• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal Judge tells off Mueller in Manafort court case; suspects Mueller of just wanting to impeach Trump

Ke0

Please keep calling all Republicans and anyone who voted for Trump neo-nazis and white supremacists, it will only make his re-election more assured.

Too bad I didn't say that, but please continue the persecution complex so many of you Americans are good at.

Ke0

This guy did:

Which is who he immediately posted after.

Where does it say all Republicans? And he said that in response to my tweet where I also didn't said all Republicans.

So where did pramod get "all Republicans" from? Again this weird unnecessary persecution complex

Last edited:

bigedole

If all you want is say lower taxes, you're paying a heavy price to get it.

We don't just want lower taxes, we also want meaningful immigration reform, reduced interventionism abroad and to at least maintain the conservative/liberal split on the supreme court among many other things. Trump does a lot wrong, especially in how he presents himself to the world, but for people to sit at their computers and pretend he has accomplished nothing is hilarious. It's the same kind of make-believe fantasy land everyone was living in up to the night of the election.

I have no clue what will happen in 2020, but I hope people make a better attempt to confront some type of objective take on reality than they did in 2016. People who want those things are not neo-nazi racists, they're just regular every-day type of people and any given person probably knows quite a few.

We don't just want lower taxes, we also want meaningful immigration reform, reduced interventionism abroad and to at least maintain the conservative/liberal split on the supreme court among many other things. Trump does a lot wrong, especially in how he presents himself to the world, but for people to sit at their computers and pretend he has accomplished nothing is hilarious. It's the same kind of make-believe fantasy land everyone was living in up to the night of the election.

I have no clue what will happen in 2020, but I hope people make a better attempt to confront some type of objective take on reality than they did in 2016. People who want those things are not neo-nazi racists, they're just regular every-day type of people and any given person probably knows quite a few.

You're not getting immigration reform, intervention, or judicial split. And yes, racists are everyday people too. It's easy to justify throwing someone else away if you are seemingly the benefactor, and not in risk. That is trumps policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TarNaru33

Banned
Every Joe having a gun does not "cost" 30k lives a year. Violence in the US is heavily concentrated, with most lives taken being from suicides.

If it is a sociological study, there is plenty of doubt to be had in how the study was conducted.

I meant to reword that, but forgot.

Suicides are usually impulse driven. I personally know 3 people who would not be here today if they had a gun available to them, as they failed suicide attempts. So i include all suicide by guns as a cost.

I meant to reword that, but forgot.

Suicides are usually impulse driven. I personally know 3 people who would not be here today if they had a gun available to them, as they failed suicide attempts. So i include all suicide by guns as a cost.

Most suicides are committed by 30ish-50ish white males due to stress and anxiety stemming from dissatisfaction with life, lack of success, and financial pressures. I see no reason to think that suicide rate would plummet dramatically in the US by further restricting guns when Japan, a country with similarly-motivated suicides, has a much higher suicide rate and heavily restricts guns.

Suicides are more of a cultural problem than a policy problem. The US will always have a higher suicide rate than other European-descended countries because we have a different culture regarding life expectations than them.

TarNaru33

Banned
Most suicides are committed by 30ish-50ish white males due to stress and anxiety stemming from dissatisfaction with life, lack of success, and financial pressures. I see no reason to think that suicide rate would plummet dramatically in the US by further restricting guns when Japan, a country with similarly-motivated suicides, has a much higher suicide rate and heavily restricts guns.

Suicides are more of a cultural problem than a policy problem. The US will always have a higher suicide rate than other European-descended countries because we have a different culture regarding life expectations than them.

Yes, i am aware of all of that, especially the japanese suicide rate. i still deem it a cost to society, because many of those deaths likely would have been preventable without such easy access to a quick death.

Again, i know people that were saved because we had time to get them treatment (all three overdosed and were found in time). You dont get that chance if they have a gun, unless they stalled.

Top Bottom