• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo 2007 Platinum member presents revealed

mutsu

Way too hard to decide between 1 & 2...

I was leaning towards 1, because disc 1 of Mario Galaxy OST will be available for exchange anyway...

But the collector's spirit inside me is telling me that I need that 2nd disc as well...

Too hard to decide...

MisterHero

sp0rsk said:
I decided, I'm not a fan of the SNES controller, and I already have 2 Classic controllers so I'm getting the platinum soundtrack.
I agree, the CC is already SNES-inspired so it doesn't add THAT much, except for its awesome look. Though perhaps an N64-shaped one might help...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
HomShaBom said:
At least we got a crappy feather stylus for buying Phantom Hourglass >_>

And a pink stylus for Kirby

and a bundle of styluses for Brain Age 2......

Is that seriously all NOA can do? Ship colored styluses?

josephdebono said:
PICS!!! also does it work properly?

Yup, does all the basics. Looks the same as a Wiimote but with some funny sqiggles:

8a4wjo5.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Slacker said:
How do you get points? Buying games? How many do you have to buy to reach the platinum level over there?

Alright, this question has been asked and answered at least 4 times in this thread already, but I'll say it again, as no one actually reads before posting.

Each game you buy has point cards in the box. The point cards have a 16 digit alpha-numeric code that you enter on the Club Nintendo site once you log in. The point value of the game depends on how old the game is, and how expensive it was originally (systems yield more points than games, for instance).

You need 400 points between Oct 06 and Sept 07 to hit Platinum status.

Oh yeah, and I picked the SFC controller. I can't wait. :D

traveler

Not Wario
I didn't realize the OST was FULLY orchestrated. I guess they went back and rerecorded some of the tracks not orchestrated in the game; that's pretty awesome.

traveler said:
I didn't realize the OST was FULLY orchestrated. I guess they went back and rerecorded some of the tracks not orchestrated in the game; that's pretty awesome.
Wait, it is!?!? Fuck you up the ass NoA!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ninj4junpei said:
Wait, it is!?!? Fuck you up the ass NoA!!!

:lol

I have no idea why this made me laugh.

Slacker

thetrin said:
Alright, this question has been asked and answered at least 4 times in this thread already, but I'll say it again, as no one actually reads before posting.

Each game you buy has point cards in the box. The point cards have a 16 digit alpha-numeric code that you enter on the Club Nintendo site once you log in. The point value of the game depends on how old the game is, and how expensive it was originally (systems yield more points than games, for instance).

You need 400 points between Oct 06 and Sept 07 to hit Platinum status.

Oh yeah, and I picked the SFC controller. I can't wait. :D
Thank you for the attitude, it is much appreciated. Now, in case you didn't make it through my whole question, I'll rephrase: How many games do you have to buy to reach the platinum level? I understand there are circumstances that affect the points you get for each one, but I'm just curious about a ballpark estimate. We talking 5 games? 25 games? 50? More?

TJ Spyke

God damn, this is the price we pay in America for getting games cheaper than other regions. Japan gets cool stuff like this, and even Europe gets points to spend on stuff (or to turn into Wii Points).

I want that soundtrack, and a SNES version of the Classic Controller.

How hard would it be for Nintendo to set up 1 worldwide program? Even let you register multiple copies of a game (1 NA and 1 PAL for example). It would get more people to participate and would be a minor boost in sales (since someone might buy a copy of Brain Age 2 from all 3 regions for example). Or at least sell some of these Club Nintendo items online.

cvxfreak

TJ Spyke said:
God damn, this is the price we pay in America for getting games cheaper than other regions. Japan gets cool stuff like this, and even Europe gets points to spend on stuff (or to turn into Wii Points).

I want that soundtrack, and a SNES version of the Classic Controller.

How hard would it be for Nintendo to set up 1 worldwide program? Even let you register multiple copies of a game (1 NA and 1 PAL for example). It would get more people to participate and would be a minor boost in sales (since someone might buy a copy of Brain Age 2 from all 3 regions for example). Or at least sell some of these Club Nintendo items online.

Copyright issues, etc. etc.

Yeah, it's so lame either way. =/

TJ Spyke

At the very least they could set up a Club Nintendo type program in each region. I want stuff like OST's, not crappy stylii. The only good items that MyNintendo ever had were "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Ocarina of Time Master Quest" and "The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition".

mj1108

WHAT THE FUCK NOA... BRING THIS HERE PLEASE!!!!

Goddamnit.

Has ANYONE ever asked Reggie in an interview why the NOA portion of Club Nintendo sucks hairy balls (aka why don't we get cool shit too?)????

If NOA won't bring this here, I support downloading the OST.

AniHawk

TJ Spyke said:
At the very least they could set up a Club Nintendo type program in each region. I want stuff like OST's, not crappy stylii. The only good items that MyNintendo ever had were "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Ocarina of Time Master Quest" and "The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition".

MyNintendo never had Master Quest. That was the preorder bonus for TWW (and it was fantastic).

Fucking Nintendo. Japan snubs SMG yet you reward them with an OST compilation and NA will probably buy the bulk of SMG sales and all we got was a measly coin.

TJ Spyke

AniHawk said:
MyNintendo never had Master Quest. That was the preorder bonus for TWW (and it was fantastic).

My bad, you are right. That was even the reason I pre-ordered TWW (I planned to get the game anyways, but pre-ordered after hearing about the bonus).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
titiklabingapat said:
Fucking Nintendo. Japan snubs SMG yet you reward them with an OST compilation and NA will probably buy the bulk of SMG sales and all we got was a measly coin.

American Nintendo Fans: SWEET! A MARIO COIN

Reggie: Don't spend it all in one place!

Japan Nintendo Fans: SWEET! SFC CLASSIC CONTROLLER AND A MARIO SOUNDTACK!!

Iwata:
6ta8pza.jpg

America fans: REEEEEEEEEEEEEGGIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reggie:
71nqh4i.jpg

Miyamoto:
714hfep.jpg

I want the soundtrack and controller, this isnt fair, I have tons of import DS games so let me have them already.

and the Mario coin is badass, you can use it...to be a coin.

swerve

It varies from game to game, and you get a bonus for registering games within their launch window. But in my experience it's something like this:

Nunchuck = 10 points
DS = 50 points
Wii game = 30 points (plus another 30 for early registration)
DS game = 20 points (plus another 20 for early registration)

You can only register the same title once, even if you bought it three times (to prevent against used game stores hoarding more points than god). Also of note: games 'expire' after about two years and can't be registered any longer.

Edit: so in answer to your question, somewhere from seven early registered Wii games to twenty late registered DS games in a year. Or more likely a mix of the two. The neat thing about the annual presents is that they don't actually cost you points - you can have used all your points up on other stuff, but you keep a running tally of 'this year's points' which is used to decide if you made it to platinum status.

It still amazes me why Nintendo haven't release Wii-enabled NES/SNES/N64 controllers or adapters for old controllers to work. The classic controller is great and everything but I'd much rather be using my trusty N64 pad for Starfox.

miyuru

swerve said:
Edit: so in answer to your question, somewhere from seven early registered Wii games to twenty late registered DS games in a year. Or more likely a mix of the two. The neat thing about the annual presents is that they don't actually cost you points - you can have used all your points up on other stuff, but you keep a running tally of 'this year's points' which is used to decide if you made it to platinum status.

Wow that sounds way too easy :(

WTF?!? Now it's really playing SNES when you play SNES games. DO WANT!

FU NOA!

Also, lol @ playasia for not bothering with the calendar.

Lucky

GhostSeed said:
Thanks for the heads up. I thought I'd have to splurge on eBay. Normally I don't buy anything during the time when its easy to get them, but this time, most definitely.

thetrin

Slacker said:
Thank you for the attitude, it is much appreciated. Now, in case you didn't make it through my whole question, I'll rephrase: How many games do you have to buy to reach the platinum level? I understand there are circumstances that affect the points you get for each one, but I'm just curious about a ballpark estimate. We talking 5 games? 25 games? 50? More?

Well, if you register a bunch of newish but not brand new DS games, that's 20 points each. it's 400 to get platinum.

20 games.

Christian

I pre-ordered at NCS, the soundtrack. Knowing how limited and expensive Nintendo soundtracks inevitably always become, I can't pass up the opportunity. It's incredible that we have the chance to get it at all, from a site like that...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Banned
That controller is the dream that I had when I heard of the VC and a modular controller.

Praise the lord!

Make em easy to get on retail now!

Top Bottom