• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Benoit family conference on CNN : official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gotta wait until the toxicology reports come in before we will know definitively one way or the other.

bjork

Warrior on Hannity... is it real? We will find out in 6 minutes, then all truths will be uncovered. Experience destrucity.

Grecco

Jericho tried to clear things up. He explained how ECW wasnt a demotion. How Benoit handled himself, and how Benoits son had the symptoms of Fragile X

Btw. He looked smaller and soo weird with the new hair cut.

So they have "a friend of his" and Debra on Hannity

I WANT WARRIOR!

They also have RUDY

195px-Rudy_Giuliani.jpg

bjork

god damn it

"Hello warriors. Yes, I have agreed to make a rare public appearance on Hannity & Colmes. Yesterday, I tentatively agreed to this evening, Friday. This morning we were contacted by the show and told there was a shift in programming due to the London Bombing attempt. So, I decided that Monday would be better.

Of course, I’ve been paying attention to how the Benoit incident has unfolded. I’ve drafted up a post — your typical Warrior masterpiece — and will put up the polished piece after my appearance over at Fox. I’ve some original ideas about this incident — what’s new? — and want to showcase them on TV, first.

I’m not sure yet, still have to do some howling atop my mountain for further enlightenment, but probably just go on Fox with my typical eloquent knack to say what others are thinking but don’t have the courage to let slip past their lips. You know, the usual brilliant, “self-destructive” stuff.

Your Founding Father of Ring Intensity,

Always Believe,

Warrior"

Captain N

I thought I heard something about them looking into the fact that someone posted a thread or blog that him and his family were found dead, but this all came before the police even found him..any truth to that "rumor"?

laserbeam

Banned
Captain N said:
I thought I heard something about them looking into the fact that someone posted a thread or blog that him and his family were found dead, but this all came before the police even found him..any truth to that "rumor"?

Its true. The person who did it was tracked to Stanford Connecticut which is also home to the WWE HQ.

He says it was all a joke and he had no idea. He just randomly went to benoits wiki and said the wife was dead when he didnt show for the event.

Comes across really fishy to me but who knows. it was posted i think they said 14 hours before police found the family.

Wow, Jericho is ftw.

Nancy Grace is such a hoe and loves to give everyone on the 'opposite side' shit but he pwned and gave her nothing.
thumbsup.gif

Debra. >_< all I can think of is Mongo when I see her. :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2007867.ece

That is one crazy coincidence, especially if you look at the time it was posted on Wikipedia. It's almost right before Chris sent the various text messages.

It is a “whodunnit” for the internet age. Detectives investigating the suicide of the professional wrestler Chris Benoit, and the murder of his wife and son, are perplexed by a change made to the online encylopaedia Wikipedia 14 hours before the bodies were discovered.

[...]

The phrase “stemming from the death of his wife, Nancy” was added to the Wikipedia article at 12.01am on June 25. A moderator for the free encylopaedia, often criticised for the inaccurate updates made by members of the public, spotted the change and challenged it.

“Need a reliable source,” the moderator said. “Saying that his wife died is a pretty big statement.”

It was not until 14 hours later, at 2.30pm, that police in LaFayette County, Georgia, discovered the bodies.

The wrestler had hanged himself using the cable from one of his weightlifting machines.

At some point after the Wikipedia entry, Benoit sent several text messages to his colleagues, reminding them of his address and the fact that “the dogs are in the enclosed pool area, garage-side door is open”.

Fifty

Striker said:
I read that before. Really strange about the Wikipedia though, although I thought somebody said it was all a bad joke? :\

About the dogs -- weren't they found outside roaming the yard?

That Times article all sounded like news I'd heard before from other sources. I think they just picked it up late.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I really still don't want to believe this. It hasn't sunk in. Why couldn't his wife have killed the kid and then Benoit killed her.

Why the **** does it even matter to me so much. I don't know, it just seems like there are so few good people, argh. Wont change the fact that the poor kid and likely poor wife are dead. :(

WTF at that skull thing, though.

QVT said:
I really still don't want to believe this. It hasn't sunk in. Why couldn't his wife have killed the kid and then Benoit killed her.

Why the **** does it even matter to me so much. I don't know, it just seems like there are so few good people, argh. Wont change the fact that the poor kid and likely poor wife are dead. :(

WTF at that skull thing, though.

wow

QVT

Mr. Bunnies said:

I say that of course as someone who actually met in person Benoit(many many times over a long period) so I can see how somebody who doesn't even watch wrestling because they're too busy posting remarks they think are witty on message boards wouldn't understand.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Mr. Bunnies said:

"Wow" what?

I realize that posts like that seem morbid, but I reckon that Benoits many, many fans have had their memories of him forever tarnished since he killed his wife and kid. If the wife was the murderer, fans would at least be able to still appreciate his wrestling legacy more.

QVT

Lost Fragment said:
"Wow" what?

I realize that posts like that seem morbid, but I reckon that Benoits many, many fans have had their memories of him forever tarnished since he killed his wife and kid. If the wife was the murderer, fans would at least be able to still appreciate his wrestling legacy more.

Its more shaking hands with and congratulating and talking to and looking up to a child murderer. Its easier to make the world conform to my view than it is to conform to it.

QVT said:
I say that of course as someone who actually met in person Benoit(many many times over a long period) so I can see how somebody who doesn't even watch wrestling because they're too busy posting remarks they think are witty on message boards wouldn't understand.

I'm sorry I don't understand your made up what if story, with the idea that somehow this would all be better if the wife had killed the child.

Fifty

If I was a fan of his, I wouldn't feel guilty wishing it was the mother rather than him that committed the murder. Countless people die every day, and either way it's just as terrible a crime. There's no harm in wishing that someone you might have looked up to didn't turn out to be a monster.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Fifty said:
If I was a fan of his, I wouldn't feel guilty wishing it was the mother rather than him that committed the murder. Countless people die every day, and either way it's just as terrible a crime. There's no harm in wishing that someone you might have looked up to didn't turn out to be a monster.

I agree, if say Brett Favre did something like this I would have a pretty ****ing hard time giving up all the fond memories I have of him on the football field. I can see why people wish it was different.

QVT

Favre4435 said:
I agree, if say Brett Favre did something like this I would have a pretty ****ing hard time giving up all the fond memories I have of him on the football field. I can see why people wish it was different.

I agree, Farve is one of the good guys we hope. Who knows anymore =\

Like I said though, I was just trying to make up a storyline to make this easier to take. Its not like Austin killed his wife and then himself, nobody would have batted an eye. Its the fact that it is Benoit.

I still remember one of the times we got backstage and got to meet Benoit, and we totally ignored Triple H and left afterwards. That kind of shit just doesn't turn into child murderer so easily for me.

QVT

Boogie said:
Anybody following what Meltzer is saying?

I don't subscribe, but here's a thread discussing it secondhand:

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=1083643&FID=1&pc=38

Note the bit where he says that someone high up knew before the Tribute show aired that Chris did it.

They ****ing confirm that he used the crossface on his 7 year old child.
Lockbox had a paper that said if something happened to her, it was Chris.
Paranoid that ECW was a demotion.

Too much to take. What the hell.

bjork

I'm mainly curious to know what the contents of Nancy's hidden lockbox are, if there is one.
[edit - I can read, honest. Is that confirmed as what was really in the box?]

Also, they should say who "someone in WWE" is, if this person really knew ahead of time.

QVT

So now they are saying that Daniel didn't have Fragile X. Its apparently not in any of his medical records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom