• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden) has died

Spladam

I just learned about this on twitter, from the PushingUpRoses feed, thought it was a hoax. I will miss him, he was an amazing talent and had an amazing voice. He is part of my youth.

_Rob_

Damn, what a shame. I always consider his Bond theme as the best of the Daniel Craig fronted films, definitely underrated.

NYR94

Totally out of nowhere. So many of the 90s era rock front men are gone now. Kurt Kobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland and now Chris Cornell. I grew up listening to these guys. :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Soundgarden was one of my favorite bands growing up. Superunknown was on heavy rotation while me and my friends burned many a night away playing Magic: The Gathering in High School.

RIP.

Piichan

Banned
Oh no... Used to listen to Soundgarden a lot when I got into grunge, and loved Audioslave as well. This is terrible, and so shocking. Still so young too...

Thanks for the awesome music.

Tainted

As a 80's / 90's kid, this one really hurts. One of the most iconic rock voices from that era

I have seen Soundgarden live a few times as well.... this is such a blow

Jas

RIP Chris

Hard to believe out of the bands that made it big from Seattle in the early 90s all of their singers are dead with the exception of Eddie Vedder.

When I had a band that did cover gigs, we didn't do more than one song by any particular artist, but we made space for Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Audioslave songs in our set.

He'll be sorely missed.

My fiancée is a huge fan of his. She woke me to the news and I'm shocked. The guy has been clean for years but this reminds me so much of the Eddie Guerrero death from 2005. Sometimes people who have lived rough lives just give out in the end.

We really do only have Eddie Vedder left. I know he's on tour now also and I can only hope he takes time to look after himself and mourn his friend.

Top Bottom