• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

To anyone who's interested in trying out the Boom Beach multiplayer component, I made a Task Force called NeoGAF. I think I set it to request only, so send a request if you want in. It has a 5 person size limit for now, but if more are trying to join I'll expand it as needed.

Now back to Clash of Clans, for TH7 upgrades, where should I prioritize leveling my gold mines and elixer collectors? I've already bought all of the new defenses and stuff, so I have my builders currently dedicated to upgrading all of them (including my old stuff from TH6) to their max levels. Should I upgrade the collectors while upgrading the other stuff, or just leave them for TH8 or something?

Now back to Clash of Clans, for TH7 upgrades, where should I prioritize leveling my gold mines and elixer collectors? I've already bought all of the new defenses and stuff, so I have my builders currently dedicated to upgrading all of them (including my old stuff from TH6) to their max levels. Should I upgrade the collectors while upgrading the other stuff, or just leave them for TH8 or something?

Upgrading collectors seems to be up to personal preference.

If you raid a lot, then you probably don't need to bother upgrading collectors since the income from frequent raiding more than makes up for it.

If you're like me and you do not raid very often, then yes I recommend maxing your collectors.

Upgrading collectors seems to be up to personal preference.

If you raid a lot, then you probably don't need to bother upgrading collectors since the income from frequent raiding more than makes up for it.

If you're like me and you do not raid very often, then yes I recommend maxing your collectors.

Okay. I do raids fairly regularly, so I'll just leave them at level 10 for a while. Thanks.

To anyone who's interested in trying out the Boom Beach multiplayer component, I made a Task Force called NeoGAF. I think I set it to request only, so send a request if you want in. It has a 5 person size limit for now, but if more are trying to join I'll expand it as needed.

I play boom beach I'll send a request when I get home

Guys, I don;t care if we only want to do 1 war per week, but you need to tell ME about it when you decide that. Not complain later when I start a war.

I have been doing 2 per week for a while now. One usually on the weekend, though I will admit that last weekends was a little late. So it seems rushed this week.

Ocho

Guys, I don;t care if we only want to do 1 war per week, but you need to tell ME about it when you decide that. Not complain later when I start a war.

I have been doing 2 per week for a while now. One usually on the weekend, though I will admit that last weekends was a little late. So it seems rushed this week.

Last time we had some of the high lvls complain about how he didn't have the elixir to get defenses for everyone after a back to back war. Our attendance on weekend also seemed to be quite low (judging by last weekends war). I favor one war since we are semi casual (war participation is not mandatory). For two wars we need set Schedule. It hasn't been 24 hours since our last victory and we are already in the next one.

If we want to do one I am fine. I will start one per weekend from now on.

...I am willing to front the defenses myself if others feel like it costs too much. Will have lvl 3 dragons in a couple days, and I always have extra elixir.

Ocho

If we want to do one I am fine. I will start one per weekend from now on.

...I am willing to front the defenses myself if others feel like it costs too much. Will have lvl 3 dragons in a couple days, and I always have extra elixer.

We should see what all the others think.

Personally I don't like the idea of consecutive wars especially with how busy I have been at work lately I can't find the time to attack or donate like I would normally do.

I agree that we need a schedule, and I also would prefer two per week.

I proposed a schedule once, but no one responded in chat. I will also need to make more co-leads so that someone is on to start them on time.

I really am trying to keep a schedule of one on weekends, and one mid week, but I am a full time teacher with a hard schedule, and sometimes I just forget to start them on time.

Sounds good to me, Let us take this Tuesday off though (if that is what we decide). Then we will start the schedule the next week.

Unless anyone has objections.

JesseZao

I'm fine with tues and sat. I also think it's better to only have people in the clan that wish to participate in wars. We can't manually opt you out during a search (yet?), so you just make it less fun and harder to win for those that enjoy clan wars.

If you just want to be social, we have this thread :)

Ilúvatar

I've been playing it for about a month. HQ 12. We should start a GAF clan (can't remember the actual name) that they just added in the new patch, if we have enough players I wouldn't mind trying that out.

We definitely should! It looks like there is a smattering of interest.

MattyG

Banned
I'm trying to get my trophies up so I can join right now. I was at 1000+, but dropped to like 950 recently. Hopefully I don't drag you guys down in clan wars. I'm pretty high lvl, but I really don't know the intricacies of wars and stuff.

If you are low on trophies and need to join clan send me a pm. I am sure we can coordinate something.

We can't leave the clan open all the time or else we will get smothered.

Ilúvatar;135874033 said:
We definitely should! It looks like there is a smattering of interest.

If you search for the NeoGAF task force it should be there! I'll open it up to size 10, since it's currently full at 5.

Raxious

lol. It is jarring at first, but it is a part of the game.

Attack some other people to make yourself feel better!

I'm already doing that, but I got full resources right now, and I'm upgrading at max. Trying to get that TH3. Also upgrading both turrets xD However, I didn't know that while upgrading, defenses don't work, so I just got raided by a guy who sent in 60 minions. All I had was a Archer Tower.

JesseZao

Am I going to have to trophy up to Gold III for Dark Elixir? What is the best way to get it at TH7?

You can do it, but it'll be painful. I would barch to get a surplus of elixir then run dragons to farm dark elixir. I have my builders, so I just spend gems on barracks boosts.

I got level 5 barb king before going to th8. It was worth getting level 5 for sure. I was around 1300 to do it.

Lightning spells aren't good for sniping DE anymore.

Marinius

Neo Member
Nice war win, GAF. Our attendance was excellent and the win was a breeze because of it.

Just an FYI to the newer players that the biggest threat to your entire attack is going to be the opposing clan castle. A few wizards can wipe out your entire line of giants if you clump them. They will die before they hit the wall if the clan castle is alerted.

Take a look at replays of our top guys or YouTube vids of how to bait out clan castle units and take them out asap before you launch your attack on the opposing base.

yeah... I did have a pretty hard fail with this but second round was much better - I think i just needed more troops. I've upped 2/3 camps now so i have 10 more unit slots :p

Cheers,

Ocho

I feel we should keep the clan invite only going forward. We can accept requests from GAF posters and friends if they state so when they try to join. I also took the liberty to change it to invite only (since we almost reached 50 members!). I had to remove non english new guys, too. We had the trophy bar set too low.

Raxious

This is the only one the game shows me:

lk4QQqp.png

Top Bottom