• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Platinum Present 2006

AniHawk

I hate that people could register 5,000 games, but all NoA's EVER done is Zelda CE, Nintendogs (for select special people), a Kirby stylus, and 3 months of NP.

The Zelda thing was pretty damn cool. A shame we don't see more stuff like that.

Anyone know if Tingle's Balloon Fight is any good? I'm here in Japan the next few days and am looking for a good import game to buy. I have a DS, PSP, and Xbox 360. I would have bought Lost Planet, but it's NTSC-J only.... Are there any import games I NEED to buy while I'm here (I can't read Japanese BTW, so no Jeanne D'Arc or other RPGs). Thanks much

donny2112

mikekennyb said:
Anyone know if Tingle's Balloon Fight is any good? I'm here in Japan the next few days and am looking for a good import game to buy.

You can't buy it. It is only for Club Nintendo members with 400+ points earned in 2006.

Import games? Phoenix Wright 2 (has an English option and won't be out in the U.S. for a few months), Jump Superstars, and Jump Ultimate Superstars come to mind.

I don't even know why I bother to register my games with NoA anymore, it's not like they hand out cool shit like NoJ. Well it's not like NoA hands out anything on a consistent basis. There was that Zelda compilation, the Metroid Prime 2 demo and 3 free issues of Nintendo Power and those were given out when? 2 years ago?

Grok4Spock

PiccoloCube said:
this makes me wish Nintendo was an american-based company.

or at least that NCL handled Nintendo products in the whole planet.
They do to a certain extent. A lot of what NOA and NOE do has to go through NCL. Besides that, I'd much rather have cheesy desktop wallpaper than some stupid limited edition game...

Link

The Autumn Wind
AniHawk said:
I hate that people could register 5,000 games, but all NoA's EVER done is Zelda CE, Nintendogs (for select special people), a Kirby stylus, and 3 months of NP.

The Zelda thing was pretty damn cool. A shame we don't see more stuff like that.
Yeah, it's like they forgot they had a program or something.

apujanata

How many points you get for registering NDS game during launch week ?

Just curious how many games are needed to get the 400 points requirement.

kamikaze

once again, F*CK YOU NOA for not doing stuff like this! :(

what's more annoying is i've bought a decent amount of new japanese wii/ds/gc games this year to qualify if i lived in japan.

RaidenZR

I have a bunch of games I imported this year and I'm wondering if someone in Japan would be nice enough and willing to swag this for me. I'd donate my extra points to you as payment, if it so pleased the individual.

Lee N

Membre
Found a couple of screenshots, but I think they're mockups by some fan rather than the real deal. Should give you an idea of what to expect though.

tinglebf_title.png

tinglebf_stage.png

tinglebf_trip.png

tinglebf_bf_bonus.png

tinglebf_stage4p.png

tinglebf_bf_bonus2p.png

tinglebf_greatbay4p.png

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I`m glad CN actually emails its members with reminders. I had no idea I qualified as a platinum member until I got the alert e-mail. For those who are platinum members, select your CN gift, because the last date to do it is January 21st!

Anyway, I selected Tingle Balloon Fight. Can`t wait. :D

Lee N

Membre
Has anyone gotten their Tingle Balloon Fight yet? The the club nintendo page said it would ship in april.

I recommend not doing what I did, and instead doing what I describe later.

I signed up for the Mii battery cover, figuring everyone and his mother would go for the game, making the other one the rarer collectible. I also knew Tingle's Balloon Fight would provide me with approximately 5 minutes of entertainment, after which I would put it back in the box and never touch it again. I didn't really need a battery cover with Generic Young White Guy on it, though, so I thought I'd make it something recognizable that I could eBay.

I thought I'd made a half-decent Celda-style Link.

462868722_bd54d122be_m.jpg

But it didn't really end up looking like Link at all.

462868720_afe56f6728_m.jpg

And to make matters worse, I realized afterwards that I was holding in my hand an official Nintendo product with a word of my choice printed on it, and that word was not "Cockmonger."

So please, young Gaffers, learn from my mistake. Send in a Mii named "Cockmonger." It's Nintendo of Japan; they can't be checking English names that closely.

Lee N

Membre
Jonnyram said:
下旬 typically means 20-30 of the month.
You're right of course.. I was just being overly optimistic about it.

Nonetheless, it should show up soon. :p

Lee N

Membre
Reno said:
I just got mine

464041863_f63d67092b.jpg

And a screenshot
464041937_c9a6982cf1.jpg

ooh.

I guess I wasn't too optimistic after all. I can see they made new graphics for it, what about the music? Have you tried the multiplayer at all? Tell mee! :)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Music is alright but i can't remember it too well. I only played for 10 minutes before going to bed. The game supports up to 4 players, and has single cart multiplayer too. :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My copy of Tingle Balloon Fight was found half stuffed into my mail slot this morning. Haven't opened it up yet, but I'm pumped. :D

Jefklak

Reno said:
Music is alright but i can't remember it too well. I only played for 10 minutes before going to bed. The game supports up to 4 players, and has single cart multiplayer too. :D

oh shit. oh shit :)

Nintendo really ought to make more games like this, like Tingle's Excitebike (with online racing and downloadable player-created tracks) or Tingle's Golf (online).

Just got back from SoftMap in Akihabara, where they had a copy sitting on the display table. Figured I'd take a chance and pick it up. I'm enjoying it so far, only got to play it for about 15 minutes so far.

thetrin

Ongakuhenjin said:
Just got back from SoftMap in Akihabara, where they had a copy sitting on the display table. Figured I'd take a chance and pick it up. I'm enjoying it so far, only got to play it for about 15 minutes so far.

Wow, they had it for sale? This may sound strange but...that kind of sucks. It was sold by a Club Nintendo member I'm guessing.

I think the store most likely has a Club Nintendo account & got it in. I was in Nakano at Mandarake and they had 2 of them, one sealed, one open, both with shipping boxes and letter from Club Nintendo. But either way, I got one & I'm happy about it.

It hit Usenet 2 days ago...(for those into the illegal ways to play DS games)

I bought mine on eBay for 40 dollars a few days ago, should arrive like early next week.

TJ Spyke

I am really attempted to try and get a copy on eBay, I am hoping this wil get released in North America since even that other Tingle game is getting localized (although it's unlikely since it's just a Club Nintendo game).

Zynx

Ongakuhenjin said:
Huh? How much did they charge for it? Even stores are aware of EBay value nowadays?

TJ Spyke said:
I am really attempted to try and get a copy on eBay, I am hoping this wil get released in North America since even that other Tingle game is getting localized (although it's unlikely since it's just a Club Nintendo game).
AFAIK, "that other tingle game" is not getting localized. Do you have any proof (links) of such a claim?

Oh, and you might as well get the game off eBay ;)

Shiggy

Mr_Furious said:
AFAIK, "that other tingle game" is not getting localized. Do you have any proof (links) of such a claim?

Well, the game is already localised, at least it was playable with English subtitles at some kind of NoE event ;)

Top Bottom