• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton admits failure in stopping 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Who is that bitch in the 2nd interview? What a c*nt.

'Ohh noo.. it was unfair to do that to the interviwer :((('.. go shove your faux humanity and victimization somewhere else. Am I also the only one who doesn't understand the characterization of Clinton 'losing it, and 'going nuts'? He spoke forcefully and raised his voice a bit. Yeah, I guess that means he went off the deep-end. I guess anything other than smiling and taking it up the ass with these deceitful questions is considered lunacy. What a bunch of hellspawn. I hope theres a special place in hell reserved for these criminals. The scumbags dont have problems raining bombs all around the world, but Bill Clinton 'coming forward in his chair' merits infinite condemnation.

Im also amazed how the interviewed was 'surprised' that Clinton wasnt being asked these questions in his other interviews. Its frkkin 5 years after the event, and everything that could have been said and reported has been said. Why should he be in a position to be continually grilled for an event thatdid not even happen in his administration, 5 years later? Scumbags.

I just finished the video. I just don't know what to say. How much deeper can we sink into this filth? When the hell will we grow up and not stand for this garbage, for this insult to your intelligence? The amount of spinning in that video was beyond unbelievable. It was even spun that Clinton set out to 'get Wallace' even before the interview. Because he had the GALL to not be ass****ed. I also love how all the anchors/pundits/guests/ all used almost the exact same phrases and vocaubulary, as if they followed the damn memo that got passed around. I'm saying this, and I've never been a Clinton fan.

I just Thank God I don't get Fox News- I know Id be tempted to watch everyday, and the amount of blood boiling would not be good for my health.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
TMW09-13-06.jpg

JayDubya said:
Wishy washy? Nope. Try explicitly forbidden.

It used to be a gentleman's agreement / tradition set forth by George Washington, but we can thank FDR for making a damn constitutional amendment to be required. It's a good thing that bastard died before he could run for his fourth term - he ****ed the nation up enough in the three he had.

I'm a bit too lazy at the moment to look up constitutional arguments, but my understanding was that the ammendment explicitly forbids two terms in a row, but is poorly worded so that someone could seek a third after taking one off (or at least seek a SC ruling that would clear it up, no telling if he'd win), although the "spirit" of the ammendent clearly would be against him doing so.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Oh, and Wallace is a liar. He keeps repeating that he asked Clinton 'If he thinks he did enough' to get Bin Laden, when his question explicitly was 'Why didn't you do more to put Bin Laden out of business'. BIG difference, and deserving of a very strong reply.

JayDubya

Banned
mamacint said:
I'm a bit too lazy at the moment to look up constitutional arguments, but my understanding was that the ammendment explicitly forbids two terms in a row, but is poorly worded so that someone could seek a third after taking one off (or at least seek a SC ruling that would clear it up, no telling if he'd win), although the "spirit" of the ammendent clearly would be against him doing so.

You see, this is why I quoted the entire body of the amendment. It's only one paragraph, and it explicitly forbids any President from holding more than two terms. If a VP or lower inherits the position with more than 2 years left in the previous prez's term, that counts as one of their terms.

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once..."

APF

Slurpy said:
Oh, and Wallace is a liar. He keeps repeating that he asked Clinton 'If he thinks he did enough' to get Bin Laden, when his question explicitly was 'Why didn't you do more to put Bin Laden out of business'. BIG difference, and deserving of a very strong reply.
Except if Wallace had simply asked, "did you do enough," then Clinton would just have said, "no," and this would have made Clinton look bad, and make Democrats sad :( By asking, "why didn't you do more," this allowed Clinton to go on a tirade about the Republicans and the media. This makes Clinton and the Democrats happy and energized :)

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I don't get why librulz are still bent out of shape by all this. The moment I saw that Condi replied to it is the moment I realized that Clinton planned each part of this shit out. He doesn't need the "blogosphere" to defend him-- he picked a fight and got exactly what he wanted out of it.

Probably even more than what he wanted now, as Condi lied when they sent her after him. I don't get why people are still bent out of shape over all this. Fox just got played.

APF

whytemyke said:
I don't get why librulz are still bent out of shape by all this. The moment I saw that Condi replied to it is the moment I realized that Clinton planned each part of this shit out. He doesn't need the "blogosphere" to defend him-- he picked a fight and got exactly what he wanted out of it.

Probably even more than what he wanted now, as Condi lied when they sent her after him. I don't get why people are still bent out of shape over all this. Fox just got played.
No he was ambushed!!! Who ever could have predicted that in an interview on Fox News right after the ABC docudrama fiasco Clinton would be asked pointed questions about his Administration's efforts to stop Al Qaeda??

whytemyke said:

We're not bent out of shape, we're celebrating.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
mamacint said:
We're not bent out of shape, we're celebrating.
you have a funny way of showing it.

i'd hate to be at a liberal anger-fest.

oh wait, I go to college. i'm at one all the time :lol

pxleyes

Banned
whytemyke said:

democrats have anger-fests? Really?

Does that mean Republicans have peace talks? O wait, that cant be right... :lol :lol :lol

whytemyke said:

an actual anger-fest would be when conservatives get together and start ticking off all the groups that they hate...blacks, gays, immigrants, feminists, barbara streisand (wtf is that about, get over her!), etc.

we're actually talking ideas here.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
wow, Dick Morris, what a ****. Ark-AMN seems to like him though. all the evidence points to the fact that Clinton took al-qaeda and bin laden more seriously than the new bush administration did.

and it really is hilarious how so many Americans refer to "liberals" as if it is some dirty word - often used to suggest an enemy sympathiser, a weak-spine who can't make tough decisions, some pussy who is militarily hesitant, and so on. It's the most ridiculous propaganda tool in the US. Both republicans and democrats follow liberal philosophy - you're all liberals.

now the republicans just need to accept that the Bush administration is completely incompetant and unapologetic for this, one of the worst western governments in living memory when it comes to revisionist history, guilty of cronyism to an absurd level, likely guilty of numerous criminal offenses, anything but republican in their approach, and nothing that any American should be proud of. Time for the republicans to rebuild the direction of their party and have the balls to dispose of this fiasco.

You know, this adminstration lies like most people sneeze.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/2001_memo_to_Rice_contradicts_statements_0926.html said:
A memo received by United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice shortly after becoming National Security Advisor in 2001 directly contradicts statements she made to reporters yesterday, RAW STORY has learned.

"We were not left a comprehensive strategy to fight al Qaeda," Rice told a reporter for the New York Post on Monday. "Big pieces were missing," Rice added, "like an approach to Pakistan that might work, because without Pakistan you weren't going to get Afghanistan."

Rice made the comments in response to claims made Sunday by former President Bill Clinton, who argued that his administration had done more than the current one to address the al Qaeda problem before the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. She stopped short of calling the former president a liar.

However, RAW STORY has found that just five days after President George W. Bush was sworn into office, a memo from counter-terrorism expert Richard A. Clarke to Rice included the 2000 document, "Strategy for Eliminating the Threat from the Jihadist Networks of al-Qida: Status and Prospects." This document devotes over 2 of its 13 pages of material to specifically addressing strategies for securing Pakistan's cooperation in airstrikes against al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The Pakistan obstacle

The strategy document includes "three levers" that the United States had started applying to Pakistan as far back as 1990. Sanctions, political and economic methods of persuasion are all offered as having been somewhat successful.

Other portions of the passages relating to Pakistan – marked as "operational details" – have been redacted from the declassified memo at the CIA's request.

The document also explores broader strategic approaches, such as a "need to keep in mind that Pakistan has been most willing to cooperate with us on terrorism when its role is invisible or at least plausibly deniable to the powerful Islamist right wing."

But Clarke also made it clear that the Clinton Administration recognized the problem that Pakistan posed in mounting a more sweeping campaign against bin Laden: "Overt action against bin Laden, who is a hero especially in the Pushtun-ethnic border areas near Afghanistan," Clarke speculated in late 2000, "would be so unpopular as to threaten Musharraf's government." The plan notes that, after the attack on the USS Cole, Pakistan had forbidden the United States from again violating its airspace to attack bin Laden in Afghanistan.

The memo sent by Clarke to Rice, to which the Clinton-era document was attached, also urges action on Pakistan relating to al Qaeda. "First [to be addressed,]" wrote Clarke in a list of pending issues relating to al Qaeda, is "what the administration says to the Taliban and Pakistan about ending al Qida sanctuary in Afghanistan. We are separately proposing early, strong messages on both."

A disputed history

The documents have been a source of controversy before. Rice contended in a March 22, 2004 Washington Post piece that "no al Qaeda plan was turned over to the new administration."

Two days later, Clarke insisted to the 9/11 Commission that the plan had in fact been turned over. "There's a lot of debate about whether it's a plan or a strategy or a series of options, but all of the things we recommended back in January," he told the commission, "were done after September 11th."

The memo was declassified on April 7, 2004, one day before Rice herself testified before the 9/11 Commission.

Oh Condi Condi beggin’ on my knees
Open up your heart and let me in wontcha please
Got no money but everybody knows
I love you Condi and I’ll never let you go
Sweet and dandy pretty as can be
You be the flower and I’ll be the bumble bee
Oh she loves me oops she loves me not
People say you’re cold but I think you’re hot

Oh, Condi, Condi
Oh, Condi, Condi

Oh Condi, Condi I’m talkin’ to you girl
What’s it gonna hurt come on give me a whirl
Shake your body now let me see you go
One time for me Oh Condi I love you so
Skank for me Condi show me what you got
They say you’re too uptight I say you’re not
Dance around me spinnin’ like a top
Oh Condi Condi Condi don’t ever stop

Oh Condi Condi Can’t you hear me call
I’m standin’ in the street outside your garden wall
Pocketful of money belly full of wine
Condi in my heart and romance on my mind
Listen to me Condi don’t be afraid
I come here tonight to chase your blues away
I’ll never hurt you I’ll treat you right
Oh Condaleeza won’t you come out tonight

Pretty little Condi precious as can be
Bet you never had another lover like me

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
the bush admin is just getting itself ****ing owned by the hour. they should have shut up and let this whole thing fizzle out rather than demonstrate not only their ability to lie like it's going out of fashion, but to be totally incapable of producing lies that a reporter cannot debunk within a few minutes of scanning the 9/11 commission or Clarke's book. these people belong in prison, they are a disgrace to democratic government and the ideals of the American political system

Mumbles

Templar Wizard said:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200609260002?src=newsbox-www.crooksandliars.com

i think i have to lay down after watching that.
it really is too much.

Pretty much to be expected. The only real joke here is that the people claiming that he just went completely out of control are the some ones that swore, year in and out, that he calculated *every* move to increase his popularity.

Not that I disagree with the latter - it's what almost every politician strives for in a democracy, and they basically need to. But it's pretty clear that this interview was for the liberals and moderates, and not the Fox News types who would just make up some new reason to hate him no matter what he did. No doubt, Fox found something to use to that end, but he got what he wanted as well.

Not much more to add to this I guess. I suppose all this bluster from Fox & Rush etc. are just "thinking points" to give the faithful to not stray too far off the reservation. I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. On the whole though, there's no doubt that this was a huge blow to the storyline the right has been trying to craft. Anybody who could be swing either way is not going to respond to this by thinking "Bill done gone crazy", they're gonna think "Bill kicked that pipsqueaks ass"

Go Big Dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom