• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Pennywise

This is also true in Germany. Will get Fire Emblem Warriors as wells as Mario this way.

Got Evil Within 2 and South Park.

Don't forget your receipt also got 3% off for your next purchase.
Oh and preorders can't be done until 2 days before the official release.

Waiting on Tales of Berseria to be back in stock, they had it for 23€.

ZombAid82

Off-Topc Question for the Nintendo afficinados.
I just bought Mario Odyssey in France.
Can I activate the Download-Code on a German account,
or do I have to make a French one as well?
Sorry if this has been answered before or if I'm at the complete wrong thread, but didn't know where it would be best to ask.

oti

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered before or if I'm at the complete wrong thread, but didn't know where it would be best to ask.
I guess we'll have to find out on launch day. Depends on whether the code is for a specific region or not.

I'm in the same situation. But I've got two extra accounts on my Switch without any money on them. So switching one of those to France just to redeem the code wouldn't be that bad.

Shiggy

You can just redeem it on ec.nintendo.com/redeem or your Switch without changing the region.

TheMoon

Euro codes = Euro codes. Yes.

I guess we'll have to find out on launch day. Depends on whether the code is for a specific region or not.

I'm in the same situation. But I've got two extra accounts on my Switch without any money on them. So switching one of those to France just to redeem the code wouldn't be that bad.

It's not. All EU codes work anywhere in EU.

wol93

Banned
Have you tried getting to the checkout with something in your basket? Surely it tells you there?

I'm not registered so I can't check how much do they charge for shipping. I also checked the FAQs and they don't mention anything regarding shipping cost

ZombAid82

For the future: this does not apply to older, say, 3DS games which had monolingual SKUs for their specific country (very rarely the case) like some Layton games or certain Virtual Console games. It's a non-issue these days, though.

That's why I was so unsure :)

AerialAir

Banned
Got Evil Within 2 and South Park.

Don't forget your receipt also got 3% off for your next purchase.
Oh and preorders can't be done until 2 days before the official release.

Waiting on Tales of Berseria to be back in stock, they had it for 23€.

DAMN! I'd be all over Berseria for that price! Anywhere else I can get it at the moment? Cheapest I've seen was 30€ when I was at a FNAC store in Spain.

Seyob

Fellow CAGers, is there a place that sells brand new cheap PS camera V1 (not V2) in the UK or EU? Best I've found is ~ £50 sadly.

Thx in advance!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
How much is shipping ?
Still stupid high, lol. I wanted to order that FF 30th Anniversary tote bag (9€) all year and didn't, because shipping was 30€.
Still is.
Edit: to Austria at least.

Famassu

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is £1.04 on Steam right now

As someone who's never played a Witcher game before, is this worth the time in today's climate? Or should I just skip to 2 or 3?

Obviously the price here isn't even a consideration, it's more about whether the first game is worth the time investment.

(The Witcher 3 GOTY is £14 on Steam as well right now)
1 is pretty trash tier from a gameplay POV and can be hard to get through. Super-janky & with very little depth or variety, some intolerably badly designed, overly long parts that were never fun and have aged even worse. Decent story so if you think the gameplay jank & shittiness won't stand in the way of you enjoying a good story, then go ahead, not like 1£ is a huge loss even if you drop it after the first hour.

Don't know if I should put this here but Amazon has a top up £25 or more and get an extra £5

This seems instant as I got £30 added immediately so this might be for those that didn't get their £30 gift card promotion.

You can also top up £20 at a Paypoint with Amazon credit and get £5 free. Amazon have been kind enough to give me £16 free credit with all their promotions this week. Takes a nice chunk off NNKII :)

You can also top up £20 at a Paypoint with Amazon credit and get £5 free. Amazon have been kind enough to give me £16 free credit with all their promotions this week. Takes a nice chunk off NNKII :)

oh man, about that, all the paypont places around my place doesn't know how to use their machine, or their service is not working... -___-
I tried 4, 2 weren't working, and the other 2 didn't know how to do the amazon voucher, or even scan the barcode on the app

oh man, about that, all the paypont places around my place doesn't know how to use their machine, or their service is not working... -___-
I tried 4, 2 weren't working, and the other 2 didn't know how to do the amazon voucher, or even scan the barcode on the app

Yeah par for the course with these things. I went to the first shop and even though it’s on the website as a store that accepts she just told me they don’t do it (basically didn’t have a clue) but the next shop took my phone and scanned it straight away and it got added to my account a minute later.

Pennywise

DAMN! I'd be all over Berseria for that price! Anywhere else I can get it at the moment? Cheapest I've seen was 30€ when I was at a FNAC store in Spain.

Sadly not.
Cheapest I've seen it was also 30€ at MediaMarkt, but I thought it would be relatively easy to get.
Was sold out once I knew the price was good...
Even the used versions go for 40€ + here.

ShopTo have a good deal on the Dishonored 2 Limited Edition at the moment. Under ten quid for Dishonored 2 and the definitive edition of the original. I've never played them so had to bite.

DJwest

ShopTo have a good deal on the Dishonored 2 Limited Edition at the moment. Under ten quid for Dishonored 2 and the definitive edition of the original. I've never played them so had to bite.

Bought that game at launch for like 35 quids and I have yet to even start. I need to stop buying stuff at launch lol

pbsapeer

Banned
So I’ve seen these deals game have had going on for a slim for about £90 when you trade in an OG PS4. My question is what do I do about my OG having a 1TB drive in there? I still have the OG drive which I can switch in, but would I have to reinstall the OS?

So I’ve seen these deals game have had going on for a slim for about £90 when you trade in an OG PS4. My question is what do I do about my OG having a 1TB drive in there? I still have the OG drive which I can switch in, but would I have to reinstall the OS?

Yes, os reinstall is easy.

Okay that's cool. So I can take my 1tb drive out, put the OG drive back in, install the OS and trade in. Then with the new console switch my 1tb drive in and I won't need to download updates or games right?

Yes you will, the ps4 formats the hard drive, it is tied to your old console, what you can do, is get a usb3.0 case, and move your current games to that drive as an external one.

edit: nevermind, you can't do that either, because that one is the internal already.

pbsapeer

Banned
Yes you will, the ps4 formats the hard drive, it is tied to your old console, what you can do, is get a usb3.0 case, and move your current games to that drive as an external one.

edit: nevermind, you can't do that either, because that one is the internal already.
Damn that's a shame haha. Okay well it's good to know anyway. I'm hoping that amazon has a good black Friday slim deal and then I cab Ethernet the consoles and sell my og to cex or something. Thanks for the help

What's the best PS4 slim deal going right now? UK/Eire based.

Shopto apparently has (can't get on the site for some reason) the 500gb model with FIFA 18 and Evil Within 2. Sainburys apparently have them with GTSport and FIFA 18. Both at £249.

Or there's the Pro at £349 with GTSport and Fallout, Dishonoured and Doom from those places too.

oti

Banned
So I wanted to cancel my digital Odyssey pre-order with Amazon France, but I can't? There's no annuller button anywhere. I sent them an email, let's see what they'll respond. Also I can't find how to get to their English support anymore.

Edit: Just got the confirmation my order was cancelled. Phew.

T-Rex.

Banned
I can get a Switch + Mario Odyssey for £300, is it worth biting at that price or do you guys think I should wait for any potential black friday deals?

I can get a Switch + Mario Odyssey for £300, is it worth biting at that price or do you guys think I should wait for any potential black friday deals?

Considering that the Mario Odyssey bundle is £320, that's not a bad deal. I doubt the switch would be on sale from black Friday though.

Phoenixus

Due to how well the Switch is selling, I think the best BF deals we'll see is maybe a free game with the Base unit. Not sure that would be Mario though, the game is a bit too recent for that, maybe Zelda instead. I'd say wait a bit longer if this deal won't expire too soon.

Actually, if that's the Mario Odyssey plus Switch bundle with the red Joycons, go for it.

T-Rex.

Banned
Considering that the Mario Odyssey bundle is £320, that's not a bad deal. I doubt the switch would be on sale from black Friday though.
Due to how well the Switch is selling, I think the best BF deals we'll see is maybe a free game with the Base unit. Not sure that would be Mario though, the game is a bit too recent for that, maybe Zelda instead. I'd say wait a bit longer if this deal won't expire too soon.

Actually, if that's the Mario Odyssey plus Switch bundle with the red Joycons, go for it.
Yeah it's the LE version. Guess I'll go ahead and get it then, thanks!

Top Bottom