• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden) has died

GhaleonEB

Wasn't a fan of Soundgarden, but I respected them and understand how influential they were. A lot of my friends loved them, and Cornell's work, dearly.

52 is a downright cruel age to die, far too young. Dreadful news, my heart goes out to his family. RIP

He blew my mind when I first heard him back when Badmotorfinger came out. It was like, holy fucking shit who are these guys. Cornell is one of the greatest musicians of our time, and most certainly one of the most influential. He's not that much older than me...

Must be really surreal for people who recorded his last show and his last performance.

I'm SO thankful I got to see him twice in Atlanta within the past 5 years (both times Soundgarden).

The first show was easily the best i've seen alongside Pearl Jam at Bonnaroo 2008.

The man is a legend.

NeoRausch

A lot of great artist died last and this year, but his voice and lyrics ARE practically​ one of the cornerstones of my youth.
This fucking sucks.
Fuck that.

Also: fuck your "RIP"-Shit.

I'm totally gutted. I grew up listening to Soundgarden, loved the Audioslave stuff he did, and really got into his solo music. One of the best shows I went to was his solo tour at the Beacon Theater in NYC. He brought out his baby to sit on stage with him for a few songs too, it was really special. What a voice, what an icon. RIP.

CHC

Listening to Badmotorfinger right now, it's still fucking legit actually. Damn

So much nostalgia for cruising around with my dad in his Bronco listening to this. It was definitely the 90s.

CHC

Man grunge really had to be one of the most ill-fated genres for the musicians, holy hell. So many dead, like more than gangsta rap or punk or really any other genre I can think of.

His days of clogging the media with fake news™ are over, bye bitch!

Wrong dead man today?

What a legend. I remember Soundgarden helped me get through some dark days when I was struggling with depression during high school. I still remember my meltdown with The Day I Tried To Live, playing in the background in my bedroom. His compositional style and his playing with time signatures really stood out to me in the world of music.

Chris was wicked behind the guitar, but most of all, I'm going to miss that voice. :(

Icolin

Banned
Damn, I grew up on Soundgarden, and still listen to them now quite regularly, so this is pretty hard for me to deal with.

RIP.

Einhander

That's a damn shame. RIP.

He was working on a new Soundgarden album to be released this year. I'm happy we got at least one new Soundgarden album. Bones of Birds is a great song.

All that's left now is Alice in Chains. Jerry Cantrell, you better stay where you are. Hold it down for us in this life.

Top Bottom