• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicagoans I need your help: Whats the best Mail-Order Stuffed Deep Dish Pizza???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeIC

Amon37 said:
Jesus can't anyone read the OP.

He is not in Chicago so Art of Pizza is out of the question, but suggesting it in multiple posts in awesome.

He obviously want a deep dish so all post from people saying they don't like deep dish and deep dish sucks are awesome.

yaya this is neogaf dude

My vote would go to Lou Malnati's

Clearly Lou Malnati's is the way to go if he has to get it shipped.

I just want all Chicago GAFers to understand the awesomeness of the Art of Pizza

beelzebozo said:
have to agree with this. i think as a sort of "stuffed pie" type meal deep dish pizza is fine, but it really sort of negates all the things that make pizza special in the first place. i know it's only my personal preference, of course--deep dish pizza tastes just great, but given the option, i'll always take a well done classic crust as my first choice.

Same, but for my money right now, I want that stuffed deep dish to see what it's like.

Thanks to everyone for their replies, I think I'm going to wait until I can go to Chicago to actually experience this.

What do you mean Zachary's doesn't do stuffed deep dish? That's the only reason people go there! Their other pizza sucks.

Picture from their site:
menu_pizza_img.gif

Just go to Zacks.

permutated said:
Bay Area.

The only decent pizza we have here is Lanesplitters (NY pizza) and Zackary's (Chicago style), but they don't do Stuffed Deep Dish, which is what I'm looking for.

1471256408_781147d1bb.jpg

^^^ Something like this ^^^

Robert Ashley said:
What do you mean Zachary's doesn't do stuffed deep dish? That's the only reason people go there! Their other pizza sucks.

Picture from their site:
menu_pizza_img.gif

Just go to Zacks.

Are you from the bay area? Have you had their stuffed deep dish?

I've heard REALLY bad things about it from most people.

Their thin crust is fantastic, but I'm weary about getting the stuffed one because of the yelp and chowhound reviews.

permutated said:
Are you from the bay area? Have you had their stuffed deep dish?

I've heard REALLY bad things about it from most people.

Their thin crust is fantastic, but I'm weary about getting the stuffed one because of the yelp and chowhound reviews.

Yep, I live a couple of miles away from their Oakland location on College. I've eaten there a bunch, and it's never disappointed. People who whine and moan about it not being the real deal should just get over it. Zach's is one the Bay's most beloved pizza shops, and people (especially food freak bay people) don't line up and wait for an hour for a slice of shit pie.

Cornmeal crust, a giant slap of chewy mozzarella, and chunky tomato sauce on top. What more do you want from a stuffed pizza?

Robert Ashley said:
Yep, I live a couple of miles away from their Oakland location on College. I've eaten there a bunch, and it's never disappointed. People who whine and moan about it not being the real deal should just get over it. Zach's is one the Bay's most beloved pizza shops, and people (especially food freak bay people) don't line up and wait for an hour for a slice of shit pie.

Cornmeal crust, a giant slap of chewy mozzarella, and chunky tomato sauce on top. What more do you want from a stuffed pizza?

I wouldn't know, I've never had Stuffed pizza, that's the reason I created this thread!

Anyhow, you live in Oakland or Berkeley? You're crazy close!

PS - Is the Rockridge or Solano better for the Stuffed?

permutated said:
I wouldn't know, I've never had Stuffed pizza, that's the reason I created this thread!

Anyhow, you live in Oakland or Berkeley? You're crazy close!

PS - Is the Rockridge or Solano better for the Stuffed?

Ah, well Zach's is a worthy first.

I live on the border between Oakland and Berkeley.

I've only been to the Solano location once, and it was good, but I prefer the one on college for some reason. Maybe because it's close.

bluemax

Banned
I ate at Giordano's when I went to Chicago a few years back. It was pretty good, but I don't know if I'd bother to mail order it.

I've ordered Lou Malnati's and had it shipped to San Jose, which took about 4 days. Wasn't anything crazy special, but the sausage pizza was just an entire LAYER sheet of sausage, almost hamburger patty like.

I've yet to try Zachary's which i only hear good things about. I hate Chicago Style deep dish bullshit, but im willing to try Zachary's. Maybe this weekend or something. Bay Area GAF pizza eating get together!

Giant Robot & Robert Ashley:

Just had the Stuffed Deep Dish from Zachary's, boy was it FANTASTIC.

We got it well done (glad we did), with pepperoni. We ordered a medium (both really hungry) but we only could eat half, it was so damn big.

Really, really glad I tried it, it was fantastic.

SyNapSe

Giant Robot said:
I've ordered Lou Malnati's and had it shipped to San Jose, which took about 4 days. Wasn't anything crazy special, but the sausage pizza was just an entire LAYER sheet of sausage, almost hamburger patty like.

I can't imagine any pizza shipped 4 days would be worth a crap.. let alone a pizza with tons of bread slathered in sauce.

Of note, I'm not defending "Chicago-Style" pizza. Yes, they put some weird ass McD's breakfast sausage patties on their pizza. It's certainly strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom