• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

TheMoon

Luigi Diorama: 7000 stars (EU), 5000 stars (AU)
MK7 trophies: 5000 stars each
Zelda Carry Case: 4000 stars (EU), 2400 stars (AU)

Guesstimates:
Toad Lamp: Majora's Mask lamp was 6000 stars
Goodbye Coin: Mario 25th/Year of Luigi coin was 1500 stars
MK8 OST (2CD): Super Mario 3D World/ALBW OSTs, both 2CDs also, were 3000 stars
Club Nintendo Game Card Case 2nd Edition: 1st edition case was 1250 stars
Super Mario Card Matching Game: the Mario playing cards were 3000 stars in EU and 2000 stars in AU

BraXzy

Thank fuck I've waited before blowing my final points. I was hoping for the trophies to come back, how much were they again? 5k?

Oooooh some of that looks cool.

How much were/are the trophies? I really like the look of them. Thank god I saved my stars. I have 4000 ish in my account if I remember correctly.

BraXzy

Luigi Diorama: 7000 stars (EU), 5000 stars (AU)
MK7 trophies: 5000 stars each
Zelda Carry Case: 4000 stars (EU), 2400 stars (AU)

NOOO! I have 4500 stars. You've got to be kidding me.

Is there any way I can get 500 extra stars on my account at this point?

MLH

I wanna see what this Kirby's Dream Blanket looks like...

I believe it's been up on the Club Nintendo Japan store:

DnHcxYn.jpg

sodZF1u.jpg

oAEuNH8.jpg

illusionary

Oh wow, too much choice there! I'm just shy of 7,000 stars and the Luigi diorama, MK8 trophies, MK8 soundtrack and goodbye coin are all rather tempting and sound like they should be in reach. Much as I'm a Zelda fan, I'm very glad not to have spent my Stars on what looks to be quite a plasticky lamp!

lewisgone

I need to buy a couple older 3DS games. No way am I missing out on the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack.

I wish they would sell this stuff as well. I don't know how some people have so many points.

GRW810

Those are some cool additions to the catalogue. Wish I had thousands of stars to spend on Luigi dioramas and Captain Toad lamps. Instead I have enough for Duck Hunt and a 3DS theme.

Nope, that much was clear a while ago. What Japan doesn't get, we don't get. And they aren't getting anything big anymore either.

Deep down I knew that MK8 was the next and possibly last in line.

Actually I'm pretty sure the Captain Toad lamp will exceed my star range so maybe I'll be going for that CD anyway.

TheMoon

I'm holding out a small glimmer of hope that we'll also get the Staff Roll double CD at the end like Japan. it compiled the credits themes from a ton of games throughout all of their game history (DKCTF included ironically) onto a double disc with an awesome slipcase and booklet. Goes for way too much on eBay so please don't make me sad NOE/NCL.

Woo trophies!! :D I've wanted them for so long, sounds like we're getting them in NZ/Aus too this time so I'm pretty happy about that!

My to get list:

- Trophies!!
- Mario Kart 8 OST
- Goodbye CN Coin

Hope I have enough points for all that saved up. I was planning on getting a couple of digital games but I guess comparatively they're not super super important. :p

bought SMT IV last week on sale, didn't give me any stars anymore. :(

It's only 50 stars anyway as It's a downloadable only title in PAL territory.

Will this be the last bunch of items coming to europe? I want the Diorama, but it's too much.... Probably gonna get a trophy or just the MK8 OST CD.

Steph_E.

I'm afraid the Mario party points would have expired in March.
If you are after the lost levels on the 3DS those levels can be unlocked in 'Super Mario Bros. Deluxe' which was offered for free a little while back.

Your Mario Party 10 copy will come with a CN points card that has an expiration date of March 31, 2015. You won't be getting any stars from that.

The MP10 was only released in March! If the points expire at the end of March that is outrageous. I know that games released after 1 April do not get points, but MP10 was released in March, so it should be possible to get the points and use them up until 30 September.

I already have just enough for Super Mario Lost levels, so for me personally it is not a problem. BUT it is not really fair is it?

Craft

The MP10 was only released in March! If the points expire at the end of March that is outrageous. I know that games released after 1 April do not get points, but MP10 was released in March, so it should be possible to get the points and use them up until 30 September.

I already have just enough for Super Mario Lost levels, so for me personally it is not a problem. BUT it is not really fair is it?

I've got a feeling that they had originally planned to close the service in March, and for whatever reason this was extended but by that time the cards had already been printed, it sucks that they can't update the expiry date on their database though.

CengizMan

I just got a newsletter. More items soon. Here a\re some lazy, hotlinked, img dumps:
CN_Ending_Reminder_Mail_part1_enGB.jpg

CN_Ending_Reminder_Mail_part2_enGB.jpg

Hope you did not spend all your stars on a download of Chibi Robo.

I have more than 9000 stars. Might get the Super Mario Coaster Set and the Club Nintendo Goodbye Coin. Not sure how many stars I'll have left by then.

Steph_E.

I've got a feeling that they had originally planned to close the service in March, and for whatever reason this was extended but by that time the cards had already been printed, it sucks that they can't update the expiry date on their database though.

UPDATE: Postman has just delivered MP10. I have registered it in Club Nintendo and I have received 250 points!
So I withdraw my above comments re Nintendo.
(Even though I never did get my 250 points for Super Mario 3D World as they insisted the code had already been used, even though I bought it from Amazon brand new and sealed!)

Pandy

I've seen those Mario Kart 7 trophies in person. The Leaf is huge, weights a ton and looks amazing, the rest aren't that good.
I think you've seen the special Leaf trophy that Nintendo give out for competitions. Which is indeed the most amazing thing I've ever seen, and I was gutted to only be spectating (I'd missed the competition entry due to work) :(

The Club Nintendo ones are much smaller, and all approximately the same size.

OCD Guy

What do people think the chances of the 2nd dlc for mario kart being added to the catalogue?

I got the 1st dlc using my stars and would love to be able to get the 2nd. I know it's not expensive, but I've got lots of stars sitting there and nothing else interests me.

TheMoon

???

Japan didn't get the Toad Lamp? And they also didn't get the Majora's Mask lamp?
US got some posters, that Japan didn't get? Or did they?

My brain is only thinking in terms of soundtracks. Sorry, should've specified.

It's only 50 stars anyway as It's a downloadable only title in PAL territory.

I know, I still wanted my 50 stars.

UPDATE: Postman has just delivered MP10. I have registered it in Club Nintendo and I have received 250 points!
So I withdraw my above comments re Nintendo.
(Even though I never did get my 250 points for Super Mario 3D World as they insisted the code had already been used, even though I bought it from Amazon brand new and sealed!)

But hilariously, if you check the slip it will say it expired March 31 regardless. I bet they're just being nice.

Didn't all Codes from PAL games work on any European club Nintendo? My German friend can't use mine it seems (I'm from the Netherlands). Anyone else experience problems like that?

Didn't all Codes from PAL games work on any European club Nintendo? My German friend can't use mine it seems (I'm from the Netherlands). Anyone else experience problems like that?

Some few codes seem to randomly have lost their value. A friend of mine tried to use his Bayonetta (+2) codes which didn't work and I couldn't register my N3DS either, even though it still came with a code (in both cases, the codes were also still fresh). All the others we had still worked though.

Some few codes seem to randomly have lost their value. A friend of mine tried to use his Bayonetta (+2) codes which didn't work and I couldn't register my N3DS either, even though it still came with a code (in both cases, the codes were also still fresh). All the others we had still worked though.

Well, for him they just so they're used or expired and so on. While they're just a few months old and I just scratched em open too. Tested with MM3D, didn't work for him but worked for me. I don't get it, I thought the region lock was only for like EU vs US, but seems they did it for smaller countries too those stingy bastards.

TheMoon

Your N3DS most certainly did not come with a code and the Bayonetta codes officially expired on March 31.

Posted these in the other thread but no one seemed to notice. I won't hide them this time.

48OKR0ZY6BDMQC1k
Y4NRZQL1YUIIL8QA

They were both taken in the other thread, just the people who claimed them never said so. Well, to be more accurate, the first code gave an invalid error and the second was taken.

Top Bottom