• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at people thinking scumbags like Stone, Manafort, Flynn, and Page wouldn't immediately flip to save themselves. They'd literally be put to death for treason if they didn't make a deal. You think they're willing to die for Trump?

Lol cmon, no one is going to be put to death

I was getting kind of worried when, around the time of the "tapp" tweets, various anonymous sources seemed to suggest that there wasn't any evidence of collusion. Now I'm back on the original train of thought: the FBI has the smoking gun and is just rolling things out over time so that the public isn't completely blindsided by the accusations.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
IF this is true, it's all over.

Even the GOP can't sit by while his associates were working with a foreign state to undermine the US presidential election.

Congrats guys, our Democracy is dead. Our President sold out the entire country in order to get elected, and the rightful President is sitting in upstate New York doing nothing while a fascist asshole runs our country into the ground.

Fuck everything.

Nothing is good and everything is bad.

Boke1879

If it's just his associates and not Il Duce himself I don't see a Republican Congress doing jack shit.

I mean they would all have to testify under oath. Maybe Trump himself wasn't speaking directly to anyone, but you'd be a fool to think he didn't know.

Even the GOP can't sit by while his associates were working with a foreign state to undermine the US presidential election.

Congrats guys, our Democracy is dead. Our President sold out the entire country in order to get elected, and the rightful President is sitting in upstate New York doing nothing while a fascist asshole runs our country into the ground.

Fuck everything.

When it rains it pours.

massoluk

Banned
Here is the deal, a truth quote from twitter.

We know Russian help Trump campaign, Collusion is just much worse.

Stop with "this again, it doesn't matter"

Fuck everything.

Just nuke the electoral college. Yeah, I know it ain't happening, but it is fun to dream!

picard_clapping.gif

Ezalc

I mean, if it's proven, what happens next? The election is considered illegitimate? Will Clinton be made president or will there just be new elections? What about all the cabinet seats that are already filled?

This shit is ridiculous.

Knock it all fucking down.

Any piece of shit that has russian connections in the white house and congress needs to be removed and thrown in jail.

You know trump isn't fucking alone in this. You know shit ton of republicans and democrats are probably also tied.

Mark L

I don't know much, but I know this. If it comes to questioning, Manafort will rat out the whole operation in exchange for FBI protection. No, not just immunity. He's gonna need more than immunity.

guek

Banned

Fuck everything.

Do you need a hug? You look like you need a hug. *hugs*

LOL at people thinking scumbags like Stone, Manafort, Flynn, and Page wouldn't immediately flip to save themselves. They'd literally be put to death for treason if they didn't make a deal. You think they're willing to die for Trump?
What's stopping Trump from pardoning or commuting their sentences?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Even though the language is vague I sorta feel like the FBI wouldn't come out and say shit like this without actual incriminating evidence. What would be the point? They're shaking the tree to see what falls.

lupinko

I mean, if it's proven, what happens next? The election is considered illegitimate? Will Clinton be made president or will there just be new elections? What about all the cabinet seats that are already filled?

This shit is ridiculous.

If Trump's entire campaign is taken down then Pence goes with it, and Paul Ryan becomes President.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Here is the deal, a truth quote from twitter. We know Russian help Trump campaign, Collusion is just much worse

Collusion isn't just worse. Collusion means they were directing or complacent in treason and undermining the entire underpinning of self governance to advance their own desire for power.

This is Richard Nixon undermining the Paris peace talks to become President bad.

This mother fucker idolizes Nixon. I hope he has to give a fucking speech about not giving a dog back that someone gave to Baron before this is all over and we have memes of his orange ass getting on Marine 1 in shame to be shunted off to Trump tower to live out his remaining days before he dies on a golden toilet trying to pass a bowel movement of overcooked steak with ketchup.

wandering

Banned
I mean they would all have to testify under oath. Maybe Trump himself wasn't speaking directly to anyone, but you'd be a fool to think he didn't know.

Of course he knew. But politics is nothing if not slippery, and Republicans are anything but principled. Spin, spin, spin away they will.

Any alleged tape of Trump has value beyond the presidency. Russia could use that to exploit Trump as a private individual or CEO. Certainly he stands to lose a good chunk of his empire if it were to destroy his marriage.

How is this news? Haven't we literally been speculating this same speculation for the past year? What's changed?

This is the first time the FBI (which leaked this to other officials) has confirmed possible collusion.

Also known as treason.

This isn't people writing articles talking about possible connections, this is the FBI literally saying "we think there is a possiblity our sitting president was elected via the collusion with a foreign government ".

And if the FBI willingly lets that out, and this last part is speculation, then they absolutely have a smoking gun. You don't let this out without absolute proof.

There's no way in hell Pence didn't go down with this ship. Even if he somehow survives, the stench of the GOP defending and supporting a traitor will make him a lame duck.

He'll become president, it doesn't sound like he has connections to Trump's circle; Trump didn't even want to pick him. But you're right that like Ford, the stench of the previous president will make his job impossible and result in a quick exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom