• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chvrches to perform at The Game Awards

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Few of my favorite albums. Why do people in gamergate hate them?

isn't that obvious?

Amazing choice though, been to a concert a few days ago and if they go with the same stage setup GA visitors are in for a real treat. My absolutely favorite band atm.

K.Sabot

I'm not too into their work, but it's a great grab for TGA.

Though I wish TGA didn't have musical guests to be honest... unless they were playing game music ala that year they did the Red Dead Redemption music.

Also, are people talking about gamergate or /mu/, because all of the "I want to marry Lauren Mayberry" shitposting seems to happen in the latter.

DNAbro

I'm not too into their work, but it's a great grab for TGA.

Though I wish TGA didn't have musical guests to be honest... unless they were playing game music ala that year they did the Red Dead Redemption music.

did you not see last year's with Imagine Dragons and Koji Kondo? It was fantastic.

NeatoKuni

Awesome! Chvrches doesn't get nearly as much attention as they deserve. Every Open Eye was kinda disappointing, but it's still a great album.

edit: surprised people are bringing up grimes. it was my first thought as well, but I didn't think she was popular enough to be worth mentioning lol.

Never derived much pleasure from listening to these guys. Kinda irritating. One of them was in Aereogramme though, which was an alright band, but inevitably had to breakup in the end because they were getting absolutely nowhere commercially.

Very cool. The Imagine Dragons thing was a pleasant surprise last year, looking foward to what Chvrches & Deadmau5 have on deck to top it.

Wonder when we'll start getting the teases about game announcements...

Majine

Banned
I like Deadmau5, but I feel he isn't suited to very tight time slots like these events. His music is very slow to build up. It's kinda impressive that he's become so huge in the EDM sphere where everything else is so fast and "all about the drops".

So, in the end, the entire industry went form "Let's make something fun, something entertaining, something innovative" to "Let's expend money on banal crap, we can recover by releasing remasters, charge for fake in-game money and costume dlc!"

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Also, are people talking about gamergate or /mu/, because all of the "I want to marry Lauren Mayberry" shitposting seems to happen in the latter.

People are talking about the "I want to rape Lauren Mayberry" shitposting. Which came from, surprise, our favorite expert group in game jurnalism (sic)

MattyG

Banned
So, in the end, the entire industry went form "Let's make something fun, something entertaining, something innovative" to "Let's expend money on banal crap, we can recover by releasing remasters, charge for fake in-game money and costume dlc!"
6748_confused-christian-bale-celebrities.gif

DNAbro

are you in the wrong thread?

Courage

Chvrches ain't even a remaster, it's a straight port of 80s synthpop.

Dany

Banned

are you lost?

RedAssedApe

Banned

trying to guess which thread this was supposed to be in. so many possibilities

True that my man, some day people will talk about Chvrches like they do about the ET Atari game.

So how do you pronounce it ?

...shvrshz ?

Like Jvdas Priest but awful.

Top Bottom