• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I should be more excited than I actually am.

probably because half way down it says

One law enforcement official said the information in hand suggests "people connected to the campaign were in contact and it appeared they were giving the thumbs up to release information when it was ready." But other U.S. officials who spoke to CNN say it's premature to draw that inference from the information gathered so far since it's largely circumstantial.

The FBI cannot yet prove that collusion took place, but the information suggesting collusion is now a large focus of the investigation, the officials said.

it's probably best to just wait and see what the FBI have before you get your hopes up

~Kinggi~

Banned
So obviously we have known this shit for some time, but i think what is telling now is that Nunes forced the FBI's hand in actually being used as a source now beyond CIA etc and are actively involvd in the evidence phase of this. Thats the big part.

So a lot of speculation still but i mean leaks like this dont drip constantly over two months and escalate and lead to nothing. They know what they doing. Basically over-saturation of Russia so it even enters into the back of the minds of the hardcore faithful that something might be up even if they dont want to believe it. Otherwise some sudden and abrupt arrest of everyone in the WH only leads to his 2nd amendment folks gong apeshit.

Oh yeah, and when these articles say shit like 'but the FBI does not yet have evidence..', thats bullshit, they just saying they dont have evidence ready to make public. They already have that shit, its why this leak is even happening. They gotta be 5 steps ahead.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
How is this news? Haven't we literally been speculating this same speculation for the past year? What's changed?

This is as close to confirmation that we've gotten that collusion occurred. Everyone already assumed this mostly because these idiots made it a habit of going on live TV and teasing political upheaval. The sloppiness of it all is amazing. The gall.

Now we need the kompromat to get back in the news.

ZOONAMI

Any alleged tape of Trump has value beyond the presidency. Russia could use that to exploit Trump as a private individual or CEO. Certainly he stands to lose a good chunk of his empire if it were to destroy his marriage.

Trump won't have anything left if he's impeached. It would serve no interests to the Russians other than releasing it to say we fucking got you stupid Americans to elect this fucking clown. At that point they might as well release it.

I'm serious when I say I think Tillerson changed his schedule randomly to flee to russia.

Also, today he said

Tillerson: 'I didn't want this job ... My wife told me I'm supposed to do this'

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
IF this is true, it's all over.

Even the GOP can't sit by while his associates were working with a foreign state to undermine the US presidential election.

Congrats guys, our Democracy is dead. Our President sold out the entire country in order to get elected, and the rightful President is sitting in upstate New York doing nothing while a fascist asshole runs our country into the ground.

Fuck everything.

Nothing is good and everything is bad.

First farce, then tragedy?

There's no way in hell Pence didn't go down with this ship. Even if he somehow survives, the stench of the GOP defending and supporting a traitor will make him a lame duck.

I don't think Pence has been close enough at any point to the slimeballs surrounding Trump to have been party to the collusion that went on, and I think he's trying to maintain that distance to save his own ass.

Not that Pence is a great guy in comparison. He's just slightly more politically savvy. And he'll be the favored replacement if the GOP decides to impeach.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I don't think Pence has been close enough at any point to the slimeballs surrounding Trump to have been party to the collusion that went on, and I think he's trying to maintain that distance to save his own ass.

Not that Pence is a great guy in comparison. He's just slightly more politically savvy. And he'll be the favored replacement if the GOP decides to impeach.

Pence has ties to Manafort. He's walking.

He'll become president, it doesn't sound like he has connections to Trump's circle; Trump didn't even want to pick him. But you're right that like Ford, the stench of the previous president will make his job impossible and result in a quick exit.
I can't recall the specifics of Ford becoming President, but I don't think he was on air openly defending Nixon all during the election. Wasn't Agnue taken off the ticket at the last minute or something?

We have footage of Pence trying to brush aside everything Trump was "reported" to have done from the VP Debate. If Pence isn't involved, even after his fit over Flynn, then I don't know why he'd keep his post.

He's denied Trump/Russia Ties way more then he defended Flynn, and Flynn was booted for lying to him. I don't see Pence wanting the shadow of Trump over him.

Trump can't possibly last an entire year can he? He'd pretty much have to be acquitted for that to happen, and....well I thought I couldn't see him being president so...

antonz

Roger Stone is fucked for sure. His own mouth incriminated him. He thought bragging about his interactions with the Russians was some next level thing

ZOONAMI

I can't recall the specifics of Ford becoming President, but I don't think he was on air openly defending Nixon all during the election. Wasn't Agnue taken off the ticket at the last minute or something?

We have footage of Pence trying to brush aside everything Trump was "reported" to have done from the VP Debate. If Pence isn't involved, even after his fit over Flynn, then I don't know why he'd keep his post.

He's denied Trump/Russia Ties way more then he defended Flynn, and Flynn was booted for lying to him. I don't see Pence wanting the shadow of Trump over him.

If Pence was smart he would just resign to save himself from being a lame duck. Might as well just give the keys to Ryan.

Trey

I dislike this. It feels like the investigation is being hamstrung so the FBI will be forced to push what they know at this point. Basically Republican leadership and/or Trump campaign is cutting their losses in order to avoid an even larger scandal.

I hope everything comes to light in a reasonable time table.

I'm serious when I say I think Tillerson changed his schedule randomly to flee to russia.

Also, today he said

Tillerson: 'I didn't want this job ... My wife told me I'm supposed to do this'

oh god, i cant take this. are living through a truly historical moment? Im so ready for shit to hit the fan.

Lo-Volt

I mean, if it's proven, what happens next? The election is considered illegitimate? Will Clinton be made president or will there just be new elections? What about all the cabinet seats that are already filled?

This shit is ridiculous.

There is no real mechanism for that to happen. The president would have to be impeached or ruled unable to serve according to the 25th Amendment.

ZOONAMI

Treason can be punishable by death

Not that he will face that ultimate punishment.

Yeah he would be impeached and that would be punishment enough. As a result he will lose his business empire. Pence or Ryan would probably pardon him so the country can "move on."

If Pence was smart he would just resign to save himself from being a lame duck. Might as well just give the keys to Ryan.
Give the keys to Ryan, let Ryan try to govern. Completes Paul Ryan's Amazing act of Failing up the Ladder, and ruins the GOP in the House since Ryan had to be forced to be Speaker.

The stench of illegitimacy of the entire election wouldn't go away. He'd have to step down too and allow Ryan to asume the Presidency.

Lo-Volt

Did someone post the onion guy yet?

Hunny, was he ever!

This sounds terrible. For a defensively worded "might have may have" statement from FBI sources, this sounds persistent and kind of specific. Not that Donald Trump will leave tomorrow; a case against someone like him or close to him will take a good bit of time if it truly exists.

My other concern is, who isn't compromised? The Vice President and the cabinet benefited from the alleged intervention. Are they also considered complicit? Would they maintain enough authority to govern if Donald Trump has to resign or get impeached?

akira28

They are so careful with their announcements. And they know if they let this cat out of the bag that congress would roast them or someone close to them. So...I think someone is toast.

are we going to eat? are we going to dance? I'm conserving my optimism, but this looks pretty bad for Resident Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom