• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

Toppot

Its looking fantastic, crisp and smooth, can't wait! My heart goes out to everyone in America that will have to wait =[

SykoTech

As much as I love the R&C games, Up Your Arsenal is the only game where I got all the skill points and everything.

There was no way I could figure out the skill point stuff by myself. Trophy collectors are definitely going to need a guide.

Carl

Some hard ones in there .

All skill points means getting all the moonstones and desert crystals which is a pain. Not that hard once you get the RYNO though.

Impossible challenge takes forever and is hard. I think i did it on PS2 though so mustn't be that hard.

Hoverbike race will be tough if i remember right

At least there's some fun ones too.

And i'm happy they put in the Insomniac Museum as a trophy. I remember having to jump off of a grindrail and glitch into a building to find the warp point! :p

krae_man

Super Skilled

Attain All 30 Skill Points

Oh, go fuck yourself

Those were fine. Deadlocked was the only PS2 Ratchet I didn't get all the skill points on because there was so god damn many of them. As for the crystals, you want to get them all, especially on your challenge mode playthrough. The money and exp are needed for leveling your nanotech, and weapons.

Looks like there is a trophy for every skill point. That's okay I guess, could have done a few more standard progression ones. Probably gives us an idea of what to expect for the other games.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm pretty sure I never played going commando so I'm looking forward to that at least. These trophies seem very grindy though.

Mr. Sam

I grinded the giant Clank arena fight to get that RYNO, damn it! Played it about one thousand times. Somebody's going to have to teach me an exploit if I'm going to get it again.

Carl

1 million bolts? That's like 4 playthroughs.

Oh man. Insomniac is trying to make sure no one ever trades this in I guess.

Yep, will take forever with R&C 1's bolt system! Not too bad in any of the others, much quicker to earn bolts in those.

I grinded the giant Clank arena fight to get that RYNO, damn it! Played it about one thousand times. Somebody's going to have to teach me an exploit if I'm going to get it again.

Oh man i think i did that too

Lkr

UYA multiplayer? SOLD
how much better do these hd collections usually look compared to the ps2 version? worlds of difference or just a bit?

Yuterald

Man, the first three Ratchet games are so good. I can't wait to remaster/100% these games. So much fun! If I recall, there was some sort of grinding trick with that bolt/mine sweeper gadget/weapon in the first game. Something about leaving your system on with your controller on auto fire, I think. O_O

Skidd

Revamped UYA HUD is much less orange than the original. Looks wonderful though, and is just me or is Ratchet wearing a larger helmet?

krae_man

The first time I played the game I just grinded two or three planets that gave you about 3000 bolts just replaying the stage. Other times, I beat the game without getting the RYNO and just got the bolts on my second playthrough. You always get more bolts the first time you play an area. I needed the RYNO to beat Drek the first time however, he kicked my ass without it.

jimi_dini

Ugh all of those are mind numbingly easy. And I believe that they're exactly the same as the in game challenges, all of which I've already done in the PS2 version. I was hoping for some new challenges, but it's been a while since I've played on PS2 so I guess I'll let it slide. This time. ;p

What are they supposed to do? Those games weren't that hard in the first place even when being completed to 100%.

I mean I'm happy that they don't include some bullcrap speedrun or stuff like that (Ico speedrun, oh god, ruined the whole game for me).

oh hell yes UYA multiplayer. I spent so much time on that game, even spent time in Deadlocked. So much fun was had. Gimmie dat V2 grav launcher any day over the gloves we've been getting in the newer games.

Carl

Ugh all of those are mind numbingly easy. And I believe that they're exactly the same as the in game challenges, all of which I've already done in the PS2 version. I was hoping for some new challenges, but it's been a while since I've played on PS2 so I guess I'll let it slide. This time. ;p

Might not be the hardest in the world but they're hardly "mind numbingly easy" unless you're going for "LOL BRO I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME I COULD DO THIS WITH MY EYES CLOSED AND FINGERS UP MY ARSE"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What are they supposed to do? Those games weren't that hard in the first place even when being completed to 100%.

True. Still, it would have been cool if they had done something different, as I've already done all of those things several different times through the years. That said, I will still eagerly do them all over again this fall.

Goldrusher

So when does Europe get the game?

Some shops have an early June date, others late June.
But what about Gladiator HD? Do we get it, or not?

Yes! I replayed those games all the time but haven't had a chance since my BC PS3 died. I've been needing a Ratchet and Clank fix lately.

Would be nice if Deadlocked came as DLC.

Edit: Damn, I guess this is old news. I haven't been internetting for some time now. Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Excellent trilogy of games. I almost want a PS3 just to play R&C3's multiplayer again.

Seriously, R&C3 was the pinnacle of Ratchet games. The PS3 trilogy hasn't touched it.

Raonak

Banned
None as grindy as the 1,000,000 bolt trophy in R&C 1

Easy as fuck.
there was a glitch (in the originals atleast) where you could get off your hoverboard in the hoverboard races, and if you did, you can go break boxes, thing was, in the hoverboard races, boxes respawned. So all you needed to do is to find a pile of boxes, break them, stand under them, and the boxes would respawn, hit your head, break, free bolts, boxes spawn, etc.

leave it running for a day and you'd have the bolts without really doing anything.

though, this is a HD revamp. so they may have fixed it :(

Top Bottom