• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

I feel we should keep the clan invite only going forward. We can accept requests from GAF posters and friends if they state so when they try to join. I also took the liberty to change it to invite only (since we almost reached 50 members!). I had to remove non english new guys, too. We had the trophy bar set too low.

As far as I can figure out, you can't actually invite people except for in-chat.

Which makes it useless for inviting gaffers.

Unless I am missing something....

Ocho

As far as I can figure out, you can't actually invite people except for in-chat.

Which makes it useless for inviting gaffers.

Unless I am missing something....

What do you mean? People can find the clan and request to be let in. You can also directly invite people.

Raxious

I'm having some trouble getting enough resources. I keep running into stuff that have 1,500 or less of both Gold and Elixer. But when I get to something that's 10k+, they usually end up wrecking my army before I'm able to gather a lot.

I'm having some trouble getting enough resources. I keep running into stuff that have 1,500 or less of both Gold and Elixer. But when I get to something that's 10k+, they usually end up wrecking my army before I'm able to gather a lot.

It takes some learning. Just keep trying.

Denzel

Sent a request to join the boom beach task force and the clan in coc

Boom beach name : imthatniqqa
Coc name : Moist Pad

Accepted. I'm going to leave the Boom Beach Task Force at size 10 for now, so if anyone else wants in post here and I'll expand it then.

Booties

Banned
My clan keeps getting matched again Asians with fully maxed out TH9s and very good TH10s all the way down to #15 or so. Our entire clan got raped by level 5 hogs. Shit is ridiculous, we don't even have similar troops to fight back with. What's up with this shitty matchmaking algorithm?

My clan keeps getting matched again Asians with fully maxed out TH9s and very good TH10s all the way down to #15 or so. Our entire clan got raped by level 5 hogs. Shit is ridiculous, we don't even have similar troops to fight back with. What's up with this shitty matchmaking algorithm?

Ahh the asian sneak attack. Happens to us all the time. We go to bed up 70 stars, wake up to a loss. Great.

The war is usually won and lost with our TH8s and TH9s. But if they got TH10s going all the way to #15 then damn. No shot.

Booties

Banned
Ahh the asian sneak attack. Happens to us all the time. We go to bed up 70 stars, wake up to a loss. Great.

The war is usually won and lost with our TH8s and TH9s. But if they got TH10s going all the way to #15 then damn. No shot.

Yeah, fuck the ancient chinese sneak attack. We used to search at noon EST every Monday and Wednesday. We changed it to 2pm, then 3pm, and now we are at 4pm which seems like the latest we can start it. We got paired against an Italian clan this time so I think we are slowly moving further West. I think changing the prep day could help to since all the dumb school kid clans are probably not going to war on Mondays.

These guys have 4 TH10s and TH9s down through 16, but they seem rushed in the TH8 range. Their top TH 8 has only 2 lvl 6 ADs.

I am kind of regretting starting BK7, but the DE was burning a hole in my pocket

Yeah, fuck the ancient chinese sneak attack. We used to search at noon EST every Monday and Wednesday. We changed it to 2pm, then 3pm, and now we are at 4pm which seems like the latest we can start it. We got paired against an Italian clan this time so I think we are slowly moving further West. I think changing the prep day could help to since all the dumb school kid clans are probably not going to war on Mondays.

These guys have 4 TH10s and TH9s down through 16, but they seem rushed in the TH8 range. Their top TH 8 has only 2 lvl 6 ADs.

I am kind of regretting starting BK7, but the DE was burning a hole in my pocket

I have a huge problem with the way the hero upgrades work. Wait until you have to wait 7 days for the upgrade to go through. You will earn enough money in that 7 days for the upgrade of the other hero. So ..... you will only have one hero at a time for months. Its very dumb.

Booties

Banned
I have a huge problem with the way the hero upgrades work. Wait until you have to wait 7 days for the upgrade to go through. You will earn enough money in that 7 days for the upgrade of the other hero. So ..... you will only have one hero at a time for months. Its very dumb.

Yeah. With all the clan wars updates they just made I was shoked that the heros weren't available during CW attacks even while being upgraded. They should be ready for the attack just like they are as a defense. In fact, this should be a change to regular matchmaking as well.

JesseZao

Good war everybody!

I really want to upgrade hogs, but I want bk10 first :(

It seems like inceI get to 20k DDE it's hard to accumulate more without getting raided for more than I gain. I usually have to just make a big push until I have enough for the upgrade and spend it.

broz0rs

So this happened

hrqoMZM.png

GG to all who participated. Special shout out to Bajan our savior.

oh, and a big FU to Pinoy Academy for hogging our top bases to death. How is one supposed to defend against that?

Nuklear

Banned
Great work everybody on the win!!

Thank god my 1 star on my second attack didn't cause us to lose. I should have 3 starred that base. ><

red13th

What a war!! This game will give me a heart attack

BTW I was attacking the base when I was at work and a pregnant coworker started talking to me. Since I wasn't really paying attention to her she GRABBED MY PHONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GODDAMN ATTACK, I went crazy and begged for my phone back and she wouldn't return it to me.
Ended up getting the three stars but damn I was so mad. :lol

Ocho

These three guys didn't attack once and have donate 5 or less troops so far.

pendekar
blake
hakyalim

Keeping note to see if we should kick.

Booties

Banned

Read my previous posts in the thread for my clans activity logger. Besides actually making a spreadsheet, the best way is to promote active (uses all war attacks, donates/farms often) people to elder. If they miss an attack in one war, demote them. This gives them the benefit of the doubt, but lets them know they are on thin ice unless they have an explanation for their missed attack. Miss attacks in the enxt war, especially both, and you're out.

How about we do some base progress reports? It's nice to see other Gaffer's bases. Here's my TH7 base as of today:

As you can see I'm upgrading my collectors. Those are the last of them, so in 4 days I will have all maxed (level 11) gold and elixir collectors. Woohoo! All my defense buildings and traps are maxed. The only buildings I have left to upgrade are my Dark Elixir Storage and Dark Barracks. There's no point in upgrading my DE Storage yet since at level 1 it caps at 10k, and if I ever get that much DE I will immediately spend it on Barbarian King. And I'm not even going to bother building Dark Barracks yet &#8212; I'd rather save the DE for buying BK. So for now, all my gold is going toward wall upgrades and re-arming my traps, and all my elixir is going toward building troops and spells (and if I ever have an extra 200k lying around I'll spend it on my pink walls).

I'm gonna push to 1,250 trophies so I can get the 450 gem "Sweet Victory!" achievement. Those gems will enable me to buy a 4th builder. The only thing is that I have planned on staying at TH7 for the time being, so I won't need a 4th builder, which is why I'm debating spending the gems on buying Barbarian King instead (I think he costs 700 gems).

The base I'm using now is really good and I highly recommend it:
One Ring - A TH7 Farming Base Design (Peaked #1 on CoC Builder)

In the last 24 days (as far as I can see back in my log) I have only been 3-starred once, and that was because I was upgrading both of my Air Defenses at the time. The only other really successful attack was a 92% by a TH9 who used high level Giants, Healers, Archers, Wallbreakers, 2 Heal spells and 1 Rage spell. The fact that even that wasn't enough to 3-star me is pretty impressive. The vast majority of attacks have done less than 50% to my base, I'd say the average is like 25-30%.

But now that I don't care about my loot as much (I immediately spend all my gold on walls), I want to switch to a good hybrid base since I'm gonna be pushing for trophies. Do any of you have a good TH7 defense base you can suggest? I've found some that look pretty good:

The Mantis, a TH7 Variation of " The Tempest"
[Optimus] TH7 Transformer Base
TH7 Hybrid Base | Stingray v2

Booties

Banned
How about we do some base progress reports? It's nice to see other Gaffer's bases. Here's my TH7 base as of today:

As you can see I'm upgrading my collectors. Those are the last of them, so in 4 days I will have all maxed (level 11) gold and elixir collectors. Woohoo! All my defense buildings and traps are maxed. The only buildings I have left to upgrade are my Dark Elixir Storage and Dark Barracks. There's no point in upgrading my DE Storage yet since at level 1 it caps at 10k, and if I ever get that much DE I will immediately spend it on Barbarian King. And I'm not even going to bother building Dark Barracks yet — I'd rather save the DE for buying BK. So for now, all my gold is going toward wall upgrades and re-arming my traps, and all my elixir is going toward building troops and spells (and if I ever have an extra 200k lying around I'll spend it on my pink walls).

I'm gonna push to 1,250 trophies so I can get the 450 gem "Sweet Victory!" achievement. Those gems will enable me to buy a 4th builder. The only thing is that I have planned on staying at TH7 for the time being, so I won't need a 4th builder, which is why I'm debating spending the gems on buying Barbarian King instead (I think he costs 700 gems).

In the last 24 days (as far as I can see back in my log) I have only been 3-starred once, and that was because I was upgrading both of my Air Defenses at the time. The only other really successful attack was a 92% by a TH9 who used high level Giants, Healers, Archers, Wallbreakers, 2 Heal spells and 1 Rage spell. The fact that even that wasn't enough to 3-star me is pretty impressive. The vast majority of attacks have done less than 50% to my base, I'd say the average is like 25-30%.

But now that I don't care about my loot as much (I immediately spend all my gold on walls), I want to switch to a good hybrid base since I'm gonna be pushing for trophies. Do any of you have a good TH7 defense base you can suggest? I've found some that look pretty good:

Lol the write up on the ring is hilarious. I'ts a good base though.

You need to get a BK stat. It makes your life so much better. Just build lightning spells and hit next until you find a base with like 2k DE. You may need to be in Gold I to be successfull. Otherwise, just hit next and tap drills. You'll be surprised how easy it is to the BK once you start trying.

As you can see I'm upgrading my collectors. Those are the last of them, so in 4 days I will have all maxed (level 11) gold and elixir collectors. Woohoo! All my defense buildings and traps are maxed. The only buildings I have left to upgrade are my Dark Elixir Storage and Dark Barracks. There's no point in upgrading my DE Storage yet since at level 1 it caps at 10k, and if I ever get that much DE I will immediately spend it on Barbarian King. And I'm not even going to bother building Dark Barracks yet — I'd rather save the DE for buying BK. So for now, all my gold is going toward wall upgrades and re-arming my traps, and all my elixir is going toward building troops and spells (and if I ever have an extra 200k lying around I'll spend it on my pink walls).

How does One Ring work without maxed TH7 walls? I've been using a Mantis variant and get 100%'d quite often. Pisses me off because all of the profits I make from raiding get stolen before I can use them, so it seems almost pointless to even raid. Is it because most of my Wizards and Mortars are still TH6 max level?

Which of you guys is Sanuk?

Bro you really need to be more dealy with your attacks a th7 should under no circumstances be getting less than 3 star from a th6 especially a th7 with access to dragons

Marinius

Neo Member

Hahaha the 'one ring' base description post is gold. "One does not simply walk into Mortars" and so many other sick one liners :p

I'm currently keenly awaiting the TH7 upgrade (4days away) so madly farming/upgrading the final items ready for TH7 and I might give this a whirl as my first layout. Thanks for sharing.

Lol the write up on the ring is hilarious. I'ts a good base though.

You need to get a BK stat. It makes your life so much better. Just build lightning spells and hit next until you find a base with like 2k DE. You may need to be in Gold I to be successfull. Otherwise, just hit next and tap drills. You'll be surprised how easy it is to the BK once you start trying.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot before copping out and using gems.

How does One Ring work without maxed TH7 walls? I've been using a Mantis variant and get 100%'d quite often. Pisses me off because all of the profits I make from raiding get stolen before I can use them, so it seems almost pointless to even raid. Is it because most of my Wizards and Mortars are still TH6 max level?

It works quite well. I suggest giving it a try. As you can see in the pic I posted, I don't have maxed TH7 walls. In fact, until very recently I had mostly level 3 walls on the inside of my base, and it still worked well. To answer your last question: Splash defenses (Mortars and Wizard Towers) are probably the most important upgrades at this level. You will mostly be getting raided by armies consisting of Barbarians, Archers, and/or Goblins, and splash defenses are your best protections against those armies. Don't worry about getting demolished by a Giant + Healer raid, because that shit is OP as fuck (at least in TH6-7) and there isn't anything you can do to defend against it until you basically have everything maxed. And even then you still might get wrecked by a skilled player who uses Heal and Lightning spells effectively.

As a fully maxed TH6, I'll try the One Ring out as soon as upgrade completes, thanks for sharing.

No problemo. Just don't expect it to protect you super well at first. When you're a new TH7, not even a good base design will save you against the onslaught of TH7-8 raids. Prioritize maxing your splash defenses and getting your new Air Defense to a respectable level ASAP.

Hahaha the 'one ring' base description post is gold. "One does not simply walk into Mortars" and so many other sick one liners :p

I'm currently keenly awaiting the TH7 upgrade (4days away) so madly farming/upgrading the final items ready for TH7 and I might give this a whirl as my first layout. Thanks for sharing.

Haha yeah, definitely one of the best descriptions I've seen. As for some TH7 advice, read what I wrote to the people quoted above.

I'm working my way up in trophies and I came across my first "fake" farming base tonight. You know, when people put their Town Hall outside their walls but have them surrounded by Hidden Teslas and traps. Yeah, never ever do that. It's a dick move to screw someone over who's just trying to snipe your TH and give you basically a free shield. Due to that little stunt I ended up dropping all my Barch troops + a dragon + a lightning spell on this TH9 base out of spite. Looted over 100k gold and elixir and got 2 stars, which I was happy with. He's probably going to revenge raid me, but I don't care. He's TH9 so the loot penalty will make it a waste of his resources anyway.

Top Bottom