• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo 2007 Platinum member presents revealed

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Jonnyram said:
That's just a reference image. I'm sure they'll design it properly - the Super Famicom text will go, there'll be a Club Nintendo logo, and all the proper buttons.... I think.

Given that it lacks joysticks, I'm rather sure you're right.

The question is whether this is primarily supposed to be a Classic Controller that LOOKS like a Super Famicom controller, or a Super Famicom controller that plugs into the Wii Remote. I'm thinking there's the good chance it's the latter, and the "Classic Controller" bit isn't quite what the original Japanese meant; a CC already looks much like a SNES controller aside from the button and plastic color, and making the special gift a differently painted CC just doesn't seem Club Nintendo enough.

Of course, this paves the way for the Famicom/NES, PC Engine/Turbo, Mega Drive/Genesis, and Neo Geo controllers.

Now I'm remembering my bewilderment over the fact that no one has released a 3rd party Classic Controller (of any sort) for the Wii yet.

john tv

MarkMan said:
OMG. I would want nothing more this Christmas than that CONTROLLER RIGHT THERE....

X_X
The controller doesn't ship until April 2008. So nobody's gettin' it for Christmas, unfortunately.

And I doubt it'll look much different from the image. It wouldn't be a Super Famicom controller, otherwise.

john tv

And confirmed -- it will almost definitely look like the SFC controller. One of the little asterisks after you reserve it says that it won't work with N64 games and some other VC software.

Jonnyram

Oblivion said:
Holy shit, a Galaxy OST? :O :O
Oh yeah, I didn't mention in the first post.

A regular Galaxy OST will be available for all Club Nintendo members for 400pts, or the discount amount of 250pts if you bought and registered Galaxy. The Platinum version has an extra disc with arranged versions. I think the regular version has 28 tracks and the platinum version 53... I can't see now because the site is chugging.

roonow

Damn...I really hope that they will have those FAMICOM/SNES classic controllers on sale in stores sometime in the future...I've been holding out on a CC and seeing this makes me want to hold out even longer!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
john tv said:
And confirmed -- it will almost definitely look like the SFC controller. One of the little asterisks after you reserve it says that it won't work with N64 games and some other VC software.

That makes more sense, then... so, when does Sega get around to releasing a Genesis/Saturn/Whatever controller for the Wii?

(Or, for that matter, a GameCube classic controller -- silly? Yes, but still neat.)

swerve

I'm getting the CD, much as I'd *love* the controller, my music collection unquestionably requires that second disk.

Wowzers! A 2-CD soundtrack! From Nintendo!!
That's the first one since the Nintendo Sound History Zelda the Music CD, isn't it? I'm looking forward to that rip a lot.

I wonder if it'll get a normal release. I for one would be confident if Nintendo just sticked to the bonus routine for releasing their soundtracks - that's not a big loss for them and a big win for us.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
john tv said:
Holy shit.

OK, getting the controller. Someone nab the CD and make mp3s for the rest of us. :)

I'm getting the controller. Sorry John. :( Who else is a platinum member this year? DC? sp0rsk?

(can you blame me? the controller is SHIT HOT)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed I got my e-mail from Nintendo about these presents.

I am definitely going with the controller, but the site seems to be getting bombed and I keep timing out. These have to be the coolest Platinum Member present yet. The controller is going to be just pure awesome.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Zefah said:
I just noticed I got my e-mail from Nintendo about these presents.

I am definitely going with the controller, but the site seems to be getting bombed and I keep timing out. These have to be the coolest Platinum Member present yet. The controller is going to be just pure awesome.

Balloon Fight was a cool present last year, but this is definitely far more worth it. I'll wait until someone rips the platinum OST.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
thetrin said:
Balloon Fight was a cool present last year, but this is definitely far more worth it. I'll wait until someone rips the platinum OST.

You're right, Balloon Fight was quite a bit of fun. They could totally make a game out of that if they fleshed it out a bit.

Sweet! My "order" went through. The wait until next April is going to suck, but I am pumped for this controller.

I wonder if anyone out there is going to order the calendar...

cvxfreak

Damn, I should have registered for Club Nintendo WAAAAY before yesterday.

What's it take to become a platinum member again? 1000 points?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
cvxfreak said:
Damn, I should have registered for Club Nintendo WAAAAY before yesterday.

What's it take to become a platinum member again? 1000 points?

It takes 400 points actually, but it needs to all be in one year.

cvxfreak

Zefah said:
It takes 400 points actually, but it needs to all be in one year.

Well that's good. I registered 300 points yesterday. But a few of the games were released in 2006 (like NSMB).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
josephdebono said:
so how exactly does this platinum member thing work? is it like the nintendo-vip for europe?

I don't know much about the European system, but I assume its similar.

A little piece of paper comes with every official Nintendo product that contains a code which you can register on their website for points. You can often get bonus points for purchasing items within a week or so after they are released. Generally the more expensive the product, the more points. You trade these points in for "presents".

There are various ranks given to members depending on how many points they have obtained in a given year. The ranks don't go away if you spend your points, but they do go away the next year and you have to build it up again.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks for the clarification...

April 2008 eh? Just in time for Chrono Trigger VC!

I WISH X_X

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
cvxfreak said:
Well that's good. I registered 300 points yesterday. But a few of the games were released in 2006 (like NSMB).

It doesn't matter when the games were released, it just matters when you decide to register them. Unfortunately, these special platinum member presents are only available for Platinum members of the 2006/10/01 - 2007/9/30 year, so any points you registered after September 30th in Japan go towards the next year.

acidviper

Banned
I demand Reggie get of his fat ass, stop looking at the prizes Miyamoto and Iwata won for him, and make getting this shit stateside priority #1 for NOA.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm so pissed off that NOA doesn't have this. From all the hardware and software I bought, I could've been a super duper quadruple platinum member.

thetrin

Zefah said:
You're right, Balloon Fight was quite a bit of fun. They could totally make a game out of that if they fleshed it out a bit.

Sweet! My "order" went through. The wait until next April is going to suck, but I am pumped for this controller.

I wonder if anyone out there is going to order the calendar...

I'm going to wait until I get home from work to do my order. The site is running like shit from this office PC.

I see your Balloon Fight, and raise you a Zekkyou Senshi Sakeburain. If that had more than one level, it could be truly awesome. I would get that day one. The CN gift was fun, but it ended too fast. :(

Zefah said:
It doesn't matter when the games were released, it just matters when you decide to register them. Unfortunately, these special platinum member presents are only available for Platinum members of the 2006/10/01 - 2007/9/30 year, so any points you registered after September 30th in Japan go towards the next year.

Right. The only thing release date of the game affects is the point value when you enter it. Games degrade in point value over time, but newly released games actually have bonus value if registered quickly.

Firestorm said:
That classic controller is hawt.

Although didn't they get DS games the last two years? I wanted that Tingle Balloon Fight one :(

If I remember correctly, 2005 was the Wii universal remote.

thetrin

josephdebono said:
PICS!!! also does it work properly?

I don't have pics, but I'm pretty sure JohnTV or Jonnyram have it. I didn't live in Japan in 2005, so I obviously wasn't able to get my hands on one.

It was basically a universal remote shaped like a wiimote.

SailorDaravon said:
I hope this stuff is at least made available for purchase as well (even if it's only in Japan, you could import), it's bad enough when they get Japan Club exclusive stuff as-is.

Never going to happen. I can almost guarantee that.

Haunted

emot-argh.gif
emot-argh.gif
emot-argh.gif
emot-argh.gif
emot-argh.gif

Valtox

thetrin said:
I'm getting the controller. Sorry John. :( Who else is a platinum member this year? DC? sp0rsk?

(can you blame me? the controller is SHIT HOT)
This year??
What does it takes to be "platinum"?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I decided, I'm not a fan of the SNES controller, and I already have 2 Classic controllers so I'm getting the platinum soundtrack.

Zeppu

sp0rsk said:
I decided, I'm not a fan of the SNES controller, and I already have 2 Classic controllers so I'm getting the platinum soundtrack.

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *share* *clap* *clap*

good decision!

colinp

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Good choice sp0rsk!

Don't forget to share the enjoyment :D

thetrin

Valtox said:
This year??
What does it takes to be "platinum"?

Point totals reset every year.

400 points between last Nov and this Sept to get Platinum.

Hooray to sp0rsk for taking one for the team!

Rotanibor

Ugh looks like I am going to have to start saving up to get the soundtrack off of ebay!

Unless that is they have an actual release out here. Which they won't.

Top Bottom