase.

oti

Banned
Thanks, that confirms it 100%. WIll buy it now, just incase the price changes or something on Amazon.

Out of curiosity are digital download codes region-free? Just asking incase you can't redeem it.

The UK switch code has a disclaimer stating it's only valid for UK customers.

If not I wonder whether it would just be a case of changing the region on MyNintendo and then redeeming the code.

It would be good to know just incase in the future digital download codes are cheaper on a different Amazon. In tehroy then I could buy a downlaod code on Amazon US and redeem it on my account

The Switch itself is region free. The worst that could happen is you having to create a UK account to redeem the code on your Switch, as far as I know. After that you can just play the game with whichever account you want. The only thing you'd miss out on would be the reward points, but those rewards are hilariously terrible anyway.

Zafir

In my experience with returning PS4s/360s etc. you call them up and they based on the serial number on the machine they decide whether it's still covered by the warranty. I've never had to provide proof of purchase.

Well, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Not all manufacturers put non-transferable or that it only applies to the original purchaser in the warranty. Also even if they do put it in the warranty, it's possible the company may still fix it anyway depending on their process.

All I'm saying is don't be too sad if you can't get your second hand product fixed under the original manufacturers warranty. It's not always guaranteed. It's why shops will give their own warranty for a certain amount of time when you purchase it.

TheMoon

Chatted with them, told me about the 48h thing again. So just being patient now.

Chatted with them, told me about the 48h thing again. So just being patient now.

Try again after 1 day. I think it depends on the support person you got, becuase mine immediately added £6. Make sure to have a picture of the promotion saying you are eligible just in case Amazon pulls a "you were not eligible with this offer".

Try again after 1 day. I think it depends on the support person you got, becuase mine immediately added £6. Make sure to have a picture of the promotion saying you are eligible just in case Amazon pulls a "you were not eligible with this offer".

I for one didn't think to take a screenshot when the page said I was eligible. Now it says I'm not eligible, since I ordered a gift certificate within last 24 months (aka yesterday, for the promo).
The help chat told me to wait as well (from "24-48 hours" to "soon"), though fortunately my eligibility didn't seem to be in question.

chunk3rvd

If people aren’t eligible for this offer and want something similar, if you go to any store that offers Paypoint (thousands of newsagents, supermarkets, co-op etc) and ask for a £20 Amazon code through Paypoint you get £5 bonus credit once you apply it to your account. Google it for full details

Also, anyone with NUS extra can get a £10 off a £40 spend code for Amazon. I combined these 2 offers with the prime pre-order discount to pay £25 for Mario Odyssey

please can you explain?

Full details here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/possible-free-30-on-o2-pay-go-sim-10-top-up-required-2181487

Ignore the fact that it’s expired. Top comment shows that it still works and has up to date instructions. Whole process takes about 10-15 minutes of your time and get £20 of credit for £10. You can do a max of 3 sims per month. PM me if you’re trying it and have any questions. I’ve had hundreds of pounds in PSN credit over the last year using this and I’m paid up on PS+ till April 2021!

Top Bottom