• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

krae_man

Eh, I don't think it's that stupid. Especially not enough to swear like a little kid about it.

Buy in bulk, save money. Where's the issue?

The issue probably is, historically that wasn't the case. The God of War and Team Ico collections were the same price($19.99 each) and the 3 game collections were $14.99 each which is just rounded up $1.66/game.

Sounds like they should be $9.99 each on PSN, but will end up being $14.99 each. And yes that is stupid.

I guess that means Deadlocked is going to be $14.99:(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I regret buying the Jak collection on disc... seeing them on PSN was a kick in the balls. Just wasn't expecting it.

I'll wait on R&C for the DD... and if it's more than the retail disc, I'll just have to wait until the prices come down.

I don't really understand the business side of it... but it seems to me that DD games should be cheaper, or at least the same price. It would kind of annoy me to actually pay more for a digital version.

DonMigs85

Hmm, I remember that the Jak games went for $15 each and $39 if you got the bundle.
So you mean the Ratchet PSN bundle will cost the same? $10 more than the retail disc?
Madness!

krae_man

Hmm, I remember that the Jak games went for $15 each and $39 if you got the bundle.
So you mean the Ratchet PSN bundle will cost the same? $10 more than the retail disc?
Madness!

I think he was talking about the individual game prices, and he wasn't aware you were talking about the 3 game bundle on PSN.

krae_man

There won't be a 3-game bundle for Ratchet on PSN.

You know, I was thinking that would happen when you said that.

I can't wait for Morgan trying to defend the insane pricing tomorrow on the blog.

That's not true. That's impossible!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Trilogy bundle sold on other region's stores?

The bundle has always been the same price as retail. They wouldn't be able to charge the "way more expensive" prices for the individual games if the bundle was normal price.

krae_man

UK price for each game was 11.99 pounds which is actually around $18. So it was more expensive there.

The bundle was the same price as two games. So was Sony EU criticized for the individual game prices? Guess SCEA decided to remove the bundle instead of fixing the individual game prices.

UK price for each game was 11.99 pounds which is actually around $18. So it was more expensive there.

He meant the price for the bundle on PSN was less then MSRP. He wasn't talking about the individual game prices.

DonMigs85

I asked Insomniac on Facebook about this, hopefully they clarify soon.
It's INSANE not to have the bundle when every other regional store got it. The whole point of the bundle is to get all 3 titles cheaper.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I asked Insomniac on Facebook about this, hopefully they clarify soon.
It's INSANE not to have the bundle when every other regional store got it. The whole point of the bundle is to get all 3 titles cheaper.

uh wat. I'm right here?

This is way out of our hands.

krae_man

SCEA being terrible :p

Do what us Euroes do and complain like hell in the Blog comments.

Oh everyone will. They complain like crazy over dumb stuff as it is(Like Borderlands getting added to the instant game collection), just imagine what it will be like when they have a legit reason to complain.

Carl

Oh everyone will. They complain like crazy over dumb stuff as it is(Like Borderlands getting added to the instant game collection), just imagine what it will be like when they have a legit reason to complain.

True! SCEA have an amazing capacity to ignore all negative comments though :p

Received my copy this afternoon. The total lack of an instruction manual is a huge disappointment. The PS2 games amazing manuals and I thought Insomniac would do something special for this collection. Guess I thought wrong.

The reversable artwork is nice though. Looking forward to playing these gems again.

Edit: Bah, I meant to post this in the OT over in Gaming Community.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Received my copy this afternoon. The total lack of an instruction manual is a huge disappointment. The PS2 games amazing manuals and I thought Insomniac would do something special for this collection. Guess I thought wrong.

The reversable artwork is nice though. Looking forward to playing these gems again.

Sony and Idol Minds developed the collection and Sony as a whole as significantly cut down on what's allowed in terms of manuals. Wasn't really any way for them to do all three games in one manual, so they went pure digital (and that also helped keep the price to 29.99)

Sony and Idol Minds developed the collection and Sony as a whole as significantly cut down on what's allowed in terms of manuals. Wasn't really any way for them to do all three games in one manual, so they went pure digital (and that also helped keep the price to 29.99)

So once again, SCE breaks my heart. But thank you for the response James!

Evolved1

I really don't think the PSN pricing is fair... especially as a Plus member and considering you don't even get a disc. I thought DD was supposed to reduce prices by cutting out cost for printing dics/packaging and shipping and the mark-up for retailers.

It's more expensive to buy from PSN? $15 more expensive?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I really don't think the PSN pricing is fair... especially as a Plus member and considering you don't even get a disc. I thought DD was supposed to reduce process by cutting out cost for printing dics/packaging and shipping and the mark-up for retailers.

Yeah, Sony decided not to offer the bundle on PSN. I can't really speak to the reasoning there though. Not our call in the slightest. :-/

I really don't think the PSN pricing is fair... especially as a Plus member and considering you don't even get a disc. I thought DD was supposed to reduce prices by cutting out cost for printing dics/packaging and shipping and the mark-up for retailers.

If you're on Plus, you can snag the whole bundle for $26.99. But something tells me you aren't....

Nevermind, looks like SCEA edited that discount out of the blog post.

DonMigs85

Stupid SCEA not offering the bundle. What about next week or so?
Did Jak and Sly have their bundles from the start?
EDIT: Hooray for Plus if that's true!

Evolved1

Yeah, Sony decided not to offer the bundle on PSN. I can't really speak to the reasoning there though. Not our call in the slightest. :-/

I'm not blaming anyone really... just saying. I would have jumped on this day 1, I love R&C, but now I'll just have to wait a bit.

If you're on Plus, you can snag the whole bundle for $26.99. But something tells me you aren't....

Oh... I didn't know this. I was reformatting my PS3 all day, so haven't been to the store yet... and didn't know about the + discount. Now I am happy. Sucks for the people without + though.

Massa

That's nothing; this is the third Store update since they slashed the price of 17 retail Vita/PS3 games with absolutely no change.

One example? God of War Saga came out today for $40. PSN price? $40 for the two PSP games, $30 for the two PS2 games, and you don't get God of War 3. So it's $70 and you don't get the best game of the bunch.

When people joke about a monkey pushing the PSN store "update button" they're being offensive to monkeys everywhere. That store is run by freaking morons.

Stupid SCEA not offering the bundle. What about next week or so?
Did Jak and Sly have their bundles from the start?
EDIT: Hooray for Plus if that's true!

I'm not blaming anyone really... just saying. I would have jumped on this day 1, I love R&C, but now I'll just have to wait a bit.

Oh... I didn't know this. I was reformatting my PS3 all day, so haven't been to the store yet... and didn't know about the + discount. Now I am happy. Sucks for the people without + though.

The Blog people have made a mistake about the HD collection discount and edited it out of the post. It won't be available until 9/25 in the US, super shitty. You can't buy the full collections at all until 9/25, only the over priced piece meal bullshit.

bought this over Madden and Loving it. Brings back many memories of when I was younger and wanting a Mario style game for PS2. I got it and then some

Top Bottom