• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghosts PS4 is 1080p in mp and 720p in sp

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
Ahaha so much for 1080p superior version. So after all, the Polygon reviewer is redeemed. Maybe the difference was small because because when he compared the SP it looked the same, and only in MP did PS4 look sharper, but in MP PS4 also presented an unstable framrate.

The feel of next Gen.

trixx

What, like they did with their 30-40 fps Wii U port? No thanks.

If i'm not mistakene, it was a small dedicated wii u team and they were given less time to complete the port than others. For the longest time there was no wii u version confirmed.

Quaz51

As this is Quaz51 who first brought us the native rendering resolutions of Halo 3, GTAIV and many others... I would say this is as good as confirmed.

i complet with my other posts

Multi is graphically more light than Solo (FX, post-process) = more ressource aviable.
Probably not enough for upgrade resolution on Xone (just enough for stabilise framerate) but for PS4 yes. the good compromise probably was a 900p upgrade for preserve the framerate but 900p need upscale with bad ratio, is tantalizing to push until 1080p for avoid upscale and offer a perfectly sharp image

for frame drops need confirmation (or patch)
but good resolution is also important for multi (you see your target more far/early)
a sharp 1080p is very good for multiplayer

Rad-

Solo (more heavy, FX, post-process):
720p on Xone and 720p on PS4 with more stable framerate

Multi:
720p on Xone and 1080p on PS4 with more unstable framerate

I don't get it. Shouldn't that be the other way around? I mean from a developing perspective. Single player = focus on graphics, multi player = focus on stable 60fps.

Guymelef

Raven Software, Infinity Ward and Neversoft.
With that medley it seems nobody in Activision knows how the game runs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The fuck?
iez2nrWZ3DYLY.png

Infinity Ward, pls.

VanWinkle

They didn't lie. This is as much as a lie as saying Killzone is 1080p 60 frames. It's the truth, not the whole truth, but its the truth. Ghost is 1080p... In multiplayer.

Guerilla has never said "Killzone Shadow Fall is 60fps." If they did, a half-truth is just as much of a lie, in my opinion.

Brohan

720p for singleplayer and 1080p for multiplayer makes no sense at all.... if anything it should be the other way around.

Seanspeed

Banned
Explains some of the comparisons that people were questioning.

Pretty disappointing overall. I think Infinity Ward pushed the graphics hard with Ghosts to keep up with Battlefield, but couldn't pull off the same sort of performance levels.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guerilla has never said "Killzone Shadow Fall is 60fps." If they did, a half-truth is just as much of a lie, in my opinion.

They said it is for multiplayer, which it pretty much is. GG always said 30 for SP, even though it's actually above that.

Holy shit this game. This game man.

How do you go from 720p on SP to 1080p on multi? That's a HUGE fucking jump. Why not something in between like 900p? What the hell is up with this game?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If i'm not mistakened it was a small dedicated wii u team and they were given less time to complete the port than others. For the longest time there was no wii u version confirmed.
Oh, no doubt, I'm just surprised it was released at all considering its performance. I mean, the campaign never actually seems to reach 60 fps in even the quietest of moments.

Blame IW's shitty code. The quality difference between B. Ops Wii U and Ghosts Wii U is uncanny
I honestly didn't think Blops 2 was very good on Wii U. Ghosts is much worse, though.

Polygon reviewer did, but GAF claimed he was stupid for claiming both versions looked nearly the same.
That reviewer still seemed to think it was 1080p on PS4 despite the evidence in front of them. The difference between the two resolutions is dramatic and obvious. It's not something you should need to "examine".

diffusionx

Gold Member
lol

So this is why the Polygon reviewer couldn't tell the difference. A bunch of blowhards on NeoGAF owe him an apology.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
The FUD claims continues....

This would be so embarrassing for IW. Its impossible that it is not 1080p the freaking box says its 1080p.

If true:

Embarrassing for IW, they lied. Embarrassing for the media that didn't recognise it, and reported 720=1080p. Embarrassing for media claiming PS4 waaay sharper.

don't forget embarrassing for everyone who got their panties in a bunch over who was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom