• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton admits failure in stopping 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Ownage! You get to script the questions and set things up the way you want the interview to go, but when you have someone with half a brain on the other end, things can change. Great interview by Bill. Noone there to give him legal advice or to feed him answers. He knowingly walks into a trap and defends himself admirably. If you're gonna try and defame a president, at least do some fact-checking.

This thread is awesome. I love the way this has totally backfired on TociAdams in the end. :lol Just like this interview backfired on Faux. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
Ownage! You get to script the questions and set things up the way you want the interview to go, but when you have someone with half a brain on the other end, things can change. Great interview by Bill. Noone there to give him legal advice or to feed him answers. He knowingly walks into a trap and defends himself admirably. If you're gonna try and defame a president, at least do some fact-checking.

I'm not sure he knew he was walking into a "trap". I think that's part of the reason he is so upset in the video, and he makes references to being there under false pretenses. I think he was expecting other lines of questioning, which is why his defense of himself is also impressive, despite him losing his temper.

I also don't think there was any attempt to defame him either. It was a simple, if loaded, and one sided question. It's not like they are blaming him for 9/11, just suggesting that he didn't do enough to get bin Laden. The line of questioning is a long way from defaming him. Although, as I stated in an earlier post, it's ridiculous to blame either Clinton or Bush for 9/11. It's so easy to look back and point the finger, when the world is just more complex than that.

Triumph

Banned
This is why you do not **** with a former politician with a brain. Sure, you could have asked that kind of question to Zell Miller, but Clinton? Clinton handed dude his ass in a wet paper bag.

Diablos

Haha, don't **** with Clinton :lol

I find it hilarious how the same people who bitched at him for being too concerned about bin Laden now bitch at him for not doing enough!

Diablos

Stoney Mason said:
It's FOX NEWS. I'm not sure why this is even a big deal. What else could have happened?
I think Clinton's concern is that this bullshit is how most of the country will remember him. The guy who got a blowjob and didn't care about bin Laden at all.

Diablos said:
I think Clinton's concern is that this bullshit is how most of the country will remember him. The guy who got a blowjob and didn't care about bin Laden at all.

I used to think that but I don't think he needs to worry about that anymore. The way Bush has botched most things since 9/11 alone will cast him in a favorable light by comparison.

Slurpy said:
Oh look, the neocon bitch Michelle Malkin picks this up. How I hate that bitch.

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/09/25/slick-willies-day-of-rage/

I'm not even sure why I read through the comment section of that video it only served to get my blood boiling. It's not like one kickass interview and they're all of a sudden going to say "you know what, I've irrationally hated him for 14 years, but I've kinda come around now".

arrrrrgghgh.

Jonm1010

Banned
Anyone try watching this on Youtube. You get a big red message saying the video is copyrighted and foxnews has taken it down, on every single clip posted. Funny though that this message and request or whatever has never been on any other foxnews youtube and currently isn't on any other ones right now either. very intresting, but i think this only makes Clintons's case better and draw even more attention to it so in a way bravo for this foxnews, your only drawing more attention to your so called "fair and balanced" network and this interview exposing for the GOP humping right wingers they are.

Fox has had it pulled down because they've been promoting the hell out of it on the air and they want people to tune in to watch it on their network. They aren't trying to hide anything from anyeone, they just want to draw ratings, and watching it on You Tube does nothing for them. After all this bluster has blown over, it'll be back up on You Tube and no one at Fox will care, as they've already gotten their ratings bump, and it's old news.

Jonm1010

Banned
so out of curiosity how has foxnews tried to spin this? I know on my way back from new orleans today they interupted their coverage on the saints for good ole Rush and his show (don't know why i kept the channel on) and he was trying to tear apart everything clinton said, criticizing clintons finger waging, saying he was using fear tactics on chris wallace. Something he claimed Bush and his administration has never done in interviews (i guess he forgot about Bush's matt lauer interview?) Anyways what has their response been toward this, are they giving his points creedence or tearing him apart?

maynerd

Banned
Jonm1010 said:
so out of curiosity how has foxnews tried to spin this? I know on my way back from new orleans today they interupted their coverage on the saints for good ole Rush and his show (don't know why i kept the channel on) and he was trying to tear apart everything clinton said, criticizing clintons finger waging, saying he was using fear tactics on chris wallace. Something he claimed Bush and his administration has never done in interviews (i guess he forgot about Bush's matt lauer interview?) Anyways what has their response been toward this, are they giving his points creedence or tearing him apart?

They think he has anger management issues and that he's crazy.

From what I've seen, they are down playing Clinton's message and focusing more on how agitated he is and emotional. They also have made a comment or two about how he admits his "failure" to get bin Laden, which I suppose is technically true. He does say that, but it's not really the gist of what he has to say.

They haven't been tearing him apart, at least not that I've seen. More like shaking their heads at him for losing his temper with Wallace and freely admiting that he "tried and failed".

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Kung Fu Jedi said:
From what I've seen, they are down playing Clinton's message and focusing more on how agitated he is and emotional. They also have made a comment or two about how he admits his "failure" to get bin Laden, which I suppose is technically true. He does say that, but it's not really the gist of what he has to say.

They haven't been tearing him apart, at least not that I've seen. More like shaking their heads at him for losing his temper with Wallace and freely admiting that he "tried and failed".
Indeed, real presidents should just smirk like retards all the time and try to make bad jokes in press conferences about wars and economic hardships.

It's going to be great once the Democrats start growing a spine and fighting back (anyone ever see Paul Hackett in an interview, Holy Shit!!), and see all these phony tough guys like Rush start whining about how Democrats "are soooo meeeeaaan"

Jonm1010

Banned
just hearing people calling in and praising limbaugh's completely false and debassed comments about clinton and his praise of this administration has never made me more upset and depressed to be an American. Seeing the ignorance of those callers and knowing how many people watch and listen to this type of dreck, truelly makes me scared of where this country may be going. Especially if these neocons continue to control things like they do and people keep taking their spoonfuls of sh#t by the gallon.

edit: i hope i am wrong though and this election will be a turning point but with these fear tactics popping back up and people reacting just like they did 2 years ago i am worried.

Joe

my brother told me that i should only watch fox news because they are the only ones telling the truth. he also listens to limbaugh all day day at work.

i feel bad for him but theres nothing i can do. he's a lost cause, it's a wrap for him. even if i convinced him to watch outfoxed or something in that vein he'd just shoot down everything they said anyway.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
APF said:
Slurpy is definitely the most hate-filled poster here, lol... Hate leads to suffering, Slurpy.

Yeah, I wish I could be just like you and defend injustice and corruption, as you do. To smile and nod at it all, like you do. Applaud, even. Unfortunately, I don't have it in me. I'd wager your mentality leads to infinitely more suffering than my instinct to speak out.

ronito

Slurpy said:
Yeah, I wish I could be just like you and defend injustice and corruption, as you do. To smile and nod at it all, like you do. Applaud, even. Unfortunately, I don't have it in me. I'd wager your mentality leads to infinitely more suffering than my instinct to speak out.
Someone with such a happy name shouldn't be allowed to be so angry. :(

Jonm1010

Banned
my brother told me that i should only watch fox news because they are the only ones telling the truth. he also listens to limbaugh all day day at work.

i feel bad for him but theres nothing i can do. he's a lost cause, it's a wrap for him. even if i convinced him to watch outfoxed or something in that vein he'd just shoot down everything they said anyway.

I remember driving from colorado to New orleans earlier this summer and of course their is nothing on the radio but am talk shows.. All of which are o'reiley,limbaugh and the right wing conservative gang, not one in a 20 hour drive could i find anyone not fitting that bill. Of course each host was bitchin about the liberal bias in the media and i think that all these listeners that only have access to shows like this belive these peoples rhetoric because really, there is no conflicting viewpoint on the airwaves. I realy can't think of any political radioshows that arent right wing conservative. I know al franken has a show but in colorado to louisiana i have never heard it.

Jonm1010 said:
I remember driving from colorado to New orleans earlier this summer and of course their is nothing on the radio but am talk shows.. All of which are o'reiley,limbaugh and the right wing conservative gang, not one in a 20 hour drive could i find anyone not fitting that bill. Of course each host was bitchin about the liberal bias in the media and i think that all these listeners that only have access to shows like this belive these peoples rhetoric because really, there is no conflicting viewpoint on the airwaves. I realy can't think of any political radioshows that arent right wing conservative. I know al franken has a show but in colorado to louisiana i have never heard it.

That's because Air America hasn't really taken off outside the larger markets, and even there it's struggled. I believe they are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy at the moment. Meanwhile, the more right leaning radio shows draw decent ratings and are syndicated across the country.

terrene

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
What a load of shit trying to pass the buck off on Bush with the USS Cole.
Uh, what? We didn't pin the Cole on Al Qaeda until after Clinton left office.

EDIT: Beaten.

JayDubya

Banned
Slurpy said:
Oh look, the neocon bitch Michelle Malkin picks this up. How I hate that bitch.

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/09/25/slick-willies-day-of-rage/

From watching that, she does seem to have a point in that all of Clinton's appearances last week were pretty softball.

Fox News is GOP biased, no question, but there has been a LOT of political coverage in the last couple of weeks over all the major networks - president after president, Bush, Clinton, Ahmadinejad, Chavez, etc, and the political biases of each major network's newsreaders were rather prominantly on display.

Of course, whoever's writing that for her, or her, whoever she is, or whatever it is you linked to that I just watched... grrr... I'm rambling now. At any rate, let's assume she's the writer - of course, like all far right pundits, she's about as detached from reality as the far left pundits. With the red filter at the beginning and all that, the clip was just as retarded as Chavez's comments at the UN last week.

Jonm1010

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:
That's because Air America hasn't really taken off outside the larger markets, and even there it's struggled. I believe they are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy at the moment. Meanwhile, the more right leaning radio shows draw decent ratings and are syndicated across the country.

thats too bad. I know that their always people on both ends of the spectrum who won't be swayed one way or the other but i think that having both options on something like the radio can go along way. I have had several friends and people ive known that when i went to colorado had been listening to limbaugh and the like because thats what was on. These people then take what they say as gospel and run with it. Now after a few of them that i sat down with and showed how these shows skew things and gave them some facts to dispute the rhetoric they learned, suprisinly they changed their tune and view in regards to politics. I am one who thinks that just getting a different perspective to people in a convincing way would help change at least some peoples tune in politics and look at things in a questionable way instead of thinking opinions of one man is fact. I guess right wing conservatives seem to have a stranglehold on the radio talkshow and unfortunatley don't see it changing.

APF

Slurpy said:
Yeah, I wish I could be just like you and defend injustice and corruption, as you do. To smile and nod at it all, like you do. Applaud, even. Unfortunately, I don't have it in me.
No, instead you have to resort to defending and applaud groups like Hezbollah; a pale imitation, I admit, of the EEEEEVIL of whomever it is I'm supposed to be defending...

Kevtones

This interview reminded me of the Bush/Lauer interview. Clinton gets similarly defensive and rather aggresive with body langauge. Its nice to see him admitting a mistake and give us a nostalgic trip to a day where our president could articulate his thoughts. Overall though, Clinton's logic is not particularly sound in this interview IMO.

Triumph

Banned
Kevtones said:
This interview reminded me of the Bush/Lauer interview. Clinton gets similarly defensive and rather aggresive with body langauge. Its nice to see him admitting a mistake and give us a nostalgic trip to a day where our president could articulate his thoughts. Overall though, Clinton's logic is not particularly sound in this interview IMO.
No.

Clinton is not batshit insane. Also not full of horse manure.

3phemeral

Wow, it's almost as if Toxic just skipped to the part where Clinton admitted failure, not taking into consideration the context of the situation.

Naw... ...couldn't have done that.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Kevtones said:
He ****s fatties :-/
Case closed.

keen argument.

anyone who thinks that bush is in the same league intellectually as clinton has been brainwashed by unbearably partisan politics.

Kevtones

mamacint said:
slowly claps...

Did you even try to formulate an argument, or did you dive straight for the Clenis?

I didn't really argue anything other then the exchange between Lauer/Bush and Clinton/Wallace were similar from a tension standpoint. I thought both Bush and Clinton were overbearing except that Clinton was articulate and spoke in complete sentences as opposed to Bush (who was actually more coherent the normal). Also, both used derailing tactics, again Clinton being less humorous due to his delivery. I don't feel that either interview was positive for either of the men although Clinton's was more favorable from the standpoint he was able admit wrong when asked (Bush wasn't asked specifically but he avoided accountability).

Macam

Banned
Kevtones said:
I didn't really argue anything other then the exchange between Lauer/Bush and Clinton/Wallace were similar from a tension standpoint. I thought both Bush and Clinton were overbearing except that Clinton was articulate and spoke in complete sentences as opposed to Bush (who was actually more coherent the normal). Also, both used derailing tactics, again Clinton being less humorous due to his delivery. I don't feel that either interview was positive for either of the men although Clinton's was more favorable from the standpoint he was able admit wrong when asked (Bush wasn't asked specifically but he avoided accountability).

Derailing into...the subject that was brought up? There were two topics in the Wallace interview: bin Laden & CGI. Both were addressed in full.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Boo-Hoo poor Clinton. :( Couldn't handle the tough questions so he had to lash out on Wallace. Well he made a fool of himself and finally admitted what the right has been saying all along and that is that Clinton could've done more. But then again so could've Bush but the fact that Clinton had to go on a little cry-baby rampage when a tough question was asked says a lot about him.

Kastrioti said:
Boo-Hoo poor Clinton. :( Couldn't handle the tough questions so he had to lash out on Wallace. Well he made a fool of himself and finally admitted what the right has been saying all along and that is that Clinton could've done more. But then again so could've Bush but the fact that Clinton had to go on a little cry-baby rampage when a tough question was asked says a lot about him.

Please tell me you just forgot the /sarcasm at the end of the post?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
mamacint said:
Please tell me you just forgot the /sarcasm at the end of the post?

It's Kastrioti. He didn't. One of those posters where you're sure the post is a satirical comedy, until you look at the poster, and you realize it isn't. This is from someone who opposed a ceasefire in Lebanon, so that says enough.

It's amazing how the right keeps expecting democrats, etc, to take it up the ass smiling with the under-handed and vicious accusations- and the moment a slight bit of conviction/strength is shown emotionally, they have a day with it. See, in Kastrioti's twisted world-view, Clinton was 'crying' because he 'couldn't take the heat'. In the world of these people, spheres are cubes, and black is white. As long as its in line with their partison bullshit. Cowards whose entire sense of morality lies with their partison agenda.

Slurpy said:
It's Kastrioti. He didn't. One of those posters where you're sure the post is a satirical comedy, until you look at the poster, and you realize it isn't. This is from someone who opposed a ceasefire in Lebanon, so that says enough.

I'm gonna enjoy him, I hope he got a purty mouth.

terrene

Banned
Kastrioti said:
Well, the most partisan possible response has now been entered in the thread. Thanks for that! Now we can say that part's done.

Mumbles

Kung Fu Jedi said:

I dunno. Where I'm from, "Lost his temper" would mean that he punched Wallace in the face, and "meltdown" would mean that he sobbing or screaming incoherently. What I saw was someone who picked up on the attempt to blindside him, immediately took control of the interview, and managed to both answer the question and tell Wallace exactly why he was completely out of line. That's usually called "commanding", and yes, the raised voice and body language are a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom