• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson, Hammond and May sign deal with Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Comes out to roughly $7 million an episode if the $250m figure is accurate. Anyone know what the BBC budget was for the show?

edit: some figures have the past budget at $10 million usd or so for an entire season.

Last we heard it was about £500k an episode.

At the amount they have per ep now, they'll be playing car football with Ferraris.

milanbaros

Member?
Last we heard it was about £500k an episode.

At the amount they have per ep now, they'll be playing car football with Ferraris.

I think a lot of that will be going to the talent. The BBC don't pay that much compared to commercial tv or the US.

They are probably going to get £500k each, per episode now.

LoveCake

Has this been posted? Saw it floating about on Reddit.

Sounds to me like a misinformed support agent. I was under the impression Amazon were producing this, so I'm sure they'd have global rights too.

edit: Press release mentions a 'global deal' but said press release is not being echoed by other Amazon markets—just the UK.

It cannot be UK only, maybe it means that the show will only be on Amazon here in the UK but they could sell the rights to the normal tv stations around the world where Amazon video is not available, this does leave the question about the other countries where Amazon video is available?

Interesting indeed.

MilkyJoe

I think a lot of that will be going to the talent. The BBC don't pay that much compared to commercial tv or the US.

They are probably going to get £500k each, per episode now.

Oh i don't know about that...

Wilman told the Radio Times the team would begin working on the new series as soon as they return from their summer holidays.
He said they agreed a deal with Amazon because "they'll give us the freedom to make the programme we want...there's a budget to produce programmes of the quality we want and this is the future".
Wilman added the format of the new show would contain "themes people will be familiar with".
"I can't tell you how good it feels to get the chance to produce something from scratch," he said. "We're all really excited. No one telling us what we can and can't do, just us hopefully producing great programmes. It feels really liberating."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33715671

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Trailer made me chuckle

Did much of the filming/editing/producing team leave with the trio? I know they were the main attraction but the way top gear was created was always amazing. Interested to see if they can recreate it

Zaph

Did much of the filming/editing/producing team leave with the trio? I know they were the main attraction but the way top gear was created was always amazing. Interested to see if they can recreate it

Yup. TV/film work is almost entirely freelance/contractual, so a lot of team, including the producer who basically defined Top Gear (Andy Wilman), signed with Amazon.

Beefy

CgVl_B_VIAECv1Q.jpg

jelly

That explains Hammond caring way too much about his hair.

James May broke free in his older years. Mr Bean, Geography teacher, but he has a Ferrari.

Clarkston, not much you can do with that hair.

Beefy

@JeremyClarkson
So, the Grand Tour (GT for short) will come from a tent, which we will put up in a different location every week. Your town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom