• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden) has died

Horrendous news. This sucks. I'm gutted. I'm one of those poser types who was introduced to Soundgarden via Audioslave. I love both bands, what a voice he had. Devastated.

TheMan

You don't feel like aN almost DriveBy "jeez, sad! RIP"-Post is.... Disrespectful?

Maybe I'm just angry, but those post already trigger me in threads where I didn't know/didn't like the person that died.

I can understand a lot of feelings when somebody you knew/loved/liked/had a fascination for dies, but " oh shucks...RIP" can go away and never come back.

You can express your sadness in many ways, but those kind of post always felt to me like they wanted to be part of whatever.

I shut my mouth now and listen to their "Rusty Cage"-Cover on full blast.

i wouldn't say it's disrespectful to leave a little post saying RIP, just utterly useless.

Very sad. I have to be honest, I didn't know who Chris was until today, but I knew his music passionately. It's funny and sad how that can happen.

Altazor

Still in denial. One of the greatest voices in rock music in the last 3 decades (!) has just left us. Fuck.

Here's to you, Mr. Cornell. May you keep on rocking, wherever you are.

Turin

Banned
Shadow On The Sun

Soundgarden has been one of the two music titans in my life(Alice In Chains being the other) but here's one of my favorites from Audioslave, an excellent band in it's own right.

This one's gonna hurt for a while.

Going back through old pictures and found this one I loved from their 2013 show in Atlanta at the Tabernacle:

18527808_10158742939370707_75091236568771616_n.jpg

Can we put him in bubble wrap? Just to be safe.

Yea, gonna need the cryochamber too

Hale-XF11

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you fucking kidding me??

:(

I had recently just learned how to play and perform The Promise. This man single-handedly was the largest influence on me as a singer and songwriter for the past 25+ years.

I just can't believe this right now.

I am absolutely devastated.

Oidisco

In total shock over this. Was fortunate enough to see him 3 times, twice solo and once with Soundgarden and all 3 shows were incredible. His 1st show was right after Scream released and I was amazed at how good that album sounded live.

For me his solo work got me through some tough times, and I'll always appreciate him for that.

My favourite song he wrote seems to change every few months, though if I had to pick right now it'd be Seasons

God losing him and Carrie Fisher in the span of a few months really fucking hurts...

So so tragic. I was just listening to Temple of the Dog last week. Chris Cornell's voice was an important part of my youth and anyone that grew up listening to music in the early 90s. Amazing and often imitated but never surpassed. He also had the best hair in all of grunge music. RIP Chris.

What a scream the man had. RIP to one of the great rock vocalists of our time. I feel so bad for his kids. How dark a place stardom can put one in...

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Chris Cornell is/was my favorite singer of all time. Nobody will ever have a voice like his again. I am slayed right now.

i was supposed to see soundgarden at rock on the range tomorrow night, i wonder what they will do with their set now, they were the last band scheduled.

mike6467

Watch some of his last concert here:

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-last-concert/329727001/

I love 'Outshined' one of my favorites, and the way he ends the song here is heartbreaking.

He says "And I always get back up."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZJvemyci04

:(

Oh God, that's haunting. His music is some of the most nostalgia inducing stuff I can think of. It was a big part of my entire adolescence and it's crazy to think he's gone. RIP :(

now that i think of, 27 years ago this day Ian Curtis killed himself

Edit: Looks like it was 37 years ago (May 18th 1980), so no 27 appearance.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Shadow On The Sun

Soundgarden has been one of the two music titans in my life(Alice In Chains being the other) but here's one of my favorites from Audioslave, an excellent band in it's own right.

This one's gonna hurt for a while.

The first Audioslave album was Godly. Absolutely epic noise.

I don't know how to feel when most of my Grunge leads have passed away, Grunge having been a big part of my life...

Rest in Peace.

Just listened/watched Black Hole Sun man it was tough to not get upset, I loved it when I was a kid must of been 11 or 12 😞

I love seeing all the outpouring of support from other musicians. Still stinging, but everyone knows this one is gonna hurt for a long while.

Jeff-DSA

Pearl Jam is all that's left from my early concert-going years at this point, unless you want to count Collective Soul, but I don't.

Top Bottom