• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Infinite Warfare: Seamless ground to orbit, mission choice, customizable jet

Springy

I have no problem with this supposedly seamless, go anywhere structure being a façade as long as it's convincingly constructed. Call of Duty is all about smoke and mirrors, and it works beautifully when you can't see where they're manipulating it.

lmao at the No Man's Sky hype men scoffing

Rembrandt

Banned
Did they announce a last gen version of this?

99% sure it's not happening. maybe the multiplayer again but i think that's even unlikely.

The fact that Spec Ops never left the Modern Warfare series is possibly the biggest crime of the franchise. Best co-op mode ever.

A co-op campaign could have potential, so long as it's well designed like the Spec Ops missions, and not like the messy 4-player co-op in Black Ops 3.

Spec Ops is great. I don't get the hype around zombies when that exists.

Archpath1

Could be like an event during match incoming orbital ships
Then everyone flys up

Danger zone plays in the background

Alienous

In this way, "you can be boots on ground, fighting through the streets of a city on earth, call down your Jackal, get into it, fly up through the atmosphere, engage in a dogfight over the orbit of earth, finish that dogfight, land on the deck of the carrier, get into the carrier, go up to the bridge, and order your ship to go to the next mission and all of it happens seamlessly with no loading screens."

He forgot the "but that's only one mission" disclaimer.

Thewonandonly

E3 of the shooters for sure. All ready getting titanfall 2 for sure and that will be my multiplayer game. Will get battlefield 5 only if it is set in WW1 or 2. Then I will get this if the campaign is awsome because I love most cod campaigns except BO3 which sucked :/

Calibos

So after reading this I went back and re-watched the trailer a couple times...If this is true, and what I glean from the trailer shows through in the final game, we could have a much "larger scale" CoD on our hands. The trailer really sets this up to be a more "Battlefield" style experience, which could be pretty exciting, but also a huge change for the franchise...

I am a little hyped after seeing the trailer again...But this happens every year with me.

Hoje0308

Banned
I don't believe the actual mechanics will be as free from scripting as those quotes would have you believe. Would love to be proven wrong.

Memory

The fact that Spec Ops never left the Modern Warfare series is possibly the biggest crime of the franchise. Best co-op mode ever.

A co-op campaign could have potential, so long as it's well designed like the Spec Ops missions, and not like the messy 4-player co-op in Black Ops 3.

Amen, glad I'm not alone on this.

bathsalts

Sounds like gimmick that'll be hyped/marketed hard and end up being a pile of dogshit because there will be zero gameplay depth to it. Hope they surprise me, but there are a ton of better looking shooters on the horizon if they don't.

Hoje0308

Banned
Sounds like gimmick that'll be hyped/marketed hard and end up being a pile of dogshit because there will be zero gameplay depth to it. Hope they surprise me, but there are a ton of better looking shooters on the horizon if they don't.

Like what?

Shadow Warrior 2
Space Hulk
Sniper 3
Rising Storm
New BF probably

Ugh, I forgot all of that is coming out. I'm excited more for BF5 and TF2. Mostly because I have no idea what they are exactly, so it's hard to be disappointed. I'll buy IW though, if only for the COD4 remaster.

My guess is that this'll be an option in like, maybe a third to two-fifths of the missions, and it'll either be dependent on knocking out AA first or AA making flying unviable until it's dealt with.

It still sounds interesting; but then again, Bloops III's campaign sounded interesting too...

Kinyou

In this way, "you can be boots on ground, fighting through the streets of a city on earth, call down your Jackal, get into it, fly up through the atmosphere, engage in a dogfight over the orbit of earth, finish that dogfight, land on the deck of the carrier, get into the carrier, go up to the bridge, and order your ship to go to the next mission and all of it happens seamlessly with no loading screens."
Love the sound of this. I hope they make the carrier really feel like your homebase.

They do have to get proper flight combat into this game though. Not this weird jet stuff from Advanced Warfare

ArjanN

IMO it's pretty obvious it's just because Spec Ops is a lot more work intensive than a zombie/horde mode, as Spec Ops is basically a bunch of extra campaign levels. To be fair they've been putting in more work in zombie mode over time, but honestly I still don't really care for it.

Bishop89

2 things immediately came to mind.

1. This sounds like it may take a toll on the engine and i'm worried about hitting 60fps.

2. We're almost close to the robotech game we desperately need!!

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright that's the kind of information I wanted to know. Good to hear its actually integrated into the game and not just one of singleplayer missions. Here is hoping its actually in the multiplayer too because that'd be awesome, almost Dust 514 style.

Top Bottom