• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

I'm much more worried about Pitt than Duke. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we lost two of the last four now with Duke and Dorsett out and Jacory Harris 2.0 at QB.

Whats hard to comprehend is that if Duke does beat you guys, they have a legitimate shot at playing in the ACC title game.

cajunator

Banned
LSU is going to get blasted.
Although this seems like exactly the kind of game now that their season is over (championship contention wise) to beat Alabama.

Jeff-DSA

after reading about all the ND injuries theres no way I would ever schedule a triple option team.

How is that shit legal.

BYU had to play Air Force every year for a long, long time. Every time they'd play, I knew that BYU would win, but the only question was how many injuries we would have to the defense.

Guys, stop worrying about Notre Dame. BYU has got this.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LSU is going to get blasted.
Although this seems like exactly the kind of game now that their season is over (championship contention wise) to beat Alabama.

Could still be in it, if Auburn beats Alabama, but loses to say, UGA. 3 or 4 way tie.

But, I see a 4 loss season for LSU. Don't see them beating A&M, unless their offense wakes back up.

jjasper

I don't really think Auburn is that great. They are a product of the easiest schedule in the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if we won this week and we are terrible (although I guess somewhat borderline below average at home).

Edit: Apparently Vegas agrees with me as they are only +7.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What's making me feel strange, is Alabama's between a 12 and 17 point favorite this weekend against LSU...

Hmm, hadn't realized it's been a long time since Tennessee beat Auburn...

Stolen:
The twin towers still stood in NYC

A gallon of gas was $1.30 (from one source, some places under $1)

The number one song on Billboard Hot 100 was "Unpretty" by TLC

Tommy Tuberville was starting his first year at Auburn

An ounce of gold was $279.11

The biggest political controversy was whether Bill Clinton got a blow job

The number one movie at the box office was Double Jeopardy

The Panama Canal was still under US control

Carl Lawson was 4 years old

jjasper

Hmm, hadn't realized it's been a long time since Tennessee beat Auburn...

Pretty sure you can make one of these for any team in the SEC not named Kentucky, Vandy, or South Carolina at this point.

edit: Although I guess Auburn is different because of the fact that they are a rotating cross division and we have lost both times the last couple rotations (and SEC championship games).

andycapps

I don't really think Auburn is that great. They are a product of the easiest schedule in the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if we won this week and we are terrible (although I guess somewhat borderline below average at home).

Edit: Apparently Vegas agrees with me as they are only +7.

I'd love to agree with you as I hate Auburn almost as much as Florida, but Auburn has quietly beaten Texas A&M and Ole Miss, who was somehow ranked at the time. They're ranked #9 now, so if Tennessee or Georgia were to beat them, that'd be a pretty big upset. Tennessee has them at Neyland, but UGA has to play them in Auburn. They won't end the season where they are now. Their last 3 games are Tennessee, UGA, and Bama. At least one loss there, maybe 2.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Taken from another message board, right now we are -

105th in red zone TD conversion.
111th in turnover margin.
119th in penalties.

That about sums up where Tech is right now. Even with the regression of the run D these past few games if we could have been good enough in these three areas to even be in the top 60 or 70 we'd likely still be undefeated right now.

Also why I won't be surprised with any combination of wins and losses in the 3 games we have left.

Could still be in it, if Auburn beats Alabama, but loses to say, UGA. 3 or 4 way tie.

But, I see a 4 loss season for LSU. Don't see them beating A&M, unless their offense wakes back up.

If you want your offense to wake up, A&M this season is a good team to be playing against.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to agree with you as I hate Auburn almost as much as Florida, but Auburn has quietly beaten Texas A&M and Ole Miss, who was somehow ranked at the time. They're ranked #9 now, so if Tennessee or Georgia were to beat them, that'd be a pretty big upset. Tennessee has them at Neyland, but UGA has to play them in Auburn. They won't end the season where they are now. Their last 3 games are Tennessee, UGA, and Bama. At least one loss there, maybe 2.

Ole Miss isn't really all that good, and they probably wouldn't have beaten A&M if they hadn't injured Manziel.

Depending on Georgia's injury situation I could see Auburn losing all their remaining games with Tennessee being the biggest question mark.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The good news for Georgia is that half of Auburn's team will probably suffer knee injuries this weekend.

andycapps

Ole Miss isn't really all that good, and they probably wouldn't have beaten A&M if they hadn't injured Manziel.

Depending on Georgia's injury situation I could see Auburn losing all their remaining games with Tennessee being the biggest question mark.

The A&M point may be fair, and Ole Miss isn't great either, but they did beat LSU. Auburn is actually a pretty good team. Leading the league in rushing offense. #3 in total offense.

The good news for Georgia is that half of Auburn's team will probably suffer knee injuries this weekend.

Basically.

Florida is now #13 in the conference scoring offense, behind Kentucky. They are #14 in the conference in total offense. Ouch.

NW unis vs Michigan in 2 weeks, pretty slick

BYPcy_OCUAAdfV2.jpg:large

Holy shit I did not realize that Florida was in such danger of not becoming bowl eligibility this year. They need 2 more wins and their remaining schedule is Vandy, South Carolina, Georgia Southern, and FSU. Only one of those is pretty much guaranteed. If they don't beat Vandy this week, the Gatas might not be going bowling. This would snap their 22 game appearance streak, which is currently the second longest active streak (behind FSU at #1 with 31, already assured to be 32 as the Noles are bowl eligible).

And FSU is only 5 bowl appearances away from reaching the #1 all time bowl appearance streak. Nebraska holds the current record of 35 with Michigan in second at 33, and FSU in third at 31.

Anyway, what I really came here to post was a link to this photoset detailing all the work that went in to the GameDay sign my friends and I made. If you watched the last hour of GameDay you probably saw us behind Fowler's head. We built a big ass sign of FSU's Reggie Northrup with moving arms so he could do the robot.

10674230273_7de5c1e509.jpg

Check out the photo set at www.flickr.com/photos/strikerobi/sets/72157637310433586/. It includes video of the sign in action on TV.

KingGondo

Banned
Anyway, what I really came here to post was a link to this photoset detailing all the work that went in to the GameDay sign my friends and I made. If you watched the last hour of GameDay you probably saw us behind Fowler's head. We built a big ass sign of FSU's Reggie Northrup with moving arms so he could do the robot.

10674230273_7de5c1e509.jpg
:jnc

That sign is amazing. Someone more technologically proficient than I needs to make a gif of that.

after reading about all the ND injuries theres no way I would ever schedule a triple option team.

How is that shit legal.

I hate playing the academies just because of injuries and they have to play really dirty to even compete. Notre Dame will always play Navy. ND almost went under during WW2 and basically begged Navy to establish a Naval Officer training program there in exchange for playing ND every year in football.

bachikarn

So the EDSBS guys aren't fans of Muschamp

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2013/11/4/5064918/blatant-homerism-georgia

5. Iowa is more efficient offensively than Florida is. Boston College, home of divemaster Steve Addazio, is more efficient than Florida is offensively. Wake Forest is more efficient offensively than Florida is, and so are Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Rutgers, Michigan State, and Bob Davie's New Mexico Lobos. BOB FUCKING DAVIE. Oh, Notre Dame's a good 82 spots higher, in case that didn't fully crush whatever joy was in your heart.

bachikarn

When UF wins, Muschamp is god. When they lose, he deserves to be shot.

Come on, Gatas. Make up your minds.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't really like Muschamp, but were willing to give him a chance after an 11-1 regular season (that required a late blocked punt against freaking Louisiana-Lafayette). This season has been awful. I mean, his overall record is inline with Ron Zook's record here.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't really like Muschamp, but were willing to give him a chance after an 11-1 regular season (that required a late blocked punt against freaking Louisiana-Lafayette). This season has been awful. I mean, his overall record is inline with Ron Zook's record here.

Except Zooker had a better 3 year SEC record

jjasper

When UF wins, Muschamp is god. When they lose, he deserves to be shot.

Come on, Gatas. Make up your minds.

Spencer Hall has been pretty vocal about the UF offense and Muschamp's fit at UF his entire tenure. His point has been that about 99.9% of UF fan base were not fans pre Spurrier and because of that like inventive or high scoring offenses cause that is pretty much all they know.

andycapps

Spencer Hall has been pretty vocal about the UF offense and Muschamp's fit at UF his entire tenure. His point has been that about 99.9% of UF fan base were not fans pre Spurrier and because of that like inventive or high scoring offenses cause that is pretty much all they know.

You're not wrong about that.

Next coach will be an offensive minded guy. Because that's the way these things go. Defensive minded guy comes in and fails, fanbase wants an offensive minded guy.

bachikarn

Except Zooker had a better 3 year SEC record

Including wins against a top 5 UGA team and a Nick Saban NC winning LSU team.

I think the best SEC team Muschamp has beaten was a 9-3 LSU team last year? Maybe USCe was better? I dunno.

I really do think last year we just severely over achieved. A lot of lucky bounces, etc. Getting owned by Louisville in the Sugar Bowl basically confirms that.

JHall

You're not wrong about that.

Next coach will be an offensive minded guy. Because that's the way these things go. Defensive minded guy comes in and fails, fanbase wants an offensive minded guy.

I'm perfectly fine with having a defense guy being the head coach. As long as he doesn't have a bullshit offensive philosophy.

I want Dan Quinn to come back and be our next head coach.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I previously mentioned that Tech was going after a JUCO DT named Clinkscales. Looks like he may have made a little bit of news lately. Are Cincinnati coaches telling recruits they're heading to the Big XII?

keftZyF.png

A few things about this -

1. Probably a bogus rumor to begin with (especially since anything happening by next season is very unlikely IMO) but I don't think I like the addition of Cincinnati without the added inclusion of some bigger fish, though it would help bridge the huge gap in geography between WVU and everybody else. I've been hoping the next round of additions would all be in one general area (during the last round of rumors, for instance, east coast with Clemson and FSU and whoever, or east midwest-ish with Cincinnati and Louisville and whoever, etc.) to make the geography a little better with WVU.
2. In the short term at least I think it would be hilarious for Tuberville to get dragged back into the conference after running away with his tail between his legs a year ago complaining about how hard it was to play defense in this league.
3. What are the odds of a guy named Clinkscales being recruited to a school with a coach named Clinkscales?

Top Bottom