• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Benoit family conference on CNN : official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Boogie said:
Anybody following what Meltzer is saying?
Meltzer ended up leaving The Rocky Mountain News due to him making up Broncos stories. Hard to beleive he's a credible source.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Holy shit, Marc Mero & Steve Blackman are going at it on Nacey Grace right now!
Marc Mero looks like he had major plastic surgery (Not that it has anything to do with anything)
They were going back & forth for awhile, almost seemed like it could go violent.
They said Benoit's mother is blaiming the DEA agents for not arriving sooner or something & that the WWE was lying about Chris's song having mental retardation.

If someone sees the interview on youtube, post it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Freshmaker said:
Meltzer ended up leaving The Rocky Mountain News due to him making up Broncos stories. Hard to beleive he's a credible source.

Well, to be fair, nobody reads Meltzer for gridiron information.

Neo_ZX

I like how they picked the most insane person to do an interview with about roid rage. Yet surprisingly Warrior got around the loaded questioning to make his point while sounding intelligent to boot. But I did notice he was thinking about how to answer the questions about what he knows about the 'abuse' in the sport. To his credit he was quite frank about it all.

Bezz

Banned
I dont know why people enjoy fake fights with scripted endings...What is the point?

I thought this guy was an actor or something, I was close. He is a piece of shit for what he did.

I cant believe people find inspiration in actors now.

Bezz said:
I dont know why people enjoy fake fights with scripted endings...What is the point?

I thought this guy was an actor or something, I was close. He is a piece of shit for what he did.

I give that trolling 6 out of 10. You can do better.

ToxicAdam

Bezz said:

Next time add in that wrestling fans are closeted homosexuals (OMGLOLLOLOL!) and are inbred hicks.

If you're going to hit up the cliche's ... do them all.

mollipen

Bezz said:

Why did people go see Transformers? All those scenes with the robots were fake, because those cars can't actually transformer. What's the point?

I dont know why people enjoy Bezz and his stupid forum posts...What is the point?

I thought this guy was an good poster or something, I was close. He is a piece of shit the stupid post he wrote.

I cant believe people find inspiration in neoGAF members now.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Bezz said:

This post doesn't even make much sense. You establish he isn't and actor yet you say, I can't believe people find inspiration in actors now." I'm not following.

mattiewheels said:
STEROIDS STEROIDS STEROIDS

so that's all the media cares about with this, right? not that he might have been capable of this pre-steroids?

That's our media. You get an angle and then work it and work it and work it and work it, etc....

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Stoney Mason said:
That's our media. You get an angle and then work it and work it and work it and work it, etc....
after watching a bunch of hannity clips as of late, i have to agree. he doesn't really have much rattling around in his head other than the prime objective talking point, does he?

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
FTWer said:
Holy shit, Marc Mero & Steve Blackman are going at it on Nacey Grace right now!
Marc Mero looks like he had major plastic surgery (Not that it has anything to do with anything)
They were going back & forth for awhile, almost seemed like it could go violent.
They said Benoit's mother is blaiming the DEA agents for not arriving sooner or something & that the WWE was lying about Chris's song having mental retardation.

If someone sees the interview on youtube, post it.

Wtf are u talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srCv8gKaKCM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o06IOsJhs0U&mode=related&search=

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Striker said:

Have you ever taken steriods? No. So you sit there and doubt my credibility while I have. I know thats not what you wanna hear *CUT HIM OFF BEFORE TRUTH APPEARS ON OUR NETWORK*

Unbelievable. Never knew that Nash was that smart. Cool guy, knowing even free test ratios.

Striker

QVT said:
Have you ever taken steriods? No. So you sit there and doubt my credibility while I have. I know thats not what you wanna hear *CUT HIM OFF BEFORE TRUTH APPEARS ON OUR NETWORK*

Unbelievable. Never knew that Nash was that smart. Cool guy, knowing even free test ratios.
Agreed. I loved that part. Fox News blows.

QVT

Striker said:
Agreed. I loved that part. Fox News blows.

I mean especially for him to openly admit it and try to offer an explanation. Its not sexy.

That was his wrestling catchphrase wasn't it? I forget.

For those who would like to understand, the 4:1 mentioned is the chemical balance of unbound testosterone in your system, its virtually the only way to check for people who have only injected testosterone and not taken any other anabolic steroids to supplement it. Test-1 alone is not as powerful as the others could be, but it is considered the base of any "cycle"

And no thats not from the wikipedia. I can speak knowledgeably about a few things, and bodybuilding is one of them.

that dumb bitch on Hannity and Colmes pretty much sums up the absurdity of Fox News (and the cable news networks in general)

"I think we can discount that Beniot was using steroids for any sort of therapeutical purposes"

"No you can't. You don't know that."

"You're right, I don't know that, but i think we can pretty much put that aside."

WTF!?!

tralfazz

Watching that I would've sworn he was about to make a negative point against Bush. If anything Nash has always come off as one of the smartest guys in the business. Lazy, arrogant and manipulative? Yes, but he always seems to have a handle on everything. Read some of his interviews from a couple of years back.
Fox is trash and unless you have some gas or a match to light it they don't want you. I keep waiting for a Fox news person such as that bitch to cut in naying, "but it's got what plants crave!"

QVT

omg rite said:
Uh.. Right. Because Fox News is the only one who does that.

So what, he can't hate them just because they're not the only one?

Me: I hate this murderer.
You: Oh, right, because he is the only one who murders?

Doesn't make sense. I agree they're not the only one, but still.

unomas

Banned
Nash handled himself really well, and this whole topic shows how bias and rediculous the media can be. The media will force whatever viewpoint they want you to believe down your throat until you believe it or can no longer stomach it. This whole thing IMO was a combination of all the shit Benoit was taking as well as his obvious personal problems. If steroids were the primary cause you should look at any professional athlete as a possible murderer.

Striker

omg rite said:
Uh.. Right. Because Fox News is the only one who does that.
Fox News aren't the only ones. But the way their correspondents tried to spin what Nash was saying was absolutely ridiculous.

The woman says since Nash has never seen roid-rage, she questions his credibility. :lol

"I know that's not what you wanna hear."

So they are cutting him off. :|

I3rand0

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/articles/1183839575.php

Bret Hart And John Cena To Appear On Larry King Live

CNN has announced that WWE champion John Cena has been added to this Monday's Larry King Live on CNN, discussing the Benoit tragedy.

CNN TV Description
Why did wrestling star Chris Benoit kill his family then himself? As mysteries multiply around his indicted doctor and his murdered son's health, his closest wrestler friends try to make sense of it all. Monday, 9 p.m. ET.

GUESTS:
• Chris Jericho & Bret Hart: Close Friends of Chris Benoit
• John Cena: First interview since the Benoit tragedy -- he is the first Current WWE Superstar to speak outside the WWE tribute.
No Cena on Raw? I hope so. Lashley needs more mic time.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
wuh-oh. Steroids found in Benoit.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/17/wrestler.murder.ap/index.html

nvestigators said Tuesday they found steroids and other drugs in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his wife and young son last month before hanging himself in the family's home.

Investigators found steroids in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit who killed his family in June. His son tested positive for Xanax.

Besides steroids, Benoit's body contained the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

The GBI said Benoit tested negative for blood alcohol.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone.

The 7-year-old son, Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system.

"It is our belief that Daniel Benoit was sedated by Xanax at the time of his murder," said Georgia Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Kris Sperry.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the son because of a lack of urine.

The test results were expected to shed more light on Benoit's last moments. Authorities said Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son in their suburban Atlanta home, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine.
Don't Miss

Anabolic steroids were found in the home, leading officials to wonder if the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Nancy Benoit -- There were 3 different drugs found in Nancy's system. One was hydrocodone (aka loretab or lorset), hydromorphone (dilaudid) (a breakdown product of hydrocodone), and xanax. All three drugs were at therapeutic, not toxic levels. They also found a blood alcohol level of .184, which could clearly be due to body decomposition. It was not possible to say how much was in blood at time of death.

Daniel Benoit -- Chris Benoit's son tested positive for xanax, which is relatively elevated and is not normally given to child. Based upon their findings, the boy was sedated at the time of or just before he was murdered.

Chris Benoit -- Wrestler Chris Benoit tested positive for xanax and hydrocodone, as did his wife, and the levels were in the therapeutic range for normal usage. Tests of his urine found the only steroid he had been taking was testerone, discovered at a level of 207 micrograms per liter, which is slightly elevated. There was no other articifial steroids present in system
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21292617.shtml

krypt0nian said:
Torches and pitchforks at the ready I'm sure. Unless they can turn the focus to testosterone instead of the boogyman steroids.
It's a case of semantics. When we (and the general public) think "steroids", we think designer anabolic steroids - the stuff that makes muscles huge. Of course, testosterone is a steroid in strict medical terms, but isn't the experienced body-builder's choice anabolic steroid at all. Not to mention Benoit had unworking testicles and probably would've needed testosterone replacement. These semantics will allow CNN/Fox to confuse the two however. Which is a sad state of affairs.

QVT

Giganticus said:
It's a case of semantics. When we (and the general public) think "steroids", we think designer anabolic steroids - the stuff that makes muscles huge. Of course, testosterone is a steroid in strict medical terms, but isn't the experienced body-builder's choice anabolic steroid at all. Not to mention Benoit had unworking testicles and probably would've needed testosterone replacement.

Now, don't forget to take into account that builders of his age and lowered test levels sometimes begin or end a cycle with only 1-test. It isn't deca or ana or anything, but it helps the body prepare or decline from a cycle.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The only real peice of infomation revealed with this is that Daniel was sedated before hje was murdered by the horrid monster that was Chris Benoit.

Kenobi

aol.com said:
Doctors Suggest Brain Damage for Benoit
By HARRY R. WEBER,
AP
Posted: 2007-09-05 14:36:12
Filed Under: More Sports
ATLANTA (Sept. 5) - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit suffered brain damage from his years in the ring that could help explain why he killed his wife, son and himself, a doctor who studied Benoit's brain said Wednesday.

More here: http://sports.aol.com/story/ar/_a/doctors-suggest-brain-damage-for-benoit/20070905134309990001

Im aware that this might have been posted on the wrestling thread, but seeing as this is the official Benoit thread, I think it should be here as well.

Also, on a minor note AOL changed the title from "Doctors Suggest Brain Damage for Benoit" to "Benoit's Brain Damaged by Concussions"

Striker

Suburban Cowboy said:
what kind of bullshit excuse is that? The man was scum, plain and simple.
If the man had severe head trauma, you don't think for one second it might have something to do with killing his wife and kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom