• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

GodofWine

I cannot believe I do not have the skeleton army yet, so infuriating when an early troop type just won't drop. Those things stop an offensive rush dead.

CodeNfX

I got lucky with a super magical chest and only in arena 2 atm. The loots I got were major upgrades, felt like I have a big advantage now. Is donating to the ppl that request the cards the only way of donation? I've requested a card but it was removed within a minute so I'm confused if it was a glitch or one of the elders removed it, it was a musketeer request.

I might be wrong on that, but regardless you get more cards and gold in the Arena 4 chests anyway. There's a particularly big jump from 3->4 since gold chests start to guarantee 2 rares instead of 1. See: http://clashroyale.wikia.com/wiki/Chests

And just to be clear the Arena 4 chests definitely can contain Arena 1 cards. What I'm not sure about is if you drop back to 3 and get an Arena 3 chest whether it can contain an Arena 4 card.

This isn't entirely true.

There is an instance when you want to drop trophies, and I've done it. It's when you want to spend money on Super Magical Chests.

By dropping to Arena 1 (which takes ages from Arena 8) and buying chests, you guarantee that you only get Training+Arena 1 cards. The Super Magical chests are cheaper in terms of gems at that low level but you will get dozens of the lower tier cards. I brought my lower cards like Goblins and Archers up to rank 8-9 and the Giant to rank 6 by doing that.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
All three clans are full so I created "NeoGAF Gold" if anyone is interested! Sucks that you can't do a friendly battle w/o leaving a clan to join the other player's one.

I got lucky with a super magical chest and only in arena 2 atm. The loots I got were major upgrades, felt like I have a big advantage now. Is donating to the ppl that request the cards the only way of donation? I've requested a card but it was removed within a minute so I'm confused if it was a glitch or one of the elders removed it, it was a musketeer request.

It was probably fulfilled. You get either (1 or 2) rare cards or 10 common cards through donations a day. Our guilds move fast with the donations

Hanzou

What is the best use of my gems if I have no intentions of using real money to buy more? I just armed playing yesterday and up to arena 2 and it seems like the gems are slow to come buy so buying any big chests seems unlikely anytime soon. Will coins become hard to come by soon and I may want to buy those with gems? Tempted to occasionally use gems to open a silver chest early as I am always full on chests.

CodeNfX

What is the best use of my gems if I have no intentions of using real money to buy more? I just armed playing yesterday and up to arena 2 and it seems like the gems are slow to come buy so buying any big chests seems unlikely anytime soon. Will coins become hard to come by soon and I may want to buy those with gems? Tempted to occasionally use gems to open a silver chest early as I am always full on chests.

I read the best use of gems are to buy the 10k gold for 500 gems as a F2P player. Never use gem on opening silver chest, if you must, use it on Golden/Magical chests. You can never have enough gold.

Hanzou

I read the best use of gems are to buy the 10k gold for 500 gems as a F2P player. Never use gem on opening silver chest, if you must, use it on Golden/Magical chests. You can never have enough gold.
Is gold used for anything else besides levelling up cards and buying new cards in the shop?

Xeteh

The 1000-1100 trophies range is a real bitch of an roadblock, at least for me. Most players are lvl 6 and have some solid cards and decks in that range. Having a hard time breaking into arena 4. Gotta level dem cards some more, or get the damn baby dragon. My chests seem to mostly give cards I don't use, damn minions popping from every chest.
This game is still probably the most fun F2P I've played on my mobile.

It really is. I'm level 6 and I've been fucking stuck in this range for days at this point. I got to arena 3 with like... 2 losses? And I've been in Arena 4 for a week at this point while dropping back out in to 3 at least 2-3 times.

I know I'm shit at the game but yeah, the 1100 tier is a fucking wall.

It really is. I'm level 6 and I've been fucking stuck in this range for days at this point. I got to arena 3 with like... 2 losses? And I've been in Arena 4 for a week at this point while dropping back out in to 3 at least 2-3 times.

Sounds like you are missing the best card in the game.

the credit card

Kitoro

Losing steam fast on the game. Stuck in the 1500-1700 trophy range, and it's been a long, slow rise from 1100, and the only thing I can do is just keep opening garbage chests and hope for a miracle while I donate as much as I can to lift my rank once every week or two if I'm lucky, and it's only going to get harder unless I pay up.

I had to battle myself not to drop another $30 into the game to get a Arena 6 Super Magical Chest. I'd happily buy an Arena 3 or 4 Super Magical Chest for the $20 I have leftover Play Store credit for, but since they'd force me to intentional throw 20 or so matches to afford it, I'm just going to stick it to the man and refuse to spend any further.

The pricing that scales with the player's progress is completely diabolical in this game.

daydream

Banned

post your deck, bro

Xeteh

post your deck, bro

Been trying this deck lately.
inuV6sI.jpg

Agent

Looks like some fairly big changes coming in the next update.

https://clashroyale.com/blog/release-notes/balance-changes-coming-3-23

Welcome to the first round of balance changes since global launch! The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats - in particular, card use rates and win rates across all levels of play. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.

One of our core design principles is "offense over defense", which you'll no doubt hear us reference many times. We're not entirely there yet, but we'll be vigilantly tweaking and tuning cards in that general direction.

In this batch of changes we're primarily looking to address a few frustrating defensive combinations and some underused cards:

X-Bow: Range decreased to 12 (from 13)
We want to open the X-Bow up to a little bit more counterplay. A range reduction will mean you can no longer position it behind a Tesla, as well as across the river, and still hit your opponent's tower!

Tesla: Hit speed decreased to 0.8sec (from 0.7sec), lifetime decreased to 40sec (from 60sec)
The Tesla's use rates and win rates don't show it as being overpowered; however, another of core design principles is that all cards should have weaknesses and counters, whereas the Tesla doesn't clearly have any. A lower hit speed will reduce its DPS versus bigger targets significantly, and also make it more vulnerable to groups of troops.

Cannon: Lifetime decreased to 30sec (from 40sec)
The Cannon offers a bit too much defensive power and value for 3 Elixir. A lower lifetime will reduce its staying power.

Princess: Hitpoints decreased by 10%
When playing with Tournament Rule card levels, as a baseline we think Arrows should be able take out the Princess for an even Elixir trade. This hitpoint reduction ensures that’s the case. Additionally, the Princess has a very high use rate and could do with some added vulnerability overall.

Ice Wizard: Damage increased by 5%
The Ice Wizard's main strength is control, but he could do with a little bit of extra damage to increase his value and make him more of a threat.

Prince: Charge speed decreased by 13%
The Prince is currently the most used card in the game, but despite very popular opinion, he isn't overpowered when looking at his win rates. However, his ability to take down a tower on his own when left unchecked can be quite startling. Slowing down his charge speed a notch will give more time to react and counter.

Dark Prince: Charge speed decreased by 13%
Both Princes ride the same breed of horse, and therefore it makes perfect sense that they move at the same speed!

Valkyrie: Hitpoints and damage increased by 10%
The Valkyrie's use rates are quite low, as she still needs to find her place in the world. More damage and health should help her get there.

Royal Giant: Damage increased by 20%
The Royal Giant's use rates and win rates are very low, showing that he is clearly underpowered. We wanted to give him significantly more damage, instead of boosting his hitpoints, so he could fulfill his dreams of becoming a wrecking ball.

Giant: Damage increased by 5%
Giving the Giant a bit more damage, instead of hitpoints, will make him a more compelling choice overall, without making him any more potent on defense.

Rage: Gives 40% movement and attack speed boost (from 35%), duration decreased by 20%
Rage can be an exciting and surprising card to see in action, but it's currently not quite strong enough to make the cut in most decks. By increasing the boost to 40% and lowering the duration, Rage will be a more intense and stronger offensive tool overall.

Poison: Damage increased by 5%
Poison has fairly low use rates. A bit of damage over time will make it a more interesting choice next to Fireball and the other damage spells.

Mirror: Legendary Cards mirrored 1 level lower
The Mirror is creating Legendary Cards at a disproportionately high level (slightly). After this change a level 5 Mirror will make a level 2 Legendary Card, and so on.

Three Musketeers: Cost decreased to 9 (from 10)
Three Musketeers have a very low use rate. 9 Elixir will make them better value and less risk, hopefully increasing their allure.

Archers: Quicker initial attack (like Spear Goblins)
The Archers' use rate falls off after the early game, while the Spear Goblins remain popular across all levels. We’re making their initial attack quicker, so they'll feel more responsive and effective.

Balloon: Hitpoints increased by 5%
The Balloon has low use rates at the top, and many enemies (buildings!). More hitpoints should help it get to those towers!

Witch: Damage increased by 5%
The Witch has very low use rates at the top. She needs a bit more damage to become relevant again.

Please leave your thoughts and feedback on our forum post!

See you in the Arena,
The Clash Royale Team

Please note: These changes are not live yet - they're coming on 3/23.

TheExodu5

Banned
Solid changes overall. Not liking the poison boost though...I feel like it's already too powerful. It can nearly shut down a lane for it's duration.

One thing I would like to see is a reactive shield card against arrows/fireball and maybe poison.

3 Musketeers is still not going to be used since it can be shut down with a 4 cost fireball, 4 cost poison, or 6 cost lightning.

I've been tanking my trophies since yesterday. Just going to have some fun with gimmick decks until I feel the need to trophy push or get back to arena 7. 3 Musketeers + mirror + musketeer. It's fun going up against someone and having 8 musketeers on the field. Tough to pull off though.

Matush

Thank god for X-Bow changes. Such a cheap strategy to destroy your towers. I've had a guy drop X-Bow and Rage at the same time, my tower was down in seconds...

Been trying this deck lately.

Interesting deck, but your anti-air is really lacking. If I make a big push with Baby Dragon and some solid ground sponges your deck would really be in trouble. Consider swapping out the skeletons for a musketeer (she is an amazing card). I would also highly consider putting Barbarians in your deck if you are running a hut deck. If you really want to switch it up consider swapping skeleton for musketeer, minion horde for regular minions, and knight for barbarians. The musketeer would give you solid AA that you probably got with the horde (plus you have regular minions now too), and the barbarians give you a much better ground game compared to the knight IMO.

I think the key for a solid hut deck to work is to really get a solid push in the last 60 seconds or overtime when you have at least 2 barb huts out and you make a solid push.

Matush

Currently on this deck:

screenshot_2016-03-19oksn1.png

My last 15 matches: 10w-2d-3l. Pretty good so far, I was able to get to arena 5, not sure how these cards will keep up with the rest.

I get so salty when I go on losing streaks. I'm like "Fuck it one more got to end with a win" and proceed to get messed up again. That only fuels my anger lol.

coy

I get so salty when I go on losing streaks. I'm like "Fuck it one more got to end with a win" and proceed to get messed up again. That only fuels my anger lol.
Happened to me this morning. Spent the next three hours dropping back to A4 then trying out new configurations. I delayed my gf leaving to go shopping as I needed to get some of those trophies back.

Maximus P

I downloaded this about a week ago and made it to arena level 5 and now it's starting to lose its fun. There are many players at this level that have obviously dropped a few levels as I'm coming across level 7 and 8s. I don't mind losing to fair fights but it's pointless trying in some battles.

Future

Level 5 around 1100 trophies. .... Definitely harder to win now. By then EVERYONES deck is stacked full of counters and building defense. And by then someone has at least one card that is high level, so depending on what that is I could be screwed

Fuck the crossbow. What am I supposed to do about that. Placed behind the river and defends OR attacks my tower nonstop.

Mini pekka is a necessity. I'll see people dropping the beginnings of a horde and I'll drop the mini on the other lane. Either they ignore it and push forward, or they split their horde trying to defend quickly weakening their push.

I'm rolling with a pure ground game right now. I'm thinking about starting to add the fliers. I feel like I can replace my giant, but he's been becoming more useful as defense actually.... Absorbing a horde near my tower

Xeteh

Looks like my tablet is dead. Idk how to recover my account so I guess just kick me out, Ferny.

Yeah, I can't get it to turn back on. Fucking hell. If anyone has any experience with Nexus 7s and could maybe help me out, feel free to let me know.

Looks like my tablet is dead. Idk how to recover my account so I guess just kick me out, Ferny.

Yeah, I can't get it to turn back on. Fucking hell. If anyone has any experience with Nexus 7s and could maybe help me out, feel free to let me know.

Nexus 7? I knew someone who had his fuck up too :x

if you had your google account tied to it, you should be able to recover it :X XETEH NO I DON'T WANNA LOSE YOU!

Xeteh

Nexus 7? I knew someone who had his fuck up too :x

if you had your google account tied to it, you should be able to recover it :X XETEH NO I DON'T WANNA LOSE YOU!

ily bro

I do have it tied to it but the only other device I own is an iPhone and idk if I can recover my account with that. Should I try an android emulator?

If you signed into the game with your Google account, your progress is already backed up.

As for the nexus 7, I know someone who had something similar happen. The thing wouldn't turn on at all even though the battery had some charge in it, so they left it plugged in until it finally wanted to wake its ass up. Though this was an OG (2012) nexus 7.

Edit: beaten like a tower after a prince has had its way

Top Bottom