• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V: Brave New World official (summer 2013)

spiritfox

You can just get BNW since it comes with all the mechanics of G&K. But not the civs, so if you want them you have to get G&K.

You can just get BNW since it comes with all the mechanics of G&K. But not the civs, so if you want them you have to get G&K.

Oh wow, I forgot about some of the civs G&K added. I can't even imagine playing the game without Carthage and the Netherlands now, they're my two most played and favorite. But yeah, a quick google search showed that there are quite a few places with Gods and Kings for $15 or less.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

So it's sorta like Beyond the Sword?

And a bit off-topic, why do people say to install only Civ IV and BtS? Why skip Warlords?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Instabuy now that I can be my peoples (Assyrian)

They're one of the first ones I want to try. I'm thinking pure military tech, and then fill up the rest via conquest.

Need to get Ceremonial Burial (+1 happiness for every city of this religion) or it'll be one unhappy empire.

nesmar

I was actually disappointed in the base Civ 5. Did the first expansion make it a lot better? I bought it, but never played it.

Boss Doggie

My only problem is that the older civs feels gimped because they're not "specialized" for the new features.

spiritfox

My only problem is that the older civs feels gimped because they're not "specialized" for the new features.

On the other hand, their more generalized nature allows them to have more varied strategies compared to the new civs. America, for example, can basically go for any victory condition while Brazil is basically shoehorned into Cultural.

Anyway, some of the older civs are getting revamped too. Arabia has a new UA now (longer trade range and more religious pressure from trade routes), for example.

Boss Doggie

On the other hand, their more generalized nature allows them to have more varied strategies compared to the new civs. America, for example, can basically go for any victory condition while Brazil is basically shoehorned into Cultural.

Anyway, some of the older civs are getting revamped too. Arabia has a new UA now (longer trade range and more religious pressure from trade routes), for example.

Hmm true.

It's just how I feel with some of the civs on Gods and Kings before, although at least there only few Civs are specialized.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I was actually disappointed in the base Civ 5. Did the first expansion make it a lot better? I bought it, but never played it.

I thought Civ 5 was great to begin with (the combat automatically makes it better than all other Civ games imo), but G&K made a ton of improvements. If you didn't like vanilla, you should absolutely try G&K.

Boss Doggie

Yeah, I was wondering why Sheppard wasn't doing the narration. You'd think he'd do it since he did the trailers for the features.

Everything but the scenarions in Warlords are in BTS, so no point in buying Warlords.

Ahh I see. Didn't know they did that before for Civ IV.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Can't wait for this, going to be the perfect game to play while watching the Tour.

joeblow

Hey CIv fans. The upcoming expansion can be had for only $20 (down from $30) at Green Man Gaming's pre-order page. You have to use this code which was supposed to expire yesterday, but still worked for me:

GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG

Enco

Been trying to get into Civ for a long time.

Downloaded and tried the demo a few times but couldn't get into it. I traded a copy of Sleeping Dogs for Civ and a few weeks after having it I decided to give it a shot last night. Downloaded a giant earth map and I have barely played it but it seems pretty interesting. Think I might buy this expansion pack and get deep into the game.

edit: will this work with mods like giant earth?

Top Bottom