• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

jimi_dini

Not on me but I believe it is expired. Metroid Other M expires this month (just entered the code in) and IIRC it came out about 5 months before that. Given it is Sin and Punishment 2 I doubt it had the expiry extended (only bestsellers and Nintendo selects get this).

This code expired at 07 December 2013.
Club Nintendo codes will normally expire in 3 and a half years after release.

It's a great game and should be low in price.

Dang, thanks. Will think it through.

Peagles

Not on me but I believe it is expired. Metroid Other M expires this month (just entered the code in) and IIRC it came out about 5 months before that. Given it is Sin and Punishment 2 I doubt it had the expiry extended (only bestsellers and Nintendo selects get this).

In that case, any Kiwis or Aussies needing a code?

Nullgradkelvin

Neo Member
Same date here. The code of my copy also expired on Dec 7th 2013.

Yes, it will always expire at the same date, albeit I'm not sure if reprints/rereleases (like Nintendo Selects) will extend the expiration date.
The cards, containing the PIN code, are universally used in all of their different European packaged versions of the game.
Hence the card is written in 7 languages (EN, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT and PT).

The European packaged versions are usually assembled in Germany, where Nintendo of Europe's headquarter lies.

So yesterday opened my New Super Mario bros case and found the Club Nintendo slip. It wasn't scratched off (I thought I had registered it) and it said expires 24/08/12. Oh dear.

Well it registered. I figured I had a chance as the game must have had new shipments after 2009 (I'm not sure if dates are extended based on final print run or selling lots of copies, the latter is how it works in Japan).

Erm I spoke too soon it would seem:
406 - Invalid Input

Please review the content you tried to enter and try again.

If you receive this message again, please contact our customer support for more details, specifying the following error code:
*blank in case it is used*
Edit: I used the browsers back button. It seemed it did not like the £ symbol being used in the input field? How else do I describe that only reason I bought NSMB is I got it for £15 factory sealed.

L~A

BfzPorMCAAEsLdn.png:large

2 500 stars each.

3bdelilah

Banned
Does anybody know if one would lose his points on the Wii if I link another Club Nintendo account? Because I don't need my 2000 Stars and I want to gift them to my little sisters, but they already have some points on it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Does anybody know if one would lose his points on the Wii if I link another Club Nintendo account? Because I don't need my 2000 Stars and I want to gift them to my little sisters, but they already have some points on it.

you can't mix and match two accounts.

3bdelilah

Banned
you can't mix and match two accounts.

Fuck. Little sister forgot her password. I suppose it's not possible to sign off and then, after linking my own CN, signing in on her account without the password she forgot? I mean like if it remembers the passwords.

Fuck. Little sister forgot her password. I suppose it's not possible to sign off and then, after linking my own CN, signing in on her account without the password she forgot? I mean like if it remembers the passwords.

Not sure why you would want to link your console to your CN account and then back to the other one, but if you just forgot your Club Nintendo password, you can go to the Nintendo Homepage to reset it. Just try to login, then click "forgot your password".
You'll need access to the email address you used when registering.

3bdelilah

Banned
You'll need access to the email address you used when registering.

That's the problem, she forgot the password for the email address she used when she linked it to the Wii. Ah well, fuck it. Thanks anyways. Might just buy a shitty NES game and then sign in with my own account in stead of theirs.

I asked Nintendo UK customer services if the surveys would ever come back (as they promised they would). They have no official announcement at this time...which is a change from the "yes in the future" I got about a year ago.

They show up as registered but give no surveys. Same as VC games.
Even ones bought after the cut-off?

also

Banned
I asked Nintendo UK customer services if the surveys would ever come back (as they promised they would). They have no official announcement at this time...which is a change from the "yes in the future" I got about a year ago.

Even ones bought after the cut-off?

Cut-off?

also

Banned
I meant redesign (May 2012). I know things purchased before the redesign show up in registered products.
Yes. I bought DSi Ware and VC stuff after May 2012 and it shows up under my account. However, it seems to be buggy because Mega Man 3 and Sonic 2 GG (bought them last November) didn't show up but other VC games purchased before and after did. I never unlinked my CN account so I don't know why it happened.

I would speculate the pricing being cheaper is due to the Club Nintendo being younger so to speak (initially European codes worked but recently this is no longer true) or having less users with more than that many stars (they must be able to run analysis and see how many users have so many stars and strategically price things accordingly).

Yes. I bought DSi Ware and VC stuff after May 2012 and it shows up under my account. However, it seems to be buggy because Mega Man 3 and Sonic 2 GG (bought them last November) didn't show up but other VC games purchased before and after did. I never unlinked my CN account so I don't know why it happened.
Art Style AQITE did not show up for me so could be the bug you mention. I have unlinked before though (switching to some countries does this but others leave the link present but the text says it won't track). For 50 stars in a survey I will never be able to do I'm not bothered.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey guys, I've got an EU Wii Party U star points code to trade for a different game I don't own already (3DS, Wii, Wii U...). Got 2 Party U bundles and you can only register one obviously.

PM me if interested.

daxy

I should never have spent stars on that XL charger. Who'd have thought Nintendo was going to put up something good after years of garbage ;____;

Andrefpvs

Received that today :

They're not quite as thin as regular carboard card, but they're the same size. Really shiny :)

Would you recommend them? I'm not sure what to get, and I have some stars expiring this month.

Do they look like they could be damaged easily?

RiggyRob

Oh, this reminds me - if anyone missed out on the Mario Kart 7 Lightning trophy, it's back on the Stars Catalogue (5000 stars).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hi everyone
I've got a COD BLOPS2 Wii U code to trade with another Wii U/3DS code. Anyone interested?
It's the PAL version!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hmph. 500 stars expiring at the end of the month. What to spend it on :/

EDIT: Game & Watch Ball it is. I like Game & Watch, but Ball is a pretty boring one. Would've preferred Octopus, Parachute, Turtle Bridge, but what can you do.

L~A

It was actually added last Thursday :eek:

The best thing is, people from the UK already started receiving their copy yesterday... that's awfully quick, for once! Hope the rest of Europe follows suite this week :)

It was actually added last Thursday :eek:

The best thing is, people from the UK already started receiving their copy yesterday... that's awfully quick, for once! Hope the rest of Europe follows suite this week :)

I already ordered mine! :D
However I didn't know when it was added but it's nice that it's still there! xD
What a glorious OST, guys.

Top Bottom