• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

cdyhybrid

Our kicker/punter was named Pac12 Special Teams Player of the Week!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif

So basically UCF, Louisville, Fresno State, and Northern Illinois are fighting for the right to bend over, and take it up the tailpipe, in the Fiesta Bowl to Baylor.

So basically UCF, Louisville, Fresno State, and Northern Illinois are fighting for the right to bend over, and take it up the tailpipe, in the Fiesta Bowl to Baylor.

Eh, we have some athletes....

I actually hope NIU or Fresno gets the bid because that keeps the American champ from having to go to Arizona since Fiesta has the last pick. Fuck that.

KingGondo

Banned
Eh, we have some athletes....

I actually hope NIU or Fresno gets the bid because that keeps the American champ from having to go to Arizona since Fiesta has the last pick. Fuck that.
I had a great time at the Fiesta Bowl. Plus the weather in Phoenix that time of year is nice (although that would definitely be less of a draw for someone from Florida).

ag-my001

GAF Pick'em Week 10 Games

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 7
Auburn @ Arkansas by 14
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 7
Georgia @ Florida by 7
Michigan @ Michigan State by 9
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 10
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 7
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7
Miami @ Florida State by 17

I have done so poorly in the pick'em this year. I've barely watched any games other than A&M's. At least I have the assurance from the gf causing me to miss all the games that she doesn't want a fall wedding. Silver linings and all.

Garryk

Arkansas lost a big o-line commit to A&M today. The one position that Bielema excels at putting in the NFL and he goes to Aggy. This year is so depressing. Last home game is this Saturday so I'm glad I get to pull the plug on this season with 3 games left. The Gus Bus is going to be doing donuts in the parking lot after this game and the message boards will be full of threads about what is the best method to hire him away and bring him home.

Fuck.

Jeff-DSA

BYU at Wisconsin is pretty intriguing. BYU has two weeks to rest up and prepare for what is going to be a highly physical game, Wisconsin has Iowa this weekend who should be no pushover. Bronco has always done well coming off of a bye week, and BYU is improving a lot week by week.

Also, what's up with this? BYU already had a bye week.

Arkansas lost a big o-line commit to A&M today. The one position that Bielema excels at putting in the NFL and he goes to Aggy. This year is so depressing. Last home game is this Saturday so I'm glad I get to pull the plug on this season with 3 games left. The Gus Bus is going to be doing donuts in the parking lot after this game and the message boards will be full of threads about what is the best method to hire him away and bring him home.

Fuck.

I wish there were a way for Bert Bielema to fail miserably without Arkansas fans having to suffer, but sadly, that is not the case.

Garryk

I wish there were a way for Bert Bielema to fail miserably without Arkansas fans having to suffer, but sadly, that is not the case.

He better not interrupt my basketball games this season with that "we came here to win the SEC" bullshit. We've already replaced the floor once this year.

Draxal

Rutgers football has definitely taken a turn for "circus-like" atmosphere this season. I'm on the verge of just tuning out. It's reaching Tampa Bay levels.

You've got:

A. Starting Corner quits team mid-season to go play baseball at some other school.
B. Houston debacle.
C. Battered secondary.
D. Now Nova-gate.
E. On top of that quite a few players transferred out mid-season.

Edit: On second thought - I'm not tuning out. This is highly entertaining. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's only a pity I don't know what team mcgruber roots for. He likes to talk a lot of shit, but he doesn't do well at taking it in return.

You forgot
F. Hire a DC who has been a complete disaster.

I had a great time at the Fiesta Bowl. Plus the weather in Phoenix that time of year is nice (although that would definitely be less of a draw for someone from Florida).
Yeah I'm sure the pomp and circumstance is good like most big bowls. But the Sugar Bowl last year was amazing as far as NO supporting it. And well it's NO.

The year before I went to the Orange Bowl but I didn't do a lot of the different things there. Orange is just an easy trip. NO is easy enough too. Just.... ugh Arizona. Especially with me planning on also going to Ireland next for the 2014 season opener.

Unless Houston or SMU makes it, it makes little sense for the fans I feel like in the American.

AntoneM

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 6
Auburn @ Arkansas by 9
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 9
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 11
North Carolina @ NC State by 9
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 6
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 4
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 9
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 9
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 11
Miami @ Florida State by 17

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I do think we still carry a fairly significant talent margin over Tech. We've been rolling the last few years while they've been perpetually rebuilding since Leach left.

Playing on the road plus the night game environment will make it tougher, but I still feel like we should win if we play well.

Yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!

impirius

It's much, much easier to enjoy this Mizzou game on the replay. This is like the reverse of so many games we lost in the early 2000s.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!
Tech fans are so classy.

It's really what they're best known for.

:D

Honestly though, I'm excited for the meaty part of the Big 12 schedule to begin. The next few weeks should be fun, and OSU-Tech games always seem to be competitive. Except for the last 2 years. :p

desh

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by X
Auburn @ Arkansas by X
Wisconsin @ Iowa by X
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by X
North Carolina @ NC State by X
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by X

Georgia @ Florida by X
Michigan @ Michigan State by X
Northwestern @ Nebraska by X
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by X
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by X
Miami @ Florida State by X

What's with all the crapy ACC games?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So some of the geniuses on the Duke football board (yes, there is one) think Duke's attendance problem can be at least mitigated by the university awarding scholarships to more "well rounded" American students instead of those Asian kids who just study study study. yay football!

Quake1028

From Meltdown:

Mizzery: "A dude out of the crowd hit a 40 yarder for $1000"

Tennessee: "I'm a huge fan of Butch so far but for the love of God how does your wife let you leave the house with the top button of your polo buttoned?"

Huskers: "We should get the Aflac duck to do our pep talks in the locker room"

andycapps

Fuck.

Bielema is just returning you to your normal place in the SEC. Also, $3.2 million.

So some of the geniuses on the Duke football board (yes, there is one) think Duke's attendance problem can be at least mitigated by the university awarding scholarships to more "well rounded" American students instead of those Asian kids who just study study study. yay football!

So are Duke football fans by and large bandwagon Duke basketball fans that don't have anyone else to root for in CFB?

Enfinit

Not that it matters, there weren't any fans of Duke football before last season anyways.

Jhriad

Husker Meltdown #1 said:
Keeping the tradition of shitting the bed on national tv alive.

Practically the only tradition we have left after Cally & Pelini.

Husker Meldown #2 said:
The good news is
We only have one more regular season loss to weather before the bowl loss. GBR!

If it weren't for the "GBR!" at the end I'd refuse to believe this is a Husker fan. No Husker fan I know thinks we're only going to lose one more game the rest of the season. It's more likely that we end up 6-6 going into a bowl than it is we only lose one more game and end up 9-3. Waaaaaay more likely. I realize the joke is that Bo always has 4 losses regardless of how good the season is but realistically 7-5 is where we end up with a loss in the bowl game dropping us to 7-6 if we end up facing anyone with a pulse and/or run game.

Jeff-DSA

Arkansas has been dealing with a lot of bad karma since Bielema's wife tweeted out her #karma tweet thingy. The only way to appease the gods is to exile her to a land where no football is played. Like Canada.

Meier

I expected we'd be at least a 2 TD favorite but 3 was even surprising to me. I think we're good for it.

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 6
Auburn @ Arkansas by 10
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 6
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 4
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 6
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 7
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 7
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7