• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD 4 Beta Thread

KarishBHR

Im sure it's coming soon, so I figured I'd make the thread.

Anyone know when it is coming? I heard sometime tonight or tomorrow

From IGN.

If you've been following our coverage on Call of Duty 4, then you know that getting into the upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive multiplayer beta is a prize worth fighting for. A recent update to the official Xbox 360 Marketplace ticker indicated that the beta, or news on it, might be coming sooner rather than later. There you could find the Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta listed as a new arrival for today, August 17, but the listing has since been removed.

It probably passed verification and was uploaded to the Live servers today. So when sign ups start it's locked and ready to go.

Nevermind, looks like this is new info. If it comes tonight, I'll be really happy- I'm in need of something to tide me over until Bioshock.

Teen Ape

Can't wait for this Beta to start, should be a helluva lot of fun. Can't wait to check out how good it looks to first hand and try out the perks/custom class. If you want a chance to sign up, hit up charlieoscardelta.com and sign up for their forums so you can apply for the beta when registration starts.

Eric WK

Fuck. This would be the perfect hold over until Tuesday.

I'm heading out to see Superbad, though. Hope nothing happens until I get back.

besiktas1

Wario64 said:
Infinity Ward sending COD4 beta out to die.
Bioshock?

For me it's Bioshock single player, CoD4beta multiplayer.

Also how long is the beta going to be up for? Here's hoping 4-6 weeks. :D

besiktas1 said:
Bioshock?

For me it's Bioshock single player, CoD4beta multiplayer.

Also how long is the beta going to be up for? Here's hoping 4-6 weeks. :D
They said it would be longer than Halo 3's beta I think.

Isn't part of the deal that you have to answer a few questions?
Shit I get my name wrong half the time, hope that's not one of the questions.

Wolffen

Teen Ape said:
hit up charlieoscardelta.com and sign up for their forums so you can apply for the beta when registration starts.

That'd be great if the site wasn't down for maintenance (probably for the beta go-live prep).

sankao

I'm already having issues refreshing the maintenance page.

When even the maintenance page comes down, you know things are gonna get ugly.

MercuryLS

Banned
If it's coming tonight I'll be so effin' happy, I cannot wait to try this out. I'm getting sick of Gears and Vegas, I need a new MP game to take its place.

Stay in and hope for beta..... or go out and see Superbad.

I don't know what to do!

JdFoX187

Banned
I stand by my word there's going to be an uproar on the Interwebs when thousands of people hit the Web site and get error messages while a lucky few actually get in.

BobFromPikeCreek said:

I don't know what to do!
Superbad is a great movie.

I don't think they'll release it tonight. They said they would announce the beta's signups and give everyone a fair chance.

Eric WK

BobFromPikeCreek said:

I don't know what to do!

I'm taking my chances. This shit better not go down for another 3 and a half hours.

Sandman42

I don't think its coming yet. The website said there would be a countdown and plenty of time to sign up. Maybe the sign up will happen later today.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
After viewing the maintenance message, I feel bad for those who haven't signed up to the site yet...

And you know that the site is going down - no question about it...

HugBasket

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:

I don't know what to do!

You could always find a site to stream Superbad while you wait to see if the beta is released

MercuryLS

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
I stand by my word there's going to be an uproar on the Interwebs when thousands of people hit the Web site and get error messages while a lucky few actually get in.

That's what I'm expecting, I'm hoping that I'm part of the lucky few.

MercuryLS said:
Guess I'm not sleeping tonight, it's first come first serve and I intend to be there when it hits.
me too

f5.gif

armubaba

By the way, saw Superbad this afternoon with a couple of buds. One part literally had me crying. All the best parts are in the trailer, but go watch it nonetheless. Nice movie.

Prvt.Pegleg said:
......................................................................................................

Thats more like it.

So the beta registration is still open... just need to do it when the site goes live?

I have no chance do I?

HugBasket

Banned
apocalidiot said:
Thats more like it.

So the beta registration is still open... just need to do it when the site goes live?

I have no chance do I?

You have a chance. There is some FireFox add on you can get that fills out registration forms for you that will help you register quickly. Then you just have to activate the account with your email and click the "Enter Now" link in the Beta section. You can do it!

Top Bottom