• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Mueller told former Trump campaign chairman Manafort to expect an indictment

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
"93% of the time, it works every time." - The Mueller Guarantee

I can't believe someone seriously came in this thread an unironically posted a federal indicrment meant nothing. That's pretty much thread shitting at this point

Trump turns on the TV to see Manafort being taken out in handcuffs.

He quickly tweets out an announcement that he'll be firing Sessions.

Then he runs to the Oval Office and turns on the light, only to see Mueller sitting at his desk.

"Trying to stop me from filing charges against you? Did you think I'd show my hand if there was any way for you to stop me?

I did it thirty minutes ago."

Comey steps out of the curtains and slaps Trump in handcuffs.

FlJiUdg.gif

This is good news to hear though I assume it's foolish of me to hope this news somehow someway stops/scares congress from their focus of trying to ram their repeal bill before the deadline?

Nekofrog

Banned
If Trump is playing 3d chess and Mueller is playing 4d Othello, who is playing 3d dot heroes? I can't keep up on the games these kids play nowadays

didn't Bill Browder in his testimony directly name a damn syndicate that some of these pro-Putin scum probably have ties to..? Brotherhood something iirc... one of the biggest crime syndicates in the world? i may be way off base here though lol (watched the testimony tired at work).

oh man imagine..

That's the Klyuev Group, the criminal conspiracy with heavy ties to Russian tax offices and law enforcement. They defrauded Western companies of their Russian assets and then engineered the death of lawyer Sergei Magnitsky when he tried to expose their money laundering setup.

A lot of money flowing into the US lobbying circuit to fight the Magnitsky Act has been traced to Klyuev but I can't recall any direct connection with Manafort or the Trump Campaign.

However, Manafort's finances have been murky (see the Ukranian 'black ledger' affair) so it's possible Mueller is drilling down to find such links.

Locke562

You don't need the absurd number (not to mention caliber) of attorneys Mueller has assembled to just go after Manafort. This is just the opening salvo.

You don't need the absurd number (not to mention caliber) of attorneys Mueller has assembled to just go after Manafort. This is just the opening salvo.

Suddenly today Don Jr is also stopping his secret service detail that follows him everywhere he goes. Suspicious.

Shadybiz

Then he runs to the Oval Office and turns on the light, only to see Mueller sitting at his desk.

"Trying to stop me from filing charges against you? Did you think I'd show my hand if there was any way for you to stop me?

Comey slowly reaches his hand to his face, and starts to pull up. We see that James Comey was actually Obama wearing a mask all along!

Trump, in his custom-made handcuffs (made for tiny hands) starts to tremble in fear. He looks to Obama without meeting his eyes, and meekly says "What do you have on me? For the love of all that is holy, it's not the....."

Obama, chuckling lightly, finishes Trump's sentence. "...The Chaos Emeralds?? Haha...no no Donald....we have the Co Fee Fee Tape."

M.Bluth

Mueller Time news always puts a big smile on my face. Details of the raid are boss as fuck!!

Having recently watched Get Me Roger Stone, I hope that fucker also gets dragged down with his best buddy Manafort

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
At this point, until there's actual indictments, or a "pee-pee" video released.. it's hard to get too excited anymore.

We've had so many "big moments" that haven't turned into much yet.. but damn I want this shit to happen.

According to the article, they imply that it's based on tax law violations and money laundering. I mean, Manafort going down for that wouldn't be all that shocking (considering his financial ties to Russia)

Money laundering?

Give me an "R"!

R!

Give me an "I"!

I!

Give me a "C"!

C

Give me an "O"!

O!

What's that spell? FUCKED!

n0razi

I like how the first thing he does is tweet

That's the Klyuev Group, the criminal conspiracy with heavy ties to Russian tax offices and law enforcement. They defrauded Western companies of their Russian assets and then engineered the death of lawyer Sergei Magnitsky when he tried to expose their money laundering setup.

A lot of money flowing into the US lobbying circuit to fight the Magnitsky Act has been traced to Klyuev but I can't recall any direct connection with Manafort or the Trump Campaign.

However, Manafort's finances have been murky (see the Ukranian 'black ledger' affair) so it's possible Mueller is drilling down to find such links.

This is what Putin and trump claimed to talk about, and that trump jr claimed was the topic of his meeting with putins lawyer, correct? thats the connection

Top Bottom