• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civil War 4 | Fighting game tournament | April 27-29

Dahbomb

Mike Z plays Filia and he has been number one on the leaderboard multiple times.
Nah I was asking if Filia was the "good character with great assist but used exclusively at the back where shouldn't be played". Although IM also has the problem of being a character in an archetype where there are at least 2 vastly better than him, don't think Filia has that issue.

CHRISTOPHER G WITH THE C.L.U.T.C.H!

I can't hate on Chris G after this major. Dude is hella solid in a variety of games, and he's avoided most of his usual mindfuckedness

Azure J

May I just say that catching up on what's been going down in SG while reading the different lingo in this thread has been fucking hilarious thus far? Glad to see NOM Loops catching on, but Cattelites/Cataborous? :lol

That being said, goddamn this shit is hype.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CHRISTOPHER GENIUS
Im telling ya guys he broke the curse.

MCZ | ChrisG in about a week.

Venfayth

Chris G is in every single game, he's come back from losers twice in a row now, kinda wonder if fatigue will hit him at some point in AE or Mahvel.

Dahbomb

Chris G aka Gonzalez, Genius, Godlike, Grip, Grab, Gee-sus, Goodness etc won 2 games already.

That's 2 swords for those keeping count at home. He can easily make it 3 in Marvel as well, not a lot of threats to his main team from what I could tell but he can be beaten if the players have done their homework (which at East Coast isn't a lot).

That was a pretty good set of finals. I can see that my Peasoul team will not work against Painwheel in the long run.
Nah I was asking if Filia was the "good character with great assist but used exclusively at the back where shouldn't be played". Although IM also has the problem of being a character in an archetype where there are at least 2 vastly better than him, don't think Filia has that issue.
She belongs on the back of that team. Painwheel doesn't have a bevy of great assists like the other characters, but she is probably one of the top 3 point characters. I have no idea if Filia is the "Iron Man" of this game since it's only been about 2 weeks since the game came out.

K.Sabot

I don't see Marlinpie going a long set with Chris G in Marvel, so he'll probably win that too.

Huoshen seems to be the best bet for an "upset".

If Chris G wins street fighter, he saves spook from getting stabbed.

Dahbomb

That was a pretty good set of finals. I can see that my Peasoul team will not work against Painwheel in the long run.

She belongs on the back of that team. Painwheel doesn't have a bevy of great assists like the other characters, but she is probably one of the top 3 point characters. I have no idea if she is the "Iron Man" of this game since it's only been about 2 weeks since it came out.
Top 3 point character in a game of 7 characters? Eh that means she is B or higher.

But I get the point.

I don't see Marlinpie going a long set with Chris G in Marvel, so he'll probably win that too.
Long set is exactly where MarlinPie excels at. See the last two Curleh Mustaches. Marlin does worse at 2/3 formats oddly enough.

DJHoushen is a good pick especially for that Skrull pick. Alukard too but his Skrull isn't as solid IMO and he is in losers against a killer bracket.

Azure J

<lazarenth> 0&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;0 vs &#9632;&#9632;&#9632;&#9632;

I'm in tears. Also, RUSH. DOWN. DIEMINION.

World is ending.

Edit: That ending was almost some Liston Final Round shit. :lol

Top Bottom