• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light: Lemuria trailer

This game has no hype. :(

It's kind of sad, the game looks beautiful and... Grandia-inspired battle system!

Really? I mean I haven't seen any kind of huge marketing push (posters, etc...) but I also wouldn't expect that from a game that is retailing for $15 and is a digital download.

Having said that, I have yet to hear one negative thing about the game on various game-related news sites and I'm sure that come launch week it'll be plastered all over the system's respective online stores. I bet you this sells really well given its genre and distribution pipeline. I'm really interested in what the overall production cost of CoL is and how much Ubi is projecting to make off it.

Amazing! Look at that gameplay! You can walk in a straight line!!! I've never played a game filled with so many great gameplay ideas like walking in a straight line!

Seriously, WTF is this game about? The graphics look great, but where's the gameplay?

Amazing! Look at that gameplay! You can walk in a straight line!!! I've never played a game filled with so many great gameplay ideas like walking in a straight line!

Seriously, WTF is this game about? The graphics look great, but where's the gameplay?

Would it kill you to look things up before making ridiculous posts?

Joke post? Seriously all it would've taken was to look slightly to the right of the the video to see other recommended vids that fleshed those bits out.

It's primarily a turn-based RPG w/ a battle system similar to Grandia.

here's a vid from last September that talks about the battle system, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw7shkOpjZg

antitrop

Really? I mean I haven't seen any kind of huge marketing push (posters, etc...) but I also wouldn't expect that from a game that is retailing for $15 and is a digital download.

I dunno, I feel like people care more about random Kickstarter projects than something like this.

Maybe once it actually comes out word of mouth will pick up. But I just feel like for a game that looks as good as this one, and is so close to release, more people should be talking about it.

I dunno, I feel like people care more about random Kickstarter projects than something like this.

Well, I think part of that lies in that a lot of these Kickstarters have a very targeted audience in mind-- especially those looking to reboot old IPs or create spiritual successors-- and know how rabid those fanbases can be in terms of promoting things on forums like GAF. There's also the inherent need to continually promote those projects as they have a limited window to accumuluate X amount of backers, etc.. So it doesn't surprise me that we hear a ton about them.

Beyond that, I really think it has to do with the lack of physical promotion (posters, billboards, in-store displays, etc..) that we associate with big releases, particularly from large publishers like Ubisoft. Come the last week of April though, unless this game gets absolutely hammered in reviews, I think a ton of people are going to pick this up especially due to the lack of RPGs on the new consoles. I'm confident it'll get the love it deserves :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Definitely going to jump into this. Ubi's $15 downloadable titles have been high quality so far so I want to support more of those and I have an RPG itch.

-MD-

This game is absolutely gorgeous.

Try typing the name of the game into youtube.

antitrop

Definitely going to jump into this. Ubi's $15 downloadable titles have been high quality so far so I want to support more of those and I have an RPG itch.

Yup, Ubi been bringing those $15 goods.

Between Gunslinger, Blood Dragon, and this, fuck their AAA releases.

K' Dash

You're up for a great start here Junior, stop the bullshit, use google and think before writing a stupid post, you just embarrased yourself.

On topic:

That preorder stuff, how do I get it? I thought this was digital only?

-MD-

You're up for a great start here Junior, stop the bullshit, use google and think before writing a stupid post, you just embarrased yourself.

Yeah you can stop too, calling people out for being juniors is cringeworthy as fuck.

Pimpwerx

Two more weeks people!

I wonder if there'll be a discount during launch week for PS+ subscribers... I'm debating whether the discount I'd receive there (if it happens) plus the cost of the Golem DLC would be cheaper than just pre-ordering it right now and getting the DLC as a bonus.
It'll probably be so small as to be negligible.
Where does it state there's a preorder bonus? I've have the game in my cart all week but haven't pulled the trigger because there's no incentive. There's bonus DLC? PEACE.

jblank83

It's almost as bad as his writing in Far Cry 3.

I'm willing to give him a second chance, though.

Yah, I'll probably get this. The combat looks like good classic rpg stuff. World interaction looks at least semi-interesting. Art style looks bonkers. All in all, seems like a decent gamble for $15.

iNvid02

Well, actually it's a known fact since
the story is about a girl coming of age

If someone doesn't know anything about the game or its story, one might be better off not watching this though.

im doing the ot for this and couldnt find anything about that, only realized after watching this new trailer. interesting

What's the point of a trailer if it shows nothing substantial? Yes, I can google, but isn't a trailer suppose to show me what everything is about rather than go somewhere else?

mantidor

I don't get the spoiler.

Also, is this just a platformer? edit: ok it isn't, but it wouldn't have been hard to put that in the actual trailer, you know, the thing that you are using to show the world what your game is about.

Jobbs

Banned
stunning. I can't wait to dive in. I was observing today how I'm a hundred times more interested in Ubisoft's COL compared to Ubisoft's Watchdogs, when COL probably has 1/100th the budget of the latter.

I don't get the spoiler.

Also, is this just a platformer?

No, it's an RPG with turn based combat. Check out some other videos, it looks great.

Anteater

What's the point of a trailer if it shows nothing substantial? Yes, I can google, but isn't a trailer suppose to show me what everything is about rather than go somewhere else?

It's just a trailer to show off the environments and one of the areas I think, often publishers release multiple trailers of different things, sometimes it could be just a short combat video and sometimes they are story trailer and worse a CGI trailer :p

It's just a trailer to show off the environments and one of the areas I think, often publishers release multiple trailers of different things, sometimes it could be just a short combat video and sometimes they are story trailer and worse a CGI trailer :p

The thread didn't tell me anything, just said trailer, so of course I clicked wondering what it was about. If it said environment trailer, I would be more understanding. Cause I sat there for 2 minutes completely confused. I mean, it looks very nice, but it takes more than graphics to sell me a game.

Where does it state there's a preorder bonus? I've have the game in my cart all week but haven't pulled the trigger because there's no incentive. There's bonus DLC? PEACE.

Weird. Last Tuesday when it was first up for pre-order on the US PS Store, a text box popped saying that I would be able to claim the "Golem's Plight Pack DLC" when the game was released; the DLC is essentially an additional companion character. When I click on pre-order now though, nothing. That's odd :\

Quick Google search shows that this was definitely a thing and that people clicked the pre-order button because of it. I hope this is just an oversight on Sony's part. I wouldn't want to be the CS person explaining why an advertised pre-order bonus was "a mistake" :\

Pimpwerx

Weird. Last Tuesday when it was first up for pre-order on the US PS Store, a text box popped saying that I would be able to claim the "Golem's Plight Pack DLC" when the game was released; the DLC is essentially an additional companion character. When I click on pre-order now though, nothing. That's odd :

Quick Google search shows that this was definitely a thing and that people clicked the pre-order button because of it. I hope this is just an oversight on Sony's part. I wouldn't want to be the CS person explaining why an advertised pre-order bonus was "a mistake" :
Just looked. It shows bonus golem pack on the cover art in the coming soon section, but no mention in overview or on the game page. Oh well, I'll just wait for the PlayStation blog to update with next week's releases. It'll say by then. PEACE.

Just preordered on PS4 via PSN. First time preordering a digital title, like, ever. Kinda nice it straight up says I'll have access at 12:01 AM on the 29th. Hope that's true.

inm8num2

Wonderful art, music, and atmosphere.

I hope this and Valiant Hearts will be successful enough to keep Ubi interested in "mid-tier" budget games, and maybe encourage other publishers to support similar projects.

Top Bottom