• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

netguy503

all of them should be.

I dunno. I have a 3dtv and the only one that prompted the switch to 3d was the last game. I was disappointed. But whats funny I went through all of them to look at each games options menu to see if they had a video option (this is how I turned on the 3d in the GOW collection). None of them did, just languages and subtitles, even the third one. In fact, the only reason I was able to get my tv to recognize 3's 3d was by playing with the 16:9 screen size option in the 3rd game's option menu and setting the bar to max. Very interesting. But I wanted 3 new 3d games for my tv. Please help. :(

Seventy5

Got mine at Best Buy today and played some of the first game. I can't believe Sony is charging $30 for this. That's the best deal ever for the best series ever. Everyone should stop complaining about the crappy DD price and just go buy the game at a store, its worth every penny.

Tagg9

Got the game in the mail today. I've only played the first chapter so far, but the game looks amazing in 1080p. Fantastic deal for $25!

DonMigs85

You have to deselect 720p in the XMB.

I don't know if it's actual 1080p but they're very sharp and clean.

That's odd, normally the games auto-select the best resolution to run in since the PS3's upscaling to 1080p tends to look worse than native 720p.

DonMigs85

Just got the retail disc and was wondering: Was the game really meant to default to 720p even on a 2D 1080p TV? If not, hoping a patch can be released. I don't like having to keep deselecting 720p since other games look worse upscaled to 1080p, if they even support that at all.

baekshi

Banned
Just got the retail disc and was wondering: Was the game really meant to default to 720p even on a 2D 1080p TV? If not, hoping a patch can be released. I don't like having to keep deselecting 720p since other games look worse upscaled to 1080p, if they even support that at all.

I think so because of the 3D. 3D can't run at 1080p.

RobbieNick

Got the game today. The graphics look fantastic for such old games Super crisp and colorful in 1080P. The 3-D is complete shit however. 720p and sub 30fps at times. Also, they should have featured better control options since they are kind of archane compared to how it is now.

I forgot how expressive Ratchet's face used to be during gameplay. It's so static now in comparison.

DJ_Lae

Game looks fantastic - I'll have to try the 1080p trick, though, curious to see how much that affects things.

Or the framerate.

I finished off the eight planet (or so) and whenever three or more of those blarg space guys (the ones who fire a stream of bullets, then leap sideways and do it again) were on screen, the game would almost grind to a halt. The bit before picking up the pilot's helmet was particularly bad as there were five or six of them all leaping and firing and I was getting sub-Perfect Dark framerates.

catabarez

Yeah I'm hoping for a patch on this as well.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So no effect on the framerate or anything when deselecting 720p so it can run at 1080, right?

scitek

I just picked this up and am playing the first game for the first time, and man the aiming is horrible. It's crazy how much something like that can change a game.

I just picked this up and am playing the first game for the first time, and man the aiming is horrible. It's crazy how much something like that can change a game.

First game is the worst in the series for this very reason, the others are much more playable

TimmiT

Yeah, like the others said the aiming got much, much better with the second game because of the addition of strafing. I tried to replay through the first game with the HD collection, but I couldn't finish it because I was just so used to the way the other games handled aiming.

Top Bottom