• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Christie:"Trump made me order meatloaf"

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-Wedding-Crashers-quotes.gif

VAD

Why does he tells the world he is Trump's bitch? Has he no self-esteem? What the hell? Does he want the anti-bullying lobby to come to his aid? What's going on?

Fury451

Banned
This is a story about a man who is on the fence about whether not he really wants to commit to what would be a potentially bad relationship that in the short term seems like it might have some benefits, then eventually he does commit and realize he's made a terrible mistake and will be stuck suffering with it for the rest of his life until he dies.

It's also the premise of the song Paradise ny the Dashboard Lights by Meat Loaf.

vypek

Wish Chris would just spill the beans on Trump and what it's like to be around him, might win back some respect people had for him. His political career is over.

I doubt he'll get much if any respect back. News this morning was saying his approval rating is something like 20% and the case against him is now moving forward. It seems like things are just downhill for him from here on out but who knows.

Dude Abides

Banned
Why does he tells the world he is Trump's bitch? Has he no self-esteem? What the hell? Does he want the anti-bullying lobby to come to his aid? What's going on?

This is what I don't get. Does he have Stockholm Syndrome and thinks this makes Trump look alpha?

As silly as the headline is, the actual story is here:

Trump and Christie discussed the nation’s opioid epidemic during the lunch.

Christie on Wednesday signed a series of bills he requested to address the crisis, including a five-day limit on initial prescriptions for opioids and mandating state-regulated insurance plans cover treatment.

He said he didn’t talk with Trump about any jobs.

Which is actually a problem that needs resolving. A federal statute demanding that not-Obamacare recipients are eligible for opioid addiction treatment would help a lot of states, especially Ohio. Looks like for now it's only being pushed in NJ.

I just smoked 2 blunts, I can't stop laughing at this. This is America. The only thing you can do is laugh at how absurd Trump is as president.

vypek

When you sell your soul and get nothing from it

lol perfect

As silly as the headline is, the actual story is here:

Which is actually a problem that needs resolving. A federal statute demanding that not-Obamacare recipients are eligible for opioid addiction treatment would help a lot of states, especially Ohio. Looks like for now it's only being pushed in NJ.

I believe there actually has been a series of commercials with Chrsitie in them talking about this issue and telling people to seek help. Probably airing in the tri-state area.

Matty77

Why does meatloaf get such a bad rep? My mom would make some really delicious meatloaf when I was a kid. Am I a pleb?
I don't get it either, like a good meatloaf myself and I cook one every month or two. Don't even think there is anything wrong with the Cheeto having it as president despite options, probably the least offensive thing he has done.

Making Christie eat it was definitely a "your my bitch" play though, funniest part is Chris taking it and telling people that it happened, and to think not too long ago people were declaring him the future king of the Republican Party.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I know its been said, but the Onion really is redundant at this point.
The Onion just rolls with it and somehow becomes even more glorious as a result.

Donald Trump Just Whispered ‘Hope You Like To Make Ham, Motherfucker’ To A White House Chef
Mar-A-Lago Member Complains About Loud, Obnoxious Cabinet Meeting At Next Table

I really wish I could write like the Onion guys. If I worked there I would have just thrown up my hands and quit a long time ago because fuck this timeline.

MG310

We need to go back to the video of the first Trump/Christie handshake to see the exact moment of submission.

Garlador

Trump treating Christie like he treats the press

Whether you bow down to Trump or not, he views everyone as beneath him. He's the most important person in the world, and you should be honored that he has ordered dinner for you and graced you with his valuable time and magnificent presence.

He treats everyone with this sort of condescending disdain. He's just antagonistic towards the press because they don't all fall in line like the "yes men" he surrounds himself with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom