• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization 6 announced, out October 21st

Screenshots:

CiLy1ubWkAA4GN3.jpg:large

CiLy2MeWkAAALcD.jpg:large

CiLy4UAXIAAsFJB.jpg:large

cute-im-in-gif-145.gif

Tu101uk

Even-numbered Civs are the best Civs!

(Okay, that's being a bit harsh on 5, and a lot harsh on 1, but...)
Slightly harsh on 1 and 5, yes, but I'm in agreement.

For me Civ 2 improved upon the formula that originally started with the first game, Civ 4 improved on Civ 3's ambitious ideas (and is still my favourite in the series), and hopefully Civ 6 does the same for Civ 5's sweeping changes.

Man, with Master of Orion out this year as well, 2016 is gearing up to be a good year for 4x fans of all walks of life... :3

That's exciting, and seems like they want to focus on improving diplomacy, something that has been a very weak mechanic in the series. Would be cool to see something like Europa Universalis: IV sort of diplomacy in the Civilization series.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
"To help you forget about Civilization: Beyond Earth, we are announcing Civilization 6!"

As much as I love Civ, I will most likely be waiting on user impressions and reviews for this new one. Got burnt on beyond earth thinking it would be the new civ4 colonization. LOL

I used to have a bad Civ V addiction but I've mostly gotten over it. If I have the itch any time soon I have a fully expanded version of that to dig into.

I'll probably wait until 6 has patches (V was very buggy at launch), expansion packs, and some big price cuts before diving in. Maybe after a "complete edition" is available.

Tu101uk

"To help you forget about Civilization: Beyond Earth, we are announcing Civilization 6!"

As much as I love Civ, I will most likely be waiting on user impressions and reviews for this new one. Got burnt on beyond earth thinking it would be the new civ4 colonization. LOL
Really? I thought it was touted as the next Alpha Centauri (I haven't played either so I wouldn't know).

(I also didn't like the Civ 4 take on Colonization, even though I absolutely loved the original one)

diffusionx

Gold Member
Interesting... but going by the past few Civs, I will wait until an expansion pack or two.

I also really, really don't like those screenshots. I think Civ 5 is a great looking game and this one looks like a step back.

JordanKZ

If the exaggerated art style means that the world feels more dynamic and your civ looks like it's actually growing, I'm totally into it. I adore Civ 5, so here's hoping this is just as good.

Pineapple

So my excitement has been quickly dampened after looking at the first batch of screenshots.

It looks very cartoony...almost like Clash of Clans.

Ugh...

Pooya

Those screenshots look really bad to me, it looks like something like clash of clans and similar in style, it's so bad. I'd expect a Civ map to look more busy and detailed, this is just, I don't know I don't feel it. Beyond Earth looks better even.

Top Bottom