• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden) has died

myca77

Damn that's unexpected. RIP

"Say hello to heaven...."

One of the best voices in rock, that man could sing.

Soundgarden, temple of the dog, audioslave, loved them all especially his solo acoustic stuff and yes even his solo pop album.

I was just thinking that there's pretty much just eddie and billie left from that era (in terms of the big ones).

How have I outlived them? My 13 year old self is so utterly devastated tonight...
Also Dexter, the other Billy, Rivers and Gavin.

I guess the last two were kinda second-wave though.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Oh god, this is tragic... I have really bad weeks already and these kind of news really put me down :(

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles:_The_Dark_Brotherhood_Chapter_6:_Black_Hole_Sun

Sonic_Chronicles_(The_Dark_Brotherhood)_Chapter_6.png

Zimbardo

well this sucks.

been a fan since first hearing 'Jesus Christ Pose' in the early 90s.

great singer ...great loss. hard to believe.

Also Dexter, Rivers and Gavin.

I guess the last two were kinda second-wave though.

Yeah, I'd consider the other two the second wave (and Bush was never as big). But I forgot about Dexter for sure.

Superunknown was the very first album I ever bought. I could recite it front to back in my formative years.

I had everything of theirs. Cornell was GOAT to me then. It really is so shocking.

And let's not forget Temple of the Dog!

Or the older Soundgarden stuff. Jesus Christ Pose. Outshined (one of my faves).

Cornell was a truly transcendent talent. Amazing voice. Amazing lyricist. Soundgarden was so damn influential in the late 80s and 90s. Part of the last big specific music wave in rock (imo).

Top Bottom