• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M:. Abraham Lincoln Trailer

L~A

Nintendo just uploaded a brand new trailer for Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

This time, it's all about that good ol' chap Abraham Lincoln.

YouTube

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder this is a Nintendo game to which Abraham Lincoln can control a giant steam robot while a walking lion with a gun, John Henry, & Robin from Fire Emblem team up in order to fight aliens.

Every part of that sentence makes me smile.

I also just realized we got this trailer today because it's President's Day.

So Lincoln is officially a Nintendo character now?

Can we start the Lincoln for Smash campaign?

ff564f57cd.png

Neiteio

When Lincoln punched the hell out of that alien in his giant Lincoln mecha while yelling "EXECUTIVE DECISION," I felt something tingle inside me

Reminder this is a game to which Abraham Lincoln can control a giant steam robot while a walking lion with a gun, John Henry, & Robin from Fire Emblem team up in order to fight aliens.

Nintendo really should put this sentence on the box.

This game continues to look beautifully ridiculous.

The voice acting though continues to feel off. I'm enjoy almost any English dub but all the voices I've heard in this game sound so understated and without personality.

A lot of it is the script as well.

Nachos

Very stoked about this one. I'm guessing that attack at the end was a cutscene or a special or something.
Considering he had his own health and steam gauges, I wouldn't be surprised if there are segments where you need to use Abe as a party member, while the others move around below, kind of like the tank in Valkyria Chronicles.

RM8

Awesome. I can't get enough of the demo, this is absolutely my most hyped game.

It's a shame so many people won't give it a chance, despite the existence of a meaty demo :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't really sold on this game at all when they first announced it, but I mean, it's basically IntSys' take on Valkyria Chronicles. With lots of cheese.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I need it.

Draxal

I wasn't really sold on this game at all when they first announced it, but I mean, it's basically IntSys' take on Valkyria Chronicles. With lots of cheese.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I need it.

Feels way more XCOM than Valkyria, but Valkyria and Xcom were kinda close anyway.

Fandangox

I really dislike what the boxart(?) of the game seems to be, so whenever I end up getting the game, I will make a custom cover with Lincoln on the cover similar to those GS demo cards.

Neiteio

I'm impressed: this game seems to have a more nuanced grasp of US history than Bioshock Infinite did.
Our school systems are failing us. I don't recall learning about Abe Lincoln's clockwork mech or the flying state of Columbia in high school history class.

GWX

I want to love this game so much, but every time I think about it, the only thing that comes to mind are insanely long enemy turns from the demo =( Great trailer, by the way.

Top Bottom