• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light: Lemuria trailer

Einbroch

Banned
I know very little about the game, but half way through sort of seems like a spoiler to me.

She's an adult?

I know very little about the game, but half way through sort of seems like a spoiler to me.

She's an adult?

Well, actually it's a known fact since
the story is about a girl coming of age

If someone doesn't know anything about the game or its story, one might be better off not watching this though.

ckohler

I've been following this game a lot but I didn't know that happens. I thought they meant figuratively, not LITERALLY.

I'm not answering you because that question is the equivelant of: "what colour is the sky?".

Well, that depends on the weather, or time of day. So...

Anyway, I think PlayStation version is the best option because of the cross platform options and the fact it has a special edition.

If there was a SE for Wii U I would've bought that one though.

Meier

Wow! I had no clue this was coming out in just 2 weeks. I'm very excited about it due to the gorgeous art design, but I honestly don't quite understand how it's an RPG in any capacity just yet. I assume you can unlock new abilities and that's the extent of it? Combat seems like it's platformy.

Dr Dogg

Wow! I had no clue this was coming out in just 2 weeks. I'm very excited about it due to the gorgeous art design, but I honestly don't quite understand how it's an RPG in any capacity just yet. I assume you can unlock new abilities and that's the extent of it? Combat seems like it's platformy.

There was a couple of developer walkthroughs that explained the crafting and combat systems in the game (I think they were done through IGN). I'm out and about at the moment so sadly can't find them to link but they should be on YouTube.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This looks dope, and I'll definitely be buying it on steam when it gets any kind of discount. I just really hope we see more stuff with the ubiart engine going forward, it's so goodlooking.

Lynq

Banned
I'm more hyped about smaller games than bigger titles this year.

This, Transistor, Hyper Light Drifter, Pillars of Eternity > all.

Kajiba

I stop 15 seconds in.

Definitely getting the game when it comes out day one. No need for me look at more videos of the game. Game is really beautiful and want keep most of what I see fresh when I play the game. Don't want to remember stuff from videos that I watched.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even need to watch this. The game comes out in two weeks! I'm already sold. Looks so good.

jacobeid

Banned
I can't wait for this game. I hope it has a PS+ discount week 1 on PS4, but if not I'll certainly grab it for $15. I don't want to deal with Uplay on PC and I don't like the way Nintendo handles digital purchases (plus I'm further entrenched in the PS ecosystem).

FirLocke

So pre-ordered! I checked out Coeur de Pirate(from the music video) on Spotify and she has some real talent! Gentle, yet energetic music. Kind of addicted at the moment.

The trailer's reveal about the main character made me even more interested in the game. Can't wait. Hopefully it does well since they seem to be pouring a ton of effort into it

The piano made me tear up like a bitch. I've been waiting for this game for so long. Just have to survive an exam and final project to get to it.

Two more weeks people!

I wonder if there'll be a discount during launch week for PS+ subscribers... I'm debating whether the discount I'd receive there (if it happens) plus the cost of the Golem DLC would be cheaper than just pre-ordering it right now and getting the DLC as a bonus.
It'll probably be so small as to be negligible.

m@cross

UBI has been awfully quiet about it...i hope we get more info on it like The Crew.

Valiant Heart and Child of Light both got playable stations and big screen treatment at PAX this past weekend. I played both and will be buying them both now. I really like Child of light, has great art style, offers a nice co-op mode so you can play with a friend or maybe wife/kid, has an interesting leveling system, and finally a nice story. Easily worth $15, especially as it includes bonus content on the psn store right now.

Valiant hearts still has that enjoyable dread of thinking at any time you will grow to really like a character and they seem like they will die at some point... somewhat a side scrolling puzzle game. Didn't seem to difficult, but great art style as well and story draws you in.

L1NETT

Looks fantastic, cannot wait to dive into this one. That watercolour artwork is something else :) Fantastic music as well

Few games make me excited about their pre order gubbins; but this does

child-of-light-deluxe-edition1.jpg

For as much as people rag on Ubi for Watch Dogsgrade blah blah...we need only point them as this game

sjay1994

Looks fantastic, cannot wait to dive into this one. That watercolour artwork is something else :) Fantastic music as well

Few games make me excited about their pre order gubbins; but this does

For as much as people rag on Ubi for Watch Dogsgrade blah blah...we need only point them as this game

Absolutely not. Those low res bricks in watch dogs are an insult to me as a consumer. Ubisoft has essentially ruined my life because their game doesn't look as good anymore. I mean, how dare they. All watch dogs had was graphics, not an interesting premise or gameplay opportunities.

I mean, the only reason I was interested in watch dogs was because it looked pretty, but now that it doesn't I feel insulted.

This is what every god damn watch dogs thread has been like post re announce. Fuck, people are nitpicking the living shit out of that game, its embarrassing.

Top Bottom