• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Yes they have been obvious. I'm referring specifically to the day they release the name. The reaction will be interesting. I wonder if there will a Twitter rant?
Expecting one this morning

If he goes quiet it will be even more interesting
Roger stone and Hannity are having brain embolisms

Seriously it's most likely Flynn. He had some dealings in Russia and didn't file proper paperwork. The big cats like Manafort and Podesta will come later

That's no joking matter and I hope your wrong. Could the release of the JFK into been a bit of a diversion too.
No, that was agreed 25 years ago. All Trump did was not block it.

Can someone create another site for politics? Threads of this nature is what caused alot of the gaf issues in the first place.
If there is absolutely no discussion of important things like this then there is no point in this forum.

OuterLimits

Seriously it's most likely Flynn. He had some dealings in Russia and didn't file proper paperwork. The big cats like Manafort and Podesta will come later

Flynn also had some dealings with Turkey.

Dude got fired from two consecutive administrations...lol

FWIW The lawyer representing Manafort says he has not been notified of anything.

Flynn is not bigger than Manafort. No way no how.... Yes, Tony Podesta.
Flynn as he involves Russia is bigger than manafort who is mainly in trouble for personal reasons: tax dodging money laundering and Ukraine.

So in my book hearing Flynn getting done is a lot bigger than manafort as Flynn may have interesting insight into russia quid pro quo.

Flynn as he involves Russia is bigger than manafort who is mainly in trouble for personal reasons: tax dodging money laundering and Ukraine.

So in my book hearing Flynn getting done is a lot bigger than manafort as Flynn may have interesting insight into russia quid pro quo.

Flynn's stuff is more bookkeeping and paperwork. It's an open and shut case really.
Failing to disclose, etc....

Flynn's stuff is more bookkeeping and paperwork. It's an open and shut case really.
Failing to disclose, etc....

It depends what he is indicted for and how much he wants to say to get a plea bargain. All is unknown. But I don't think the first indictment is a trivial matter. It should be part of a squeeze on bigger fish.

It depends what he is indicted forc and how much he wants to say to get a plea bargain. All is unknown. But I don't think the first indictment is a trivial matter. It should be part of a squeeze on bigger fish.
I agree with what you're saying, and this will be a big story..... but not in any way showing collusion.

Swass

There hasn't been a whole lot of talk about Flynn, I think it's Manafort.. but it would be incredible if it was Kushner.

I just finished watching the Netflix documentary on Roger Stone (I highly recommend), and so this comes as especially good news. I doubt we will, but it would be great if we actually see live footage of someone doing the perp walk on Monday.

I agree with what you're saying, and this will be a big story..... but not in any way showing collusion.

I have no idea how anyone can be confident enough of anything at this point to write off any connections.

Wikileaks and hackers and Russia ad buys and voter system probing and so on I think it's highly likely to not have happened on the far side of a firewall.
There were holes, and was information going back and forth IMO. Whether that's enough for a court we have to see.

McLovin

I hope this doesn’t get closed, I wasn’t always on poligaf but if I saw a thread blow up on here I know it’s actual news. Gaf is way more reliable and faster then actual tv news.

I have no idea how anyone can be confident enough of anything at this point to write off any connections.

Wikileaks and hackers and Russia ad buys and voter system probing and so on I think it's highly likely to not have happened on the far side of a firewall.
There were holes, and was information going back and forth IMO. Whether that's enough for a court we have to see.

This first charge won't be big based off the media reaction. It would be blowing up like crazy in DC right now if it showed collusion. It's either Flynn or Manafort.

plasmasd

I hope this doesn’t get closed, I wasn’t always on poligaf but if I saw a thread blow up on here I know it’s actual news. Gaf is way more reliable and faster then actual tv news.
This has always been my use of off topic. Gaf beat CNN on the Tsunami in Japan and has been lightning fast on news for years

ZOONAMI

Why would Flynn and Manafort do all this on their own or for personal gain me thinks. Has to come from the top.

The meetings with kremlin lawyers and spy ambassadors and jr’s emails make that pretty clear. It’s kind of a foregone conclusion but it’s a matter of Mueller finding verifiable dirt that Trump himself was aware of and approved of collaboration with Russian interference.

It’s really pretty amazing there hasn’t been more fallout from all of this given Manafort was the fucking manager of the campaign, and that Flynn was actually part of the administration early on. It’s amazing the GOP just does not seem to give a fuck.

I predict that the low level guys that get scooped first will be used by trump and fox as ammunition for “ look see, trump isn’t arrested he is clear mueller is done now”

Here is an interesting idea.
Michael Cohen?

Evidence:
A) he knows all on every shady deal
B) he was going to appear for the senate committee but it got canned at the last minute this week
C) he listed his nyc house for sale - needs cash
D) it was revealed he was laundering 20m through property transactions this week
E) he is the least likely to roll for Mueller and the most likely to be pardoned by trump

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Roger Stones account is suspended on twitter.

DNQTFXeVAAABGBk

Top Bottom