• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden) has died

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I seriously had a conversation on the phone about him with a customer service rep recently.

What the fuck? Jesus Christ I'm glad I saw that Sound garden reunion tour years back then, I thought he would live to a ripe old age. Genuinely sorry to see him go.

Qasiel

Damn. Loved his work in Soundgarden and Audioslave and that Bond song he did was the best one in a long time (and still continues to be). My wife absolutely loved his voice, too.

RIP

All I knew growing up was Black Hole Sun being on Beavis and Butt-head but I did randomly listen to him on WTF with Marc Maron last year.

I'm in shock. Cornell was one of the most influential musicians in my life growing up in the 90s...

Fuck.

R.I.P. We've fallen on black days. :(

Jesus I haven't listened to either Soundgarden or Audioslave for a while (save for the occasional song) but they were so important to me in my youth. Jesus Christ. RIP.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Just got off work.
Sad news. I really just want to down a few shots and listen to my Soundgarden/Audioslave albums.

Dommo

Best Bond theme. Went perfectly with the visuals.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

RIP :(

It should be (Soundgarden, Audioslave) IMO..

So sad, Soundgarden was a major portion of the soundtrack to my teenage years.

And they had just played a set just hours before.....

Fuck.

Someone has already uploaded some videos of his last concert. This hurts huge.

Top Bottom