• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
Hopefully they do something about the end game in the next update. I now have lvl 12 towers and a lvl 13 royal giant, but I'm purposefully sticking around 3500 trophies just because I win every game and get tons of 3 crowns.

totowhoa

Banned
Thanks so much Thy_!

Welcome to the clan :D

Hopefully they do something about the end game in the next update. I now have lvl 12 towers and a lvl 13 royal giant, but I'm purposefully sticking around 3500 trophies just because I win every game and get tons of 3 crowns.

You monster! :O

But seriously, you're right and this really needs to be addressed. They have some huge incentive issues regarding how people play once they're above 4K. Either enjoy the slog to 5k+ or drop and play challenges + build the clan chest.

While I'd welcome a new arena and having them bump the season to a 5k trophy minimum, that's a short term fix.

Edit: Ohhh just saw the post on the previous page where they confirmed reworking the endgame. Awesome.

Lol this makes it maybe the 5th time in a row that Witch got a damage buff. I don't think I'd start using it even if she was my first favorite card.

Sande

So they're fixing bugs that make Executioner unintentionally strong AND nerfing him on top of that?

Nice.

But... how the hell did the stun make it to live if it wasn't meant to be there? It's so obvious.

thy_

So they're fixing bugs that make Executioner unintentionally strong AND nerfing him on top of that?

Nice.

But... how the hell did the stun make it to live if it wasn't meant to be there? It's so obvious.

They are going to nerf him tomorrow and bugfix him with the next client-update sometime in March.
If they are keeping their current card release schedule it will have to be sometime before March 10th.

The bugs probably made it into release, because they weren't willing to mess with their planned card release and update schedules. It seems they rather have some wonky interactions in the game than mess with their development plans.

hollomat

Banned
Any of the other clans have an issue with crowns for the clan chest this cycle?

Earlier this morning, we were at 156 crowns overall in the count, but only 86/90 crowns into chest 1. It seems like 60 crowns are being counted for the overall, but not going into the chest count.

We are on chest 2 now, but still 60 short of where the overall crown count says we should be.

sackninja

Any of the other clans have an issue with crowns for the clan chest this cycle?

Earlier this morning, we were at 156 crowns overall in the count, but only 86/90 crowns into chest 1. It seems like 60 crowns are being counted for the overall, but not going into the chest count.

We are on chest 2 now, but still 60 short of where the overall crown count says we should be.

Hollo, there is a jump from 0 out of 10 to 1 out of ten, which is where those 60 crowns went.

mnannola

Nice.

Ya why would they attempt to balance him before the bugs with him are fixed? That doesn't make any sense.

wonderpug

Neo Member
Hollo, feel free to kick me from the guild if you need space. I think I'm out for a while until a better endgame hopefully gets patched in.

hollomat

Banned
Hollo, feel free to kick me from the guild if you need space. I think I'm out for a while until a better endgame hopefully gets patched in.

Sounds good. Hopefully they make some good changes to the endgame with the march update. We will only kick you if we need the space, but if we do you're always welcome back.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Ya why would they attempt to balance him before the bugs with him are fixed? That doesn't make any sense.

Partially or fully trying to balance him now means it won't remain unbalanced until the next client update comes out, sometime in March.

If they have overcompensated in the stats changes in the context of the bug fixes then they can buff him again in a future balance update. Not like they haven't nerfed then buffed stuff and vice versa in the past.

hollomat

Banned
Would love to get in today. Says invite only so I cant ask to join. I only have 2113 trophies though dont know if thatll stop you from letting me in

We have an open spot at GAF (#QYYQCQ) if you want to join. Just opened it now. Post you're from Neogaf in the request.

Anyone else who wants to join is welcome too.

pdk27

Would love to get in today. Says invite only so I cant ask to join. I only have 2113 trophies though dont know if thatll stop you from letting me in

We set the minimum to 2600 purely to calm down the request. We can't lower it if any gaffers want to get in.

hollomat

Banned
We needed to change trophy minimum from 0 to 2000 since there were constant requests. Now we don't have that many requests.

I wonder what the difference for us is. We had trophy minimum at 2000 yesterday and had to shut it down after an hour. In that time we got around 20 to 25 requests.

It's really annoying and makes it a pain in the ass to add people. I wish they had a way to search by names and send invites that way.

thy_

Combination of lag and long attack animation.

The version of the game simulated on your device thinks the units got pulled away in time. But then it gets informed, that that they actually did get the hit off in the "real" version of the game running on the server. So "your" version of the game has to catch up, and it shows you the hit long after it actually happened.

Sparky and Mini-Pekka sometimes get off "sniper shots" over half the arena, when something runs past them, because off their slow attack speed.

Matush

We were full for a while, but ou GAF clan (#20Y9PQ) have 4 spots open, 2000 trophies minimum is just to avoid constant request spam, if you are interested in joining, message here.

Also, if any kicked members who were inactive wants to come back, join request.

hollomat

Banned
Now that all the announced cards have been released, I wonder we will get an update on what's next. Hopefully sometime this week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can't believe how many crappy players are still spamming EBs like they are going out of style o_O I guess "overlevel EB and spam them" is a valid tactic still.

Ninja Dom

One year on and I think this game is losing me. I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. I have no interest in paying for any cards or chests. I can't stand Elite Barbarians. They need further nerfing as still too many people use them.

I'm at a personal best of 4400 and still only a level 10. I think I may quit, or reduce the amount I play, after this season.

broz0rs

Just wanted to offer some friendly advice to another GAF clan (#8GUV99C), the one with the red and yellow barb avatar. It seems there's mostly inactives in the clan and only a handful of active members. I recommend merging with another GAF clan to get all donation requests filled, as well as getting max clan chest.

One year on and I think this game is losing me. I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. I have no interest in paying for any cards or chests. I can't stand Elite Barbarians. They need further nerfing as still too many people use them.

I'm at a personal best of 4400 and still only a level 10. I think I may quit, or reduce the amount I play, after this season.

Same. Literally no reason to aim higher. I just dropped my trophies for ez wins.

Top Bottom