• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Ghosts MP reveal 14 Aug

Portugeezer

I didn't suggest people would buy Titanfall because former Infinity Ward employees made it. I suggested because that team is so talented the game is going to be a huge success, and it's similar enough to COD that I believe it's going to steal a great chunk of hype from COD going forward.

If you believe Titanfall hype is somehow explained by "lol Microsoft" I don't think there is any rational thought behind such a claim. The journalists that played the game and voted on the E3 Game of the Show, chose it as such. Explain that how you want, but the people who played the game loved it.

I'm passed that point of needing someone to play the game for me to realise whether it's all hype. I can watch gameplay and usually form a good judgement about the game (from past experienced of other games).

It is mostly hype, and if it were some unknown developers people wouldn't give it nearly as much attention, people would be like "oh that's cool". But no, some ex-IW developers, Vince zampella and jason west founded, Activision dispute, indirect channelling of COD franchise fatigue into Titanfall praise.

IMO.

I'm passed that point of needing someone to play the game for me to realise whether it's all hype. I can watch gameplay and usually form a good judgement about the game (from past experienced of other games).

It is mostly hype, and if it were some unknown developers people wouldn't give it nearly as much attention, people would be like "oh that's cool". But no, some ex-IW developers, Vince zampella and jason west founded, Activision dispute, indirect channelling of COD franchise fatigue into Titanfall praise.

IMO.

lol

Good luck with that.

If you don't mind, since you put it out there, please describe what exactly goes into "Microsoft hype"? Seeing as the E3 journalists who played Titanfall at E3 voted it Game of the Show, how did "hype" effect their voting? What did Microsoft do to generate said "hype"?

Portugeezer

lol

Good luck with that.

If you don't mind, since you put it out there, please describe what exactly goes into "Microsoft hype"? Seeing as the E3 journalists who played Titanfall at E3 voted it Game of the Show, how did "hype" effect their voting? What did Microsoft do to generate said "hype"?
I don't need luck. Who needs luck is the type of people that can't spot disasters like Too Human coming after having seen gameplay. Let me clarify that I think Titanfall looks good, not a disaster, just not the second coming.

I explained where I think the hype comes from. Microsoft comes into this because they are pushing it as a Microsoft platform exclusive, with some arrogance ("have you seen Titanfall?", expecting that had you seen it you would think it's like licking honey off of Angelina jolies lips), but in reality I would say to Larry "yes and it looks goof but is that the thing you're hyping as the second coming?"

Maybe that clears up my thoughts a bit.

I don't need luck. Who needs luck is the type of people that can't spot disasters like Too Human coming after having seen gameplay. Let me clarify that I think Titanfall looks good, not a disaster, just not the second coming.

I explained where I think the hype comes from. Microsoft comes into this because they are pushing it as a Microsoft platform exclusive, with some arrogance ("have you seen Titanfall?", expecting that had you seen it you would think it's like licking honey off of Angelina jolies lips), but in reality I would say to Larry "yes and it looks goof but is that the thing you're hyping as the second coming?"

Maybe that clears up my thoughts a bit.

Not really, but that's ok.

It's not okay since you asked me many questions about my opinion, you are just being a cheeky prick now. I guess you have nothing better to say, I am glad I wasted time replying to you.

I'm sorry, but there is simply no way for me to make sense of "Microsoft hype" being the reason Titanfall has so much buzz behind it. No matter how much you try and explain a nonsensical opinion, it's still going to be hard for others to understand it.

Can't wait for the stream! I probably won't buy it.

I'm going with Titanfall for my arcadey action and Battlefield for it's attempt and realism + crazy MP sandbox stuff. Though I very well may get antsy waiting for Titanfall and buy this.

I'm sorry, but there is simply no way for me to make sense of "Microsoft hype" being the reason Titanfall has so much buzz behind it. No matter how much you try and explain a nonsensical opinion, it's still going to be hard for others to understand it.

But EuropeOG makes sense, regardless of whether you fully agree with his/her opinion. It certainly contributed to Titanfall's hype, but you're arguing on how much it influenced it.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler: new weapons, new skins, new killstreaks, new perks, new equipment, new maps, wall peeking, sliding instead of diving.

dont forget the "all-new dlc content experience"

CharltonHestonLaugh2.gif

But EuropeOG makes sense, regardless of whether you fully agree with his/her opinion. It certainly contributed to Titanfall's hype, but you're arguing on how much it influenced it.

Bear is saying that it's getting hyped by the press because the press have played it and generally thought it was awesome. EuropeOG is saying that it's all smoke, mirrors and "Microsoft hype".

Of course someone with a financial interest in a product is going to hype it but that doesn't mean you can't take people's hands-on experiences out of the equation.

Hoping the maps are a step up from BOII. They were shit in that game (though I haven't played it all that much).

I just want maps like in the early COD this gen. They had tons of secret spots that you could climb, crawl or jump onto. Since BLOPS 1 every COD has had tons of invisible walls.

blocked as well..need a techradar/ars etc type site...maybe I can backdoor it somehow.

or Ill just bask in gaf commentary :)

Try these

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-13-call-of-duty-ghosts-multiplayer-livetext
http://new.livestream.com/callofduty/codghosts

Spoiler alert: It's going to have the same multiplayer as in every CoD multiplayer ever.

Just read through this thread to see how no one can agree which COD multi is the best and how much differences there are between them that each person either likes or dislikes.

Try these

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-13-call-of-duty-ghosts-multiplayer-livetext
http://new.livestream.com/callofduty/codghosts

Just read through this thread to see how no one can agree which COD multi is the best and how much differences there are between them that each person either likes or dislikes.

So true if you played all of them you'd know there are differences. They don't even feel the same though the overall objective is the same.

Top Bottom