• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden) has died

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea how to even comprehend this. I'm in actual disbelief. It just makes no sense what so ever to me. So young. Just hours earlier he was on stage.

Christ.

Dimefan3

I'm shocked. Soundgarden and Audioslave are among my top bands.

Chris had a set of pipes that rivaled Robert Plant.

RIP Chris, we'll miss you.

Grassy

Holy fuck, RIP.

Wtf. They were working on some new shit too, damn.
RIP.

I heard they were heading into the studio in the next month or so to finish the album off. I wonder if we'll ever hear any of it in some form.

Soundgarden played a show last night in Detroit too.

thefro

You Know My Name is the best Bond song.

RIP.

He's actually the first person to sing an opening credits Bond theme to have died :(

Everyone else is still alive.

Matt Monro has been dead for 30 years, but he only sang "From Russia With Love" in the ending credits.

He's actually the first person to sing an opening credits Bond theme to have died :(

Everyone else is still alive.

Matt Monro has been dead for 30 years, but he only sang "From Russia With Love" in the ending credits.

It's insane. He had an amazing voice and You Know My Name has always legitimately been my favorite Bond song since it came out. Even slightly better than the Skyfall song which I also love.

Jesus. Makes me feel old knowing my own mother is ten years older than him and she's had health issues and is still kicking and gets out more often than I do.

I hadn't really listened to his stuff much lately but I had Soundgarden on repeat for like a year in my teens. Guy was an amazing vocalist and he has passed far too young RIP

vikki

Wow, Blackhole Sun was one of my favorite jams as a kid. The ice cream was too much, but I loved that song.

RIP Chris Cornell

Top Bottom